Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I regret about less from ASMUS - and folks will argue the point - is that they are good enough, I'd end up buying figures I hadn't even planned on. Elrond, Galadriel, 3 Nazgul, the Twilight King, 2 Gimli, MOS...

They still haven't restocked head sculpts.:cry::cry::cry:

As well as the not-skimping on accessories, costumes, and often diorama bases.

At not ridiculous prices. Needless to say, I cherish my Theoden figure at this point. I didn't like what WETA is planning (plus, obviously, it's an expensive statue).
Agree with everything you posted. I will pay a premium price for the main characters. I would not pay a premium for the 2nd tier characters which is where Asmus shined.

Yeah, they really did a great job with keeping their figures affordable while still including a lot for the price.

Side note: they did just make a birthday post for Cate Blanchette on their Facebook using their figure of Galadriel. Doesn't really mean anything concrete: they weren't linking to be able to buy the figure or announcing restocks, but it was something.

Asmus Will you release addictional Gandalf the grey crown head upgrade packs? I have bought the original crown directly from you and i still was not able tò purchase the upgrade because it's always out of stock...

Asmus Will you release addictional Gandalf the grey crown head upgrade packs? I have bought the original crown directly from you and i still was not able tò purchase the upgrade because it's always out of stock...
*Gloomily* - they haven't restocked Thorin headsculpts either:impatient:

Maybe direct e-mails would have more effect.

If anyone on here remembers,George used to frequent the boards at times to comment and reply on posts.

I just got this email back today after asking Asmus via email if the line would be dead or returning..
I know SOME fans will hate this news,others nonchalant,and a few of us,despite issues with figures along the way,will be happy with this news.
Compared to InArts slowness in releases...

Haldir please!!!!!

1000009198.jpg

Asmus coming back can be a very welcome thing. I've said it before, but as much as we all love InArt, they likely won't go beyond the Fellowship. Sales on Gandalf and Aragorn have got them started on Frodo and Sam, and if Legolas does well, it's hard to feel that they won't work on Boromir next.

Will InArt ever make Elrond? Galadriel? Saruman? Haldir? The answer is most likely not. And while Asmus has done most of these figures already, if they can make a character like Galadriel or Eomer at a Crown level that won't look out of place next to these new InArt figures, people will buy it. I genuinely don't feel my Crown Gandalf the White looks bad next to my InArt Gandalf the Grey.

If Asmus can come back and make Crown quality versions of characters they've already made, they'll get people to upgrade. If they make new characters - Gil-Galad and Haldir were in the works, there was demand for a new Eowyn since it's been a decade, people want Denethor and Isildur. Hell, Lord of the Rings is popular enough that they could probably make a high quality Rosie Cotton and people would buy it.

Here's hoping Asmus puts as much effort into the sculpts and paint as they have their costumes and weapons upon their return. And if they do, here's hoping people support their efforts. Everyone can be a winner here.

If anyone on here remembers,George used to frequent the boards at times to comment and reply on posts.

I just got this email back today after asking Asmus via email if the line would be dead or returning..
I know SOME fans will hate this news,others nonchalant,and a few of us,despite issues with figures along the way,will be happy with this news.
Compared to InArts slowness in releases...

Haldir please!!!!!

View attachment 705768
Imagine hating this news-
‘Boo! More figures of characters no one else is making that I’m not forced to buy. How dare they?!’

I welcome the return.
Let’s finally get some Gyaddamn Orcs out!

Back