Sideshow, the forearm length really needs to be addressed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingdarkness03 said:
What exactly are you trying to same ironman???you need to be more clear, Iam getting mixed signals:rolleyes:
I agree. What IS ironman trying to same?

& while we're at it... who's Iam?

*ss*

Hey, from a general uninformed point of view...were Hasbro's figures facing any of the unproportioned flaws?

Not sure, but 95% of them used the out of scale super dupper buff stiff unposable HOF GIJoe body. That was enought to keep me from buying them.

Umm...you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. I do not understand where this mentality that sideshow owes us something comes from. Sideshow owes us jack****. If sideshow wants to produce a monkey armed figure that's ther right. They are the ones making it. If sideshow wants to produce a figure that look less than perfect that's their right.

Your right as a consumer is to purchase or not purchase. When you purchase you are saying, "Yes, it's not perfect but I'm okay with it." When you don't purchase you're saying, "Nope, this figure is not up to the standards I am willing to accept when paying this price." Those are your choices.

Should sideshow decide to correct the long arm problem, again that is their choice and may possibly be one they would be forced to result to if the long arms caused a drop in sells. It will not because apparently the majority of people find the problem manageable and it has nothing to do with being up sideshow's ass. Its simply that the long arms are within the range of problems that they find acceptable for the price they paid.

Sideshow does not make anyone buy these figures, if you buy this figure, and are unhappy with the arms, and are mad that you're keeping the figure with incorrectly proportioned arms then its your fault you don't have good impulse control. Either its worth the money or its not and if its not and you keep it then I point you to P.T. Barnum.

Everyone has the right to say whatever they want, such as this is the intention of a forum. But, with all the SW products that have come out over the years, these 1/6 SSC figures are the best representations I've ever seen. Most are right, you either like or dislike. But, at $50 or so a pop, these beat out Hasbro's stuff(quality) and staying well under $100 also beat out Medicom(a little pricey). But as it's been said a billion times, all of these figures are "differant animals" intended for differant groups of people altogether............lets all be happy that were getting these in the first place. Ok, this was my two cents worth..................:monkey3
theverse

Agent0028 said:
Your right as a consumer is to purchase or not purchase. When you purchase you are saying, "Yes, it's not perfect but I'm okay with it." When you don't purchase you're saying, "Nope, this figure is not up to the standards I am willing to accept when paying this price." Those are your choices.
No, no, no, no...
au contraire mon frere...

The choices above are YOUR choices! You want to stick your head in the
sand? By all means! DO SO! (South Park was funny last night, btw!)

For us collectors, there's 1 more option:
We can... get this... actually SAY what we don't like about the figure so that
sideshow (or any other co, for that matter) can get closer to perfection!
(What? NO! You mean they're NOT perfect now? NO! Say it ain't so!)

You see, if sideshow wants to crap in a box, it's your right to but it... oh &
you'll buy it alright AND love it! You'll even smell it & say "yummy, roses".
Well, some of us might say... "hey, we love sideshow too, so we'll buy it as
well... but next time, could you PLEASE tape the box better so that we don't
have to smell it as much?"

But then of course, you'll come on here & say... "What smell? The Roses
smell? Well, if you don't like the smell... don't buy it!"! & then we'll be here
ALL over again.

:naughty

*ss*
:peace

Making assumptions are we? Actually I agree that the arms are too long and I do find it annoying because it eliminates having one or both arms hanging at his sides. However, you missed the point of my post. My point wasn't against saying that the arms are too long, it is against saying that sideshow needs/has to fix it. And that we shouldn't have to fix it ourselves. My point is that you don't have to fix it and and sideshow doesn't have to fix it because you do not have to buy it.

Now can you please quote my post where I said that you don't have a right to say anything about it?

Super Serg said:
You see, if sideshow wants to crap in a box, it's your right to but it... oh &
you'll buy it alright AND love it! You'll even smell it & say "yummy, roses".
Well, some of us might say... "hey, we love sideshow too, so we'll buy it as
well... but next time, could you PLEASE tape the box better so that we don't
have to smell it as much?"

Come on, give a example that believable.

I didnt like the Hasblo stuff and didn't buy them. I like the SS SW stuff so I bought them.

The arms are a mute point, I have long arms so I guess that is why they don't bother me.

Murderofcrows71 said:
Just curious, So if we fixed the arms on the Luke figure, whatever would we have to gripe about then?

Hmmm guess we could complain that you have ruined your chance of sending your kids to college when you go to sell you mangled Luke.

*whew* you guys are too fast for me... slow it down.. :)
Agent0028 said:
Now can you please quote my post where I said that you don't have a right to say anything about it?
No one ever said that you said that... BUT if that's the case, whats the pont of your original post? Did someone say that they were somehow going to force sideshow into fixing the arms?
EVILFACE said:
Come on, give a example that believable.
Every time that someone has a legitamite gripe about something that sideshow could've done nicely but dropped the ball on & you go into that thread to defend sideshow... those posts are ALL perfect examples. You defending sideshow (when they don't need defending) is like defending a grocery store when someone complains that a food they bought was stale. What you bought might've been perfectly fine for you, but WHY stop someone else from trying to get the best item possible? & isn't it in your best interest as well that each item that we ALL recieve be THE BEST possible? If you can't fathom sometihng better than this Jedi Luke, enjoy it, period, but stop raining on others parades.
Murderofcrows71 said:
Just curious, So if we fixed the arms on the Luke figure, whatever would we have to gripe about then?
After the arm issue, it'd be the HUGE bobble head... & after that... the scared look (which as of right now, you can only fix with some SWEET / SEXY mood lighting... the kinda lighting that glamour shots uses)
& after that... Hmmm, he might be close to perfection then for me... BUT ... I won't stop others with a more vivid imagination that could think of ways of improving him just because I like what I got at that moment.
Get it?
:D

*ss*

Super Serg said:
Every time that someone has a legitamite gripe about something that sideshow could've done nicely but dropped the ball on & you go into that thread to defend sideshow... those posts are ALL perfect examples. You defending sideshow (when they don't need defending) is like defending a grocery store when someone complains that a food they bought was stale. What you bought might've been perfectly fine for you, but WHY stop someone else from trying to get the best item possible? & isn't it in your best interest as well that each item that we ALL recieve be THE BEST possible? If you can't fathom sometihng better than this Jedi Luke, enjoy it, period, but stop raining on others parades.
*ss*

In my eyes, I am getting the best product possible for the $50 I'm paying. Arms do not bother me unless they are dragging on the ground.

I mean hell, I could pay $150 and get a Medicom Luke that is not in scale with any other 1/6th figure and looks NOTHING like Mark Hamill.

I'm sure as hell if I went on to a Medicom board and pointed that out, i'd be ripped as well.

So . . . . Don't like my posts, don't read em. There is a ingore feature.

EVILFACE said:
So . . . . Don't like my posts, don't read em. There is a ingore feature.
C'mon. Don't be childish. Why not try to have an adult convo for once?
(which is turning out to be harder & harder on this board... but let's at least try, Ok?)

My original point, which you conveniently ignored (or didn't even notice) was
that, it's GREAT that you LOVE the figure YOU received... BUT why... are you
trying to stop OTHERS... from getting something BETTER... for that same price???

& if you can't imagine Luke any better... just enjoy him & leave it at that!

What harm would it do YOU if Luke came out looking EVEN BETTER to EVERYONE???

Thank you.

*ss*

Super Serg said:
No one ever said that you said that... BUT if that's the case, whats the pont of your original post? Did someone say that they were somehow going to force sideshow into fixing the arms?
As I stated in my second post my point was that people keep saying sideshow needs to fix the arms. Another comment was that we shouldn't have to fix the arms ourselves. My point, for the third time, was that sideshow does not have to do anything to fix the arms if they do not want to. We do not have to fix the arms ourselves, it is your own decision to buy the figure and if the arms do bother you and you feel compelled to fix them that is your perogative, not something that is being forced on you. You do not have to do it.

Super Serg said:
For us collectors, there's 1 more option:
We can... get this... actually SAY what we don't like about the figure so that
sideshow (or any other co, for that matter) can get closer to perfection!
(What? NO! You mean they're NOT perfect now? NO! Say it ain't so!)

This passage is indicative that you seemed to believe that was the point of my post. Especially considering that you didn't even address the point of my post, and that you had to ask the point of my post. Not to mention that my post was the only one you quoted so I have to assume you were addressing me. And, you're correct that
Super Serg said:
No one ever said that you said that...
However it is possible to say something without actually saying it.

Super Serg said:
C'mon. Don't be childish. Why not try to have an adult convo for once?
(which is turning out to be harder & harder on this board... but let's at least try, Ok?)

My original point, which you conveniently ignored (or didn't even notice) was
that, it's GREAT that you LOVE the figure YOU received... BUT why... are you
trying to stop OTHERS... from getting something BETTER... for that same price???

& if you can't imagine Luke any better... just enjoy him & leave it at that!

What harm would it do YOU if Luke came out looking EVEN BETTER to EVERYONE???

Thank you.

*ss*

The best thing to do is call or email and snail mail Sideshow Toy and let them know what you thought of their product. This is not a official board, it's one were fans hang out and we are blessed that some peps from Sideshow pop in every now and then.

When the Camaro/Firebird cars were stopped being made, I wrote GM a letter and let them know what I thought.

EVILFACE said:
When the Camaro/Firebird cars were stopped being made, I wrote GM a letter and let them know what I thought.
So le me get this straight:
If at that time that you wrote a letter, if the internet had been around, & you'd have found a Camaro/Firebird board...
You're say that you WOULDN'T have posted that letters opinion on said board?

& if you had, how would you have felt when another board member were to have told you "It's been discussed already! We like this car gone & we like things at Ponitac just the way they are. Move along!" ?

:monkey2

*ss*

:confused: 2002 Was the last model year for the cars, so yes the interent was around :lol And while people did talk about online, I snailed a letter to them since they are the ones that could do anything about it.

Oh, and the Camaro is coming back, the Firebird is not.

Back