READ FIRST POST! [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FIRST WIP of Sculpt! [iminime] American Psycho - Patrick Bateman

I'd like to get on the list. :wave

Honestly after seeing the WIP pics, and not being a fan of the expression simply because it limits the display options. However I think the WIP of the sculpt actually shows/captures Bateman's absolute insanity very well... Anyway since sculpt work is on... lets focus on the clothing accessories references so that they can get to work on it ASAP too!

I love the choice of expression simply because that is exactly what will set him apart from a Bruce Wayne look alike figure.

That's definitely a good start to nice piece of art. But I don't think that a sculpt based on a promo pic is what the purists and bigger fans of this movie had in mind.

I thought the right way to go was two sculpts. If they went with "cold stare" as the regular sculpt, it could have doubled over easily to something like this by changing the hair, and eye position and adding blood splatter:

PatrickBateman.jpg

american-psycho-03.jpg

American-Psycho-american-psycho-11068570-402-293.jpg

That's definitely a good start to nice piece of art. But I don't think that a sculpt based on a promo pic is what the purists and bigger fans of this movie had in mind.

I thought the right way to go was two sculpts. If they went with "cold stare" as the regular sculpt, it could have doubled over easily to something like this by changing the hair, and eye position and adding blood splatter:
Completely agree with you in all counts... we can request Denny to make another sculpt like this... we can pay increased prices for two sculpts...

Completely agree with you in all counts... we can request Denny to make another sculpt like this... we can pay increased prices for two sculpts...

So what will happen with the current sculpt? I think it should still be an option.

If we can convince Denny to try a different expression, what would we pitch to him? Open slight smile? Cold stare?

So what will happen with the current sculpt? I think it should still be an option.

If we can convince Denny to try a different expression, what would we pitch to him? Open slight smile? Cold stare?
Focused/Cold Stare would be the best option I think to contrast with this one... let me say there is no guarantee of having another sculpt... because I dont see any instance where Iminime have done two completely different sculpts for the same release... and this sculpt is so extreme that it cannot be modded to be tweaked into an expression like cold stare...

Last option would be for us to pitch someone like bbkill to sculpt us something like that... if everyone agrees with me we can take a petition of all of us interested and PM bbkill and ask him to do it for us...
What say?

Re: [iminime] American Psycho - Patrick Bateman FIRST WIP of Sculpt!

Hi ~~ I understand that some of you guys are disappointed about the choice.

I respect all. and also I respect the work of our scuptor~ too.

We may sculpt another expression later~~ as an option (not 100%)

But this expression is our challenge to do~~

It's very beginning~~ so there will be a lot of works to do.

Thanks!~

Denny

And, To Ankit, it's better not define anything~~
Surely, we can do ~ many things ^^ for our customers. it's just a matter of time.

There are very good bale sculpts out there by HT, and from Adam.

For us, we love to choose the epic expression of him in that movie,
this is why we chose that expression.

Thanks

Denny

so we are getting the screaming sculpt?

And, To Ankit, it's better not define anything~~
Surely, we can do ~ many things ^^ for our customers. it's just a matter of time.

There are very good bale sculpts out there by HT, and from Adam.

For us, we love to choose the epic expression of him in that movie,
this is why we chose that expression.

Thanks

Denny
EXCELLENT! I really hope this release will be the first one with 2 sculpts, I really like this in a way because there is a dearth of extreme expressions in sculpts these days... but since its limits display option another sculpt will really make it shine!

EXCELLENT! I really hope this release will be the first one with 2 sculpts, I really like this in a way because there is a dearth of extreme expressions in sculpts these days... but since its limits display option another sculpt will really make it shine!

To have this screaming sculpt and another with his cold stare would be amazing. I really hope Iminime can make time to do both sculpts. We will all be very grateful!

Cold stare was the best way to go. Every character in every movie has a lot of different expressions. If you have to pick one static look to capture the character as a whole, then it's cold stare. And it would double over to a blood splattered look that actually happened in the movie.

The problem is too many people see Bateman and Wayne as looking too much alike. Honestly I've yet to see a Wayne sculpt that would work for Bateman. If your a big fan of the movie, you know that the hair style, the cold heartless look as opposed to Wayne's heroic, noble expression, accessories, specific suit, yada yada is more than enough to set Bateman & Wayne miles appart. He doesn't have to be naked with a chainsaw to do so.

I am thinking to make two sculpts, but it will take a lot more time ~ so....this project will take long ~~ ^^

Thanks

Denny

I am thinking to make two sculpts, but it will take a lot more time ~ so....this project will take long ~~ ^^

Thanks

Denny
It doesnt matter Denny, because we American Psycho fans have waited YEARS with no response from any artist or company for a Bateman figure. For your perfect figure we do not mind waiting longer! We all know it will be worth the wait! For great work, time is not an issue!

Thanks

Denny

i really hope for 2 sculpts what happened to the voting? the scream head is great but does he even make that face in the movie

Re: [iminime] American Psycho - Patrick Bateman INTEREST LIST PLEASE VOTE FOR EXPRESS

This would be my choice of expression:

meh-ro700.jpg

Would be great if there could be a fullset/DX thing, and this could be the bonus for the DX.

We started working him as open mouth(Screaming face)
Big mouth open~ and blood on face!

Awesome news, Denny :clap:rock

Back