RamboIII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's dekdave, we need his expertise on what to get for this Rambo to use as the bag he carried the detonators and gear in when he raided the Russian fort.

Sorry, haven't been lurking here as much since the Aliens/Predator/Terminator threads got moved to the new forum. :D

I was planning to use the bag that came with my Ripley figure since I'm not using it for her. It's padded on the inside but looks-wise it looks pretty close to what Rambo had.

I wonder if anyone's ever made 1/6 detonators and glow sticks like he had, obviously at that scale they could really glow, but it'd be a nice touch to have. Since HT put the Buddha necklace on him, other than the gun and bow and arrow, this figure is more geared around his appearance when he infiltrated the fort the first time at night. Has anyone ever removed the tank top on the muscular body? If so, any advice on how to do so, I'm leaning towards having a shirtless, hunting Russians down in the caves Rambo.

EVILFACE said:
Some pics. Looks like he won't be dirty or weathered like the proto. Still the factory paint and headsculpt is unreal. Looks like HT has improved on their only weakness.

image2232.jpg

https://www.toyskingdom.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3230&extra=page%3D1

Notice how emerald green Co-Bao's good-luck necklace is instead of the touquoise green that came with Rambo II. Interesting variation but considering he gave the necklace to the kid and didn't wear it for much of the film I'll probably leave it off.

MaulFan said:
I wonder if anyone's ever made 1/6 detonators and glow sticks like he had, obviously at that scale they could really glow, but it'd be a nice touch to have. Since HT put the Buddha necklace on him, other than the gun and bow and arrow, this figure is more geared around his appearance when he infiltrated the fort the first time at night. Has anyone ever removed the tank top on the muscular body? If so, any advice on how to do so, I'm leaning towards having a shirtless, hunting Russians down in the caves Rambo.

Some of the Hot Toys seals came with glowsticks but they were red and green. I was looking for some for his arrows but none were available in blue. Perhaps they could be painted with some flourescent blue paint?

dekadentdave said:
Some of the Hot Toys seals came with glowsticks but they were red and green. I was looking for some for his arrows but none were available in blue. Perhaps they could be painted with some flourescent blue paint?

I'm not opposed to painting any, good to know there's a base stick already made out there. Interestingly, the proto didn't even have the necklace, I was surprised when these photos came up. One thing I love, this picture makes him look bulkier than the others, which Stallone physically was in the movie. Hope Toys2 gets him soon, SSC was cheaper but I got impatient to get him and they seem to get things sooner than Sideshow.

image2229.jpg

The glowsticks did look a little big so not sure if they would work or not. Haven't seen them scale wise to know if they would.

And it does look bulkier which is excellent. Really digging the boots too. Toy2 always gets them months before SSC because they are imported directly from Asia. Now I'm getting impatient but I have Creed and Drago coming very very soon.

I'm getting impatient too, I've actually been planning a photoshop poster using all 3 figures to make a trilogy poster, since it's title is different and it's made so much later, I'll look at John Rambo as unique film not totally tied to the first 3.

Gotta say `Rambo III` is totally awesome,the head sculpt and paint apps are mind blowing,easily the best of the series.Well done HT!:cool::cool::cool:

RamboIII1.jpg

Last edited:
Man I can't wait for mine, this will be my 4th HT's figure and I got #5 coming next month with Capt' Jack! HT's hasn't let me down yet and by the looks of it they won't again! :D

I would have never bought this figure had an ebay seller not had a loose one up on ebay. I originally got it so I could use it for custom parts...but man...I have to say how impressed I am with this figure. It definitely makes me want to collect more from Hot Toys.

I find one small nitpick upset with this piece, scultped ends for his headband, the other 2 were cloth and worked just fine, I wish they'd have kept that for this one too.

I wonder if there's some delay getting this to the states, there have been pictures of this around for weeks now, yet, the Aliens Warrior from HT, which pics just started popping up a few days ago, has arrived at Toys2 and shipping, hope he comes soon.

dekadentdave said:
Lone Wolf calling Wolf Den... Lone Wolf calling Wolf Den... :lol

That ties into my favorite line from that movie.

First Blood - "In town you're the law, out here it's me...don't push it, don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe..."

First Blood Part 2 - "Murdock...I'm coming to get you..."

Rambo 3 - "Who are you?" "Your worst nightmare."

Back