Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Spanbauer continues to put us to shame with his photography skills.

While I'm over here taking photos with my Iphone.
🤣 Thanks. He’s a tough figure to photograph - I’ve had lots of do-overs so it’s taken me longer than usual. Really have to get the lights right up on top of him because there’s just so. Much. Black!

Got mine in yesterday. Given that this is my first Vader I'm going with a clean ESB display.

My only complaint so far is that the chest and belt lights are distractingly bright - I wish they were a bit more diffused. I ended up just turning off the chest box for now and leaving only the belt boxes.
Got mine as well, but then had to set him aside and pack for a week long vacation (which I'm on now lol). I will probably also start with his clean look to pair with my recently acquired Tarkin. I also have the ROTJ Vader on order on which I'll display the Sebastian Shaw sculpt, but as the battle damaged version of this is so cool I'll definitely switch them up on a regular basis.

IMG_2040.jpeg
IMG_2044.jpeg
IMG_2048.jpeg

Mine arrived on Thursday and I’ve been working away at some photos ever since. This is also my first Hot Toys Vader ever, and so far I’ve just been playing around with him in his clean standard look. Really amazing figure!

View attachment 700109
View attachment 700114
View attachment 700108
View attachment 700111
View attachment 700115
View attachment 700112
View attachment 700110
View attachment 700113
Beautiful photos as always @Spanbauer :clap can't wait to see your pics with the BD setup

Last edited:
Nice photos. đź‘Ť

The belt and crotch (are those two stock?) are not my cup of tea though, they somehow make the figure look a bit cheap. They are also sitting to high (his nuts must be hurting) and crooked.

Edit: It is not the belt per se but that the two control boxes are to close to the belt buckle for my liking.
Coz he’s old school wonky :p
Latest sideshow cod piece and HT belt from an older Vader.

Finally got the 'processing soon' e-mail from BBTS for the deluxe edition. Which means I'll probably actually have it in about two weeks.

It's not terrible but because they stitched two layers of fabric together, you get a thick edge running throughout the whole thing. It sort of falls on the figure like a heavy thick tarp. It's workable if you position it carefully depending on the pose that you do but it wasn't ideal to me. They should have just included two capes with one having the battle damage scar. I think if this was just a single layer and not doubled, it would have worked a lot nicer.

The only way I was able to get some folds out of the stock cape was to position it behind his arm or hand in a way that created folds. Maybe water treating it will do some wonders. This is how the cape naturally sits on the figure:

bc6251624a2e800907652f865a89e2f2.jpeg
Unboxed my Vader today and I am glad that the stock cape actually isn't that bad, in my opinion. That's good so the decision between another drape cape or a wired cape was easy and I ordered the wired one from Jax and will use the stock as my drape cape.

Beautiful photos as always @Spanbauer :clap can't wait to see your pics with the BD setup
Thank you! The Anakin sculpt is INSANELY good. I thought it was gonna be a real chore to photograph but I just turned on the lights and the thing just comes to life, it's crazy. And the one eye means there's plenty of room to just stick your finger in there and roll the eye around - instead of relying on the fiddly tool - which makes it so much quicker to adjust.

Here's a second batch of my photos (first ones were here for anyone who missed them). My LED diorama base actually doesn't work - Sideshow is sending me a replacement - so in the meantime I had to fake the light-up effect in Photoshop 🤪

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0125C.jpg

DSC_0185B.jpg

DSC_0241Bcu.jpg
DSC_0241B.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

Last edited:
I'm struggling to find the answer in this thread - has it been determined if the clean head fits on other Vader figures?

Back