Resident Evil 4 Confirmed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for those of us who dont know anything of the game its hard to grasp your argument. I agree they arent the best movies ever made but I feel they are entertaining in and of themselves. Are there part that are ridiculous-sure. but its like that with lots of horror/action films.

I HATE Paul WS Andrson with a passion. The man has ruined may favorite VG franchise. He doesn't grasp the concept that RE is survival horror and not The Matrix with zombies. I also hate how they TRIED to make Milla Jovovich's character cooler than Jill in RE: Apocalypse as well as how short the Nemesis was. I've only seen part of RE3 but why does the Tyrant have Force Powers? Also what the hell was with Nicholai being a good guy in RE: Apocalypse and Carlos being in his 40s? In the RE3 (game) Nicolai is the second main villian and Carlos is younger than Jill. I can go on and on why these movies fail off course this is just the rambling a total fanboy of the games talking so pay no attention to me.

Don't forget he ruined Mortal Kombat, Deathrace and Aliens vs Predator too

They are most definitely THAT bad. :lol

Take a story that was initially about an evil corporation's horrible experiments, set in a creepy mansion with a lot of scary stuff going down, suspense, great characters, plot twists, villains and a great ending...

Not to mention the epic sequels and other stories of the classic franchise....And then just throw all of that away...

And instead... make a movie about some super chick who was NEVER in the games, make the corporation a lame shadow of what it is in the games, make the characters paper thin and forgettable, add in a bunch of crazy (not scary in the slightest) stuff that has nothing absolutely to do with the game franchise... and you have Resident Evil the movie.

And then make 2 sequels that only barely touch the games, but only at first...before spinning off into lala land for the third film. And you have a crap ass franchise that should have been aborted before the first frame was ever shot.

I love Milla, don't get me wrong. And I am all for strong female characters in film. But these movies insult true Resident Evil fans, and most of all...they insult intelligent people all over the world with their inept storytelling and horrendous plots. :banghead
You continue to accurately express everything I hate about these movies.

...The game, even JUST the first one... trumps ALL of the RE movies combined.
:lecture

...RE: Degeneration was better than the live action films

C'mon guys... Jonovich in whorish outfits = win for fanboys!
STFU ELI!!! :monkey4

You continue to accurately express everything I hate about these movies.

STFU ELI!!! :monkey4

You rock Ill, we are usually right on the same page. Glad to see that I am not alone in this. :rock

As someone stated earlier, the failure of these films isn't just on account of the lack of connection with the games or the storyline there. It's also that it completely loses any of the qualities that come with the genre at all.

As a zombie movie, it lacks the suspense and human drama that is so important to that genre. Even Shaun of the Dead, which is basically a comedy, manages to brilliantly merge the drama and fear with the comedy...which gave us a magnificent film and cult hit. The RE movies fail miserably on the Z front.

Even the zombies themselves lack menace and don't add to a single gram of fear throughout the entire 3 film lineup.

As an action film, they push the limits too far into camp. Alice is too extremely powerful, which doesn't mesh well with the games or real life... so where does it fit? Nowhere. Which is why it fails.

As a drama, it lacks acting talent and characters you give a damn about.

On the story level, things change so dramatically from film to film that you don't feel a overall continuity to the "saga", if you can stomach even saying that.

So in summation, it is a complete failure to not only RE fans... but zombie fans, action fans, and anyone who enjoys riveting intelligent horror.

You rock Ill, we are usually right on the same page. Glad to see that I am not alone in this. :rock

As someone stated earlier, the failure of these films isn't just on account of the lack of connection with the games or the storyline there. It's also that it completely loses any of the qualities that come with the genre at all.

As a zombie movie, it lacks the suspense and human drama that is so important to that genre. Even Shaun of the Dead, which is basically a comedy, manages to brilliantly merge the drama and fear with the comedy...which gave us a magnificent film and cult hit. The RE movies fail miserably on the Z front.

Even the zombies themselves lack menace and don't add to a single gram of fear throughout the entire 3 film lineup.

As an action film, they push the limits too far into camp. Alice is too extremely powerful, which doesn't mesh well with the games or real life... so where does it fit? Nowhere. Which is why it fails.

On the story level, things change so dramatically from film to film that you don't feel a overall continuity to the "saga", if you can stomach even saying that.

So in summation, it is a complete failure to not only RE fans... but zombie fans, action fans, and anyone who enjoys riveting intelligent horror.

Not alone on telling me to STFU? Bah! I noticed you didn't delete the STFU Eli portion of his quote. I get it.. stfu. :mad:

I don't think they were that bad at all. I just see them as zombie movies. For those who compare them to the game I guess I can understand but I don't. It's hard for some ppl to get past what something is based on if it isn't as good. Like I hate RZ's Halloween but the love the first. I can't even see it as a stand alone movie cause I'm such a huge fan of the first :lol But to each his own :D

Brother if you wrote a book about how much the RE movies sucked ass, I would buy a copy of it right now. :cool:

Not alone on telling me to STFU? Bah! I noticed you didn't delete the STFU Eli portion of his quote. I get it.. stfu. :mad:
:lol

You are a crazy bastard Eli... :lol
Yes he is. :lol

And Eli STFU :rotfl:rotfl
:lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/WWaLxFIVX1s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/WWaLxFIVX1s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

They are most definitely THAT bad. :lol

Take a story that was initially about an evil corporation's horrible experiments, set in a creepy mansion with a lot of scary stuff going down, suspense, great characters, plot twists, villains and a great ending...

Not to mention the epic sequels and other stories of the classic franchise....And then just throw all of that away...

And instead... make a movie about some super chick who was NEVER in the games, make the corporation a lame shadow of what it is in the games, make the characters paper thin and forgettable, add in a bunch of crazy (not scary in the slightest) stuff that has nothing absolutely to do with the game franchise... and you have Resident Evil the movie.

And then make 2 sequels that only barely touch the games, but only at first...before spinning off into lala land for the third film. And you have a crap ass franchise that should have been aborted before the first frame was ever shot.

I love Milla, don't get me wrong. And I am all for strong female characters in film. But these movies insult true Resident Evil fans, and most of all...they insult intelligent people all over the world with their inept storytelling and horrendous plots. :banghead

Best post ever! I agree 102%

I don't think they were that bad at all. I just see them as zombie movies. For those who compare them to the game I guess I can understand but I don't. It's hard for some ppl to get past what something is based on if it isn't as good. Like I hate RZ's Halloween but the love the first. I can't even see it as a stand alone movie cause I'm such a huge fan of the first :lol But to each his own :D

If you're going to sell a product, in this case, a film, that is based on another medium that has received critical acclaim for 10 years, one would think that you should actually make that film based on the actual material that made the game series great. ALL they took was the name "Umbrella, Raccoon City, Character Names (who are NOTHING like the characters in the game), and zombies", that's it. I can understand artistic differences that have to be changed, obviously, a bunch of puzzles wouldn't really make an interesting movie, but you can at least make the film in the same tone as the game.

Sorry for the rant, but whenever I see this thread updated, it just pisses me off at how great the movies COULD have been and how crappy they ARE.

I watched RE: Degeneration and you know what I discovered? Even if you got the minds behind the RE games and then had them make a movie according to their whims, it still probably wouldn't turn out well. And that's what I thought Degeneration was; when you take out the game part of RE, it leaves the story, which isn't much more than kitschy, incoherent, convoluted muckery. So what I'm saying is, Degeneration sucks almost as badly as the live-action RE flicks, but for disparate (though oddly similar) reasons.

Last edited:
I like all three! They were fun, end of story. They weren't fantastic stories compared to many movies out there...but I gotta say they kept me entertained for a couple hours!

I like all three! They were fun, end of story. They weren't fantastic stories compared to many movies out there...but I gotta say they kept me entertained for a couple hours!

exactly. I think I can get where some of you were coming from by not liking them. Like if they weren't Resident Evil movies I think they'd be really liked but because they're nothing like the game people don't like them. I guess I can get that. It doesn't matter to me though. I think if they were just they're own movies and weren't labeled as Resident Evil movies alot of people would like them more.

Loved the first film!!!:D The second one was a typical action horror sequel........Extinction.....erm......Less said the better!

I liked the first one alot, Didn't care for the second one at all, third one was pretty entertaining. I'll give the fourth one a shot

Thank You. :D thats what I was saying. they arent the best movies out there, but fun entertainment. better than watching paint dry.

Thank You. :D thats what I was saying. they arent the best movies out there, but fun entertainment. better than watching paint dry.
I'd rather watch paint dry and submit myself to any torture that DarkArtist can dream up than watch any of these atrocities again.

Back