New Clone Wars Season 4 Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Clone Wars keeps getting better and better every season, IMO. The only thing that slowed this past season down were the political episodes. :sleep

This is also one of the best looking shows (animated or live action) out there. The art direction is amazing and continues to impress me. Even with the not so great episodes they still look fantastic.

i agree that the shows have looked fantastic, but the scripts seem to be missing an opportunity. television is the perfect vehicle for character development and the interweaving of plot lines, yet the story telling isn't much different from the standard PT fare… everything is at surface level.

Yep, this show is great. The weakest part of Season 3 was the story about mortis and the centre of the force, that was too way off for me, too much fantasy without the SW patina.

they are the new arc troopers,it was inside of a star wars insider a while back and Wookipeepedia
https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Advanced_Recon_Commando
hope this helps.

Looks like he's got a phase 2 helmet on with a phase 1 visor? Even his mohawk looks like a phase 2.
Rex_Phase_2_helmet.jpg

But, is it me, or does his visor even look off, like its pointed more than it used to be on the phase 1?
star-wars-the-clone-wars-captain-rex-wallpaper.jpg

The visors look different on the Clone Wars ARCs and this new helmet for Rex. I just hope his armor doesn't change so I can just get the helmet from Toy Anxiety when Sideshow makes the figure.

I'm thinking this is Rex's new Phase 2 helmet, which, like Cody's, is different from his men. His armor seems to be the same. The 501 men around him seem to have their phase 2 helmets on, like in Ep 3, and are using the binocular attachments.

i agree that the shows have looked fantastic, but the scripts seem to be missing an opportunity. television is the perfect vehicle for character development and the interweaving of plot lines, yet the story telling isn't much different from the standard PT fare… everything is at surface level.
:goodpost:

Seems to be the real tragedy of the PT
Looks great some great concepts and just weak writing......

where is the "Band of Brothers" vibe that was touted for the series? why rush us off the front lines only to fill time with drab political arcs? i want to see Mandalorian factions rising against the Republic! i want to see Clones torn between their training and their sense of Mandalorian heritage! give us reason to understand why Clones may not have been a viable option in the OT… brother against brother against brother! if they have to introduce a Maul wannabe give him some firkin legs to run with! give us an insight to Palpatine and his personal training… his adepts… his bureaucrats… the Royal Guards didn't simply appear when Palpatine became the Emperor… i want to see him constructing the foundation for his coming reign! where are the Tuskens? i would love to see an episode through the eyes of their Shaman detailing the legend of Anakin and his attack on the tribe. perhaps the story of Anakin's reacquaintance with childhood best friend Kitster ala Luke's reacquaintance with Biggs from the OT? so many potential stories that practically write themselves yet we endure they typical Senate meetings and "action - Padme" fare. give us something that we don't already know to expect! use this amazing opportunity to enrich the Star Wars universe, not simply confirm it. a demigod like Grievous is most certainly going to return to his people! give it to us! the once former warlord of Kaleesh, a literal shell of the being he once was… risen from the dead to protect his home from the Republic (or worse). it's all there… it just needs to be pulled out.

How many seasons are left?
It's good to know I am not the only one who has to wait for the Blu-rays. I can watch them on the cartoon network, but the picture is not that good, and the scheduling is all over the place

Supposedly they've been planning for five in total. That's probably all they have room for given how they seem to be moving closer and closer to the time period of Episode III. But I do hope they allow the show to cover the events immediately after Episode III, showing what happens to Ahsoka and if there are any clones who rebel against Order 66.

After this is done, I'm betting they make an animated series to fill in between ROTS and ANH, replacing the fabled live action series. Probably for the best since the animated series just keeps getting better. I would hate for them to follow up the CW with something resembling the Holiday Special.
It will be interesting to see the good guys become the bad guys and how they avoid portraying any sympathy for Vader. Maybe see Rex or Cody fighting for the rebellion, some scenes of an agin Obi Wan doing some covert ops, the origins of Han Solo (OT purists shriek), Lando, the death of Jar Jar and really demonstrate the ruthless oppression of the Emperor.
Hopefully there will be enough steam left in SW to have them do a series between ANH and ESB and then ESB and ROTJ.

I haven't seen any of the seasons yet are they worth watching? I've had season one on Netflix for a while but I think the wife keeps bumping it down the list. Should I just break down and buy the seasons?

It actually is pretty good. It has it's ups and downs, but all in all it's fun. Typically the Clone Trooper driven episodes are the best. Anakin's Padawan, Ahsoka is annoying at first but the character really gets better as the seasons progress.

There are a few bad episodes (the first half of season 3 stunk), but overall it's a great series that is FAR better than the feature length pilot would have you believe.

Back