Star Wars 12" High Res Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem at all. Just my way to help. :D

He will look awesome I totally agree and I think he will be hard to keep boxed up while I'm at SDCC. I'm with ya bring on whoever is next.

Hey jlcmsu, could you please post the high-res Darth Maul pics, please? It sure is nice to have them all in one thread.

Thanks!

TheObsoleteMan said:
I don't know if they tweaked the sculpt or if it's the new paint apps. or just my imagination, but this version looks more like Hayden to me.

lets hope the lips are painted the right way this time!!! the hi-res pics look incredible.

Man, this looks great! High res really brings out the details. I especially like the long strand of hair on Maul's arm. :lol

I'm a little more excited about these Probes now that I can zoom in and actually see them. The detailing is cool, even the jagged edges around the lower camera eye.

Still not crazy about the support wires -- and I hope SS gives us clear rods if possible -- but, as was suggested, a quick spray of silver paint ought to fix it just fine.

They do look pretty cool. I agree about the rods but if Lucasfilm is pushing their weight around I don't see a change coming. We know how Lucas is.

I wonder if, with all the customizing that people are doing -- repainting heads, etc -- if an original untouched SS figure will be more valuable in the future? I would think so.

Makes me wonder if I should go ahead with my urge to repaint Anakin, or just let it be in all its original Sideshow glory. It might be interesting to see how their paint ops change over time -- for better or for worse -- as the line continues into year two and three. Maybe someday, far in the future, people will be looking in mad desperation for the few Anakins that remain with those beautiful "dark ruby lips".

Wor-Gar said:
Maybe someday, far in the future, people will be looking in mad desperation for the few Anakins that remain with those beautiful "dark ruby lips".

Ummm, no. :D

Wor-Gar said:
EXCELLENT! Now I have the complete set of Josh HI-REZ! Thanks, man.

Agreed! Thanks again Josh...It's always a treat when you put up the high-res SW and LOTR photos...you REALLY get to see the INCREDIBLE detail! Man this MAUL looks GREAT! Can't wait to have it in hand!

:maul

Back