Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just talked to Popcultcha support, dx27 and 28 shipping delayed til August.

At least I'll get from the very last and best batch 😎
Wow, that wait time can really be a downer seeing many are getting it. On the bright side, at the very least you are secured of getting it. I hope the wait doesn't detract you for enjoying it once it arrives.

I usually have to wait 2 months once released in HK.

I think the only option is to display this as the battle damaged version.

I know people are...passionate...about source material, but I simply think the sculpt is too good to box up.

I'd originally planned to pick up a standard version and put the clean armor from the deluxe on it, but the ROTJ version was announced before I bought a second, so that solved that.

It should still be compatible. There is a eBay seller selling Jaxon's Vader capes and they claim it fits both ESB and both DX versions. I think Jedha even puts his older one on the DX28 in his review video
Avoid this seller. He initially listed 1 available and I foolishly assumed it was someone just selling one that they didn’t want anymore. I then got the very standard “oh hi dear friend please good patience friend ah yes shipping process time will be August”. Then loaded up a UPS tracking number that sat dormant. Called eBay and was refunded.

Beware.

Avoid this seller. He initially listed 1 available and I foolishly assumed it was someone just selling one that they didn’t want anymore. I then got the very standard “oh hi dear friend please good patience friend ah yes shipping process time will be August”. Then loaded up a UPS tracking number that sat dormant. Called eBay and was refunded.

Beware.
I'm definitely not buying from them. When I see anything less than 100 % positive feedback, I always look at the negatives. Several stated that they believed it was a fake account for TW. I'll use OSK once I get ready to buy a wired cape.

Have there been any side-by-side pics posted comparing the older pleather HT Vader bodysuits and this new style bodysuit? Seems to be a sort of sail-type fabric maybe.

Besides the huge plus of getting rid of HT pleather deterioration, my one concern with pics I've seen of the new bodysuit up close is that it doesn't seem to have as much "puffiness" as the pleather suits. Seems more like just parallel stitching lines lying flat on fabric as opposed to puffy/raised furrows like the pleather created.

I'm yet to see pleather deterioration on any of my Vader bodysuits, either HT or SSC, but with a few of my SSC Indy jackets (not from same releases) now cracking, along with the accessories on the HT Indy stuff disintegrating, it's obviously only a matter of time.

Is it confirmed nylon and not pleather? I don't have Vader in yet, still waiting for sidebruh

Hmm sorry, thought someone said it was a nylon so I had in mind that this was a "new generation" of jumpsuits. I don't have the fig and thought about getting just the suit to check it out but maybe it's same ol' pleather. Glad I weighed in here first. :lol

Yeah it certainly looks quite flat - ie just lines of stitching on flat fabric (no furrows) - if it is indeed just pleather. A bit more so than any previous jumpsuit except the SSC ROTJ V1 which was a weird one, more just a failed attempt at molded lines with no actual stitching.

The real curiosity will be if ROTJ Vader wears this so-called "nylon" or not. It also wasn't advertised with it, but could be a bonus addition if HT got a boatload of this new material. Chances are, HT did not use it for expendable ROTJ Vader though. It would be too nice.

As far as I know only empire Luke (and starkiller?) is conformed for nylon suits.

Not doing it for RotJ Vader now that the cat is out of the bag would be cheap and archetypical Hot Toys, wich is why I think their whole artisan line will fall flat against the competition unless they start paying attention to everything like they actually did for Joker with new body, tailoring etc. where Anakin and so far the others after are just rooted hair on stock figures.

There was marketing mumble about "best materials" when the line launched but so far they only come through on that for Joker and now kind of with Luke with the nylon suit over pleather.

I feel like Star Wars is only steps away from that MCU type humor.
I saw ANH when I was 6. I’m sad at the caricature of itself that it has become. Jungian archetypes to a cliche of itself. Lucas’s greatest hat trick was turning mythology into a cash cow. I guess I’d wring that teat dry, too. Lucas or Disney. Eternal archetypes in the service of shareholders

Back