So it begins...I have joined the Dark Side

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundwave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I had prided myself on being really good & staying away from the frankly bonkers amount of 1/6th Star Wars figures but the current releases of Darth Malgus & General Grievous had made me sit up & take them more seriously but I had been good...until today :slap

When I took a punt & won these on Ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321402057249?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I know they aren't the best but a nice cheap start to what I expect will be a very slippery slope.

Will get some more pics when they arrive :)

Oh what have I started :slap:horror:lol

Neil

Last edited:
Re: So it begins

Congrats on the score! :rock But transparent thread titles, for the love of god

Maul is a cool figure. Couldn't tell what else was in the lot.

And congrats. You don't know the power of the dark side. :vader

57 quid. Result. Good solid figures if now dated. Enjoy!!

Congrats on the score! :rock But transparent thread titles, for the love of god

Thanks man...Lol sorry have fixed it to be a bit less transparent ;)

Maul is a cool figure. Couldn't tell what else was in the lot.

And congrats. You don't know the power of the dark side. :vader

Yeah Maul was the figure I was actually searching for just happened to see the auction with 2 extra figures for such a low peice I thought I'd give it a shot & got lucky :)

I think I am scared to find out the full power of the Dark Side...I think this is going to get expensive.

It looks like he also got Mace and Qui-Gon.

Yep Mace & Qui-Gon, not some of the better figures but when they only cost me about £20 each shipped I couldn't argue.

57 quid. Result. Good solid figures if now dated. Enjoy!!

Lol Tell me about it.
They will definitely show their age compared to the newer stuff but I honestly can't argue for the price.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I think to limit the impending damage I will stick to Sith only for my collection so next on the hitlist is Asajj before she starts getting too dear.

Malgus & Grievous can wait a little bit as they are still easy to get at retail so no rush, get a few earlier one's done first.

Neil

Thanks man...Lol sorry have fixed it to be a bit less transparent ;)

Yeah Maul was the figure I was actually searching for just happened to see the auction with 2 extra figures for such a low peice I thought I'd give it a shot & got lucky :)

I think I am scared to find out the full power of the Dark Side...I think this is going to get expensive.

Yep Mace & Qui-Gon, not some of the better figures but when they only cost me about £20 each shipped I couldn't argue.

Lol Tell me about it.
They will definitely show their age compared to the newer stuff but I honestly can't argue for the price.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I think to limit the impending damage I will stick to Sith only for my collection so next on the hitlist is Asajj before she starts getting too dear.

Malgus & Grievous can wait a little bit as they are still easy to get at retail so no rush, get a few earlier one's done first.

Neil

That's actually what im doing. I will be buying siths first then hope more jedis are made by hot toys, I currently have ventress and the new grievous, and will order vader and malgus soon. then medicom darth maul since its looks great as well. I did buy yoda since he will become super over price later on and was only 100$, and a clean version hot toys luke and made a rotj custom for him as well before he sky rockets.

Do we have a latest pick up thread? Seems lots of people are starting to get back in to the classic Sideshow figures.

Congratulation on that fabulous deal buddy.

I paid nearly double that a couple of years back for just Maul and Windu.

That's actually what im doing. I will be buying siths first then hope more jedis are made by hot toys, I currently have ventress and the new grievous, and will order vader and malgus soon. then medicom darth maul since its looks great as well. I did buy yoda since he will become super over price later on and was only 100$, and a clean version hot toys luke and made a rotj custom for him as well before he sky rockets.

I just think the Sith characters are much more interesting than the Rebels, plus a million Clones just don't do it for me ;)

I'm hoping to get Asajj next, she's one of my fave characters from the EU.

One of us! One of us!

Congrats!

Lol

I know the feeling, welcome to the dark side. You've given into it like the rest of us

It's the power of the Dark Side there is no resisting it ;)

Congratulation on that fabulous deal buddy.

I paid nearly double that a couple of years back for just Maul and Windu.

Thanks buddy.
Yeah I did really well Maul alone should be more than that.
Can't wait to see them now.

Nice score, bud. You're in trouble now. :lol

Thanks man, lol tell me about it, haven't stopped looking on Ebay now for more to add to the collection ;)

Ventress was one of my favorite figures back then. I still think she's great.

Ventress is just soooo cool.
I really want the Clone Wars Maquette as well one day but she's gone through the roof now (Should have bought her years ago :()

Did Dooku ever get a 1/6th figure?

Nope. Which is weird, because they were really good at figures of old men, even back then. The only good human portraits they did were Alec Guiness and Ian McDermid. The upside is that he'll probably be much better if they do him now (if they ever do him).

Is this the maquette you mean?

SW_ASAJJ_STAT.300.jpg

Nope. Which is weird, because they were really good at figures of old men, even back then. The only good human portraits they did were Alec Guiness and Ian McDermid. The upside is that he'll probably be much better if they do him now (if they ever do him).

Is this the maquette you mean?

SW_ASAJJ_STAT.300.jpg

Yeah that does seem really odd...hopefully they will do one, I think you need him to display with Asajj...they just go together ;)

Yep that's the Maquette.
She's gone up way too much to be worth buying now (think she's around £150 delivered these days, when I was last looking she was around £70 :()

Neil

Hello Neil,

I have the Ventress you mentioned, NIB. Never displayed. Took it out once to inspect when I bought it from the shop years back. Shoot me an offer on PM or here.

Are you interested in Obi-Clone? Also have 2 Medicom Clone Phase 1 Sgt (red one).

I am not out of the game. I am still collecting Clones and Ironman. Still trying to get those Clones I missed which is not difficult, its the thin wallet that is making me difficult to acquire them! LOL

Good score! My Qui-Gon is one of my favorites in my collection.

Of course now you need a Padawan Kenobi to go with that Qui-Gon and Maul...
(waves hand in Kenobi-esque manner)

Back