Seeking medicom body help/recomendations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerath666

Super Freak
Reaction score
So i've been out of this gig for a few years now, and starting to get back into it. I've got several OLD medicom SW figures ( Jedi luke, Vader, Maul, Fett, etc) and as was the issue with old medicom bodies, their shoulders and hips disintigrated over the years. I've long since stripped the figures down, tossed the bodies, but kept the heads, hands and accessories. so my question is, anyone have any recomendations on replacement bodies? Are current generation medicom bodies any better? Any help here would be awesome.

I don't know about the new ones, but With the old ones, Some of them, yes.

That's not the issue, however. the plastic used in the shoulder and hip joints of theolder medicom bodies were held together ins eome places by pressure bolts, instead of screws. Additionaly, this plastic was very thin in places, and brittle. as such, they were prone to breaking.

SO sitting around for extended periods of time, can lead older medicom figures to just shatter, like glass at the shoulder and hip joiunts.

I was simply wondering if the newer ones were any better, and if so, i'd just buy a parted out one on ebay.

I figured as much. There was a few exposed bolts on the body in question I wanted to tighten up, but they weren't screws. Ah well. I hate loose elbows and knees on figures.

I figured as much. There was a few exposed bolts on the body in question I wanted to tighten up, but they weren't screws. Ah well. I hate loose elbows and knees on figures.

Speaking of loose knees or elbows I know this isn't the brand of topic but it's related to an issue stated here: I would love to know how does one go about tightening a knee joint on a play arts kai Spider-Man that's been loose since the day I got it and it's been quite annoying posing him because it change his height where I constantly have to readjust so no dynamic poses. I came across this thread by chance and seeing this issue brought up was a yes for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back