Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots 'O Apes !!

Ok, after reading this thread, I feel compelled to share the insane details of my Sideshow POTA collection. I have:

2 - Cornelius
2 - Zira
3 - Dr Zaius (regular) -I received one free with "Vision" Lawgiver
2 - Dr Zaius (Forbidden Zone Excl)
5 - Gorilla Enforcers (got 3 @ $20.00 from drtoyscloseouts)
2 - Gorilla Marauders (Excl)
2 - Astronaut Taylor
4 - Forbidden Zone Astronaut Taylor (Excl)
3 - Slave Taylor
3 - Slave Nova
2 - Astronaut Brent
2 - Slave Brent (Excl)
2 - Prisoner Taylor (Excl)
2 - General Ursus (Excl)
2 - Caesar (Excl)
1 - Lawgiver Statue (reg)
2 - "Vision" Lawgiver Statue (Excl)

That's 38 figures and 3 Polystone Statues! How crazy am I ? I also have the Mutants on order. I've opened one of each, and will keep 1 complete set MIB. I will most likely open the extra Gorilla Soldiers at some point, if I ever get the chance to build a diorama. I also plan to "bash" a Bearded Slave Taylor from my extra FZ & Slave Taylors.

Re: Lots 'O Apes !!

It's great to be insane :speech
It's great to hear from another nut also. :clap
Warlock I'm envious of the 3 Lawgivers
Most difinately bash the beared Taylor with the Slave Taylor.
I have 2 DML Horses and feel that they aren't enough :(

I have "only" 1 of the DML horses! I got it at "buildawarrior.com" for $29.something several months back. I should have bought a few, since they are now $39.95 ( I also wish I'd bought a few more Gorilla soldiers @ $20.00 !). My only complaint about the DML Horse is that it seems to only be available in brown; it would make it nice for contrast if they came in black, white, tan, etc. Do you know of any other places to pick up a 1/6 horse?

DML's horse is the best on the market at this time, IMO. I'm not sure if any other company has made any, I have not seen any advertisements. I'm thinking about painting one of the ones I have black to see what it would look like. Tamiya paints blend well with items made in Japan.

Well, apparently buying figures in numbers like that just isn't good enough!!!
Power Team horses are pretty decent too and I think KBtoys.com still has the horse with rider for $12.99. Just go to their site and search "Power Team". The Power Team version does come in diferent colors but the sale is usually just the white one for some reason. :dunno

pota_bnnra.gif

Well I did it. I painted one of my DML horses using Tamiya flat black. My wife was totally against it at first but after I finished the head she was so impressed that she took over and finished painting the rest. It looks great to me and adds variety. I'm glad we did it. I also painted the rear ankles white. I plan on using this version for my Slave Taylor and Nova.

Well, screamingmetal, Sideshow is offering a "second chance" on the Ape Enforcer...

www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=apes_12&item=7505

and since they are in stock, you'll probably get a SSC hat.
I'd love to buy one, it's just that right now I'm playing catch up with my current Sideshow orders. If I didn't have both Autopsy Scully and Punk Spike shipping soon, it would've already been in my shopping basket.
And when ever I have a spare $28 to buy a Gorilla soldier on sale, they are always sold out for some reason. :rolleyes

3 - Dr Zaius (regular) -I received one free with "Vision" Lawgiver

What?:thud

You got a free Zaius when you ordered the "Vision" Lawgiver!!! I thought that offer was only valid for the regular Lawgiver! I got my "Vision" Lawgiver as a non-attendee (my cousin did as well) and we BOTH didn't get one.

Did anyone else get a FREE Dr. Zaius when they ordered a "Vision" Lawgiver!?!?!?!

That's 38 figures and 3 Polystone Statues!

That's quite a stash you got there Warlock! The combined collections in this thread could re-populate Centural City!

How crazy am I ?

Yeah, crazy... like a FOX!! I wish I had enough disposable income to keep up with you guys.:bow

Well, honestly, not as bad as I thought but not as well as I had hoped. Seems some were turned off by some of the sculpts and detail, others by the price, but, I'm hopeful to get past that and rejuvenate this line.
Of course if everyone that likes this line could pass the word to "sign up" we could easily increase the numbers responding. And if anyone here hasn't sent their info, please, don't wait any longer...send it now and let's keep the Planet of the Apes ALIVE!!!!

pota_bnnra.gif

Re: Ape Pics

Great job, Stickman!!! Let's hope we'll be afforded more figures to add to those!!

pota_bnnra.gif

Lots 'O Apes!

"You got a free Zaius when you ordered the "Vision" Lawgiver!!! I thought that offer was only valid for the regular Lawgiver! I got my "Vision" Lawgiver as a non-attendee (my cousin did as well) and we BOTH didn't get one."

Hey Protozaius, I think I lucked out because I received my "Vision Lawgiver" from the waitlist; my waitlist just happened to get converted to an order during the promotion for the free FZ Zaius! (and I had actually given up hope of getting a "Vision Lawgiver" statue thru the waitlist and had already picked one up from ebay!).

Re: Lots 'O Apes!

I received my "Vision Lawgiver" from the waitlist; my waitlist just happened to get converted to an order during the promotion for the free FZ Zaius!

Yeah, my cousin got a "Vision" Lawgiver through the waitlist as well. Still... no FREE Zaius.

You are one lucky monkey!

Free Zaius

Do you remember Warlock the dates of the Zaius promotion? I can't find any information on it.

I think I'm getting out of control!!! :banana
I just bought more Ape figs:

Slave Brent
Dr. Zauis Exclusive (Suprised that this is still at SSC!!!!)
Dr. Zauis
Cornelius
Zira
Astronaut Taylor
2 Mutant Leaders
2 General Ursus
and a cool looking Bullwhip!!!!!! by DML

I want to kitbash one of the Ursus but am not sure who to make. Urko or Aldo?

Back