Sci-fi metropolis kang now available!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironman1188

SO BE IT
Reaction score
For every good there is evil. First there was Spock (sure they threw in the M/M version) and now the sworn enemy of the Federation:
KANG
SFM-trekprototypes26.jpg

SFM-trekprototypes10.jpg

And here is how my personal one turned out,
MyCustom-StarTrekKang02.jpg

You will not find a better Michael Ansara as Kang likeness out there!!

Here is the ordering info:
The paypal addy is:
[email protected]
Once again, $50 per sculpt.
They ask that you please include $5 shipping and handling.
Make sure to include you name & address.
If you are getting more than one make sure to specify this as well. I am trying to help this run as smoothly as possible for everyone.
It is my understanding that the other heads WILL follow. However, I do not know which head will be next NOR when it will be available. I will of course pass along all info to you as soon as I am made aware. I am glad to see these getting into Trek fan's hands and look forward to seeing what you guys come up with for them.

looks fantastic, but i'm going to pass on this one. there is just TOO much stuff out there!!! congrats to all who get him though.

I hope these sell well enough that they are encouraged to do more than the eight heads they have already.

I hope these sell well, but this is one I don't really need. Kang isn't, in my mind, an "iconic" bad guy along the lines of Trelane, or the Gorn, or Khan, or even Kor.

Hope to see more crewmembers, ESPECIALLY Scotty, since no one else seems to be giving him any love!

What is the cutoff on this..... May has been insane and June isn't looking all that great (or all too great I suppose) for the amount of product shipping ?

I hope these sell well, but this is one I don't really need. Kang isn't, in my mind, an "iconic" bad guy along the lines of Trelane, or the Gorn, or Khan, or even Kor.

Hope to see more crewmembers, ESPECIALLY Scotty, since no one else seems to be giving him any love!
What!!! Ansara ruled as the ultimate alien portraying actor in the 60's. (and he was married to Barbara Eden :naughty) I'm thinking of getting extra just to make the ruler from Lost in Space, the curator fromo Time Tunnel and let's not forget Kane from Buck Rogers (ok that was the 80's) Kang ruled!! Of course ultimately, I would love Kor and Kolos from TOS and their "updated" counterparts!!
What is the cutoff on this..... May has been insane and June isn't looking all that great (or all too great I suppose) for the amount of product shipping ?
I wasn't given the cutoff as of yet, but I will check for you. I would imagine you would have a couple of weeks.

SFM already has a Scotty sculpt they will probably offer down the line. The sculptors wanted to rework a few of the heads as the prototypes were put together in somewhat of a rush to display at some shows. None of them were intended to be production ready. From pictures of the Spock castings it looks like they did some refining on that sculpt, and that is the one they seemed happiest with.

That Scotty looks great, but I think his hair looks thick. Scotty had thin flat hair.

Yeah, I really want to get a hold of that Scotty.

The fact that his hair looks "big" is actually really dependent on how you remember Scotty looking. Of all the main crewmembers, Scotty is really the only one who went through several hairstyles on the show.

Most figures, including this one, depict him with the first season cut. I never really liked that one, it looks like it was coated with grease (typical 60's style) and swept to the side.

In the second and early third season, he had a pompadour (basically, his hair was still long, but instead of being swept to the side it was combed straight back).

My personal favorite? Late season 3. He had a short, almost buzz cut, with slightly longer bangs swept to the side. It looked essentially like this one, but shorter. That may be the one you're thinking of. It also wasn't greased, and in most lighting looked peppered with gray.

Yes the Kang head was scheduled to be over on the 5th. They have decided to keep the Kang offer open until the rest of the heads that will be released are tweaked and finalized.
This both good and bad.
- Its bad if you can't stand the wait to see who's next.
- Its good if you still need to get Kang (a great Klingon to have for sure) and to show your support for continuing these offerings.
I will announce when the Kang is officailly over and what the new head will be as soon as I have that information afforded me.

Any word on this? There was a message from Tom near the end of June saying that the first Kang castings were not so good, and that the sculpt would be cleaned up and a new mold made. Since then, nothing.

???

Any word on this? There was a message from Tom near the end of June saying that the first Kang castings were not so good, and that the sculpt would be cleaned up and a new mold made. Since then, nothing.

???

This is the first I've heard of this. I will try and get ahold of them and see what's up.
Please PM me your name and addy so that can address this properly.

Last edited:
I, too, have yet to receive the head. On 6/22, I was sent an e-mail alerting me to the delay, but nothing else

Back