Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes go off. Talk your truth. Say what you want buddy
okay

Vine Wtf GIF

I’m sensing a pattern here lol. Every time dc reveals something it’s met with hate but then the movie comes out it garners a fanbase 😂.

I remember the Cahill Superman suit reveal people got mad cause it was “ to dark” and that affleck reveal for Batman was hilarious. Then there was Heath joker reveal, the suicide squad and the Batman. All met with negative feedback.
Dc releases the suit and sees people hate it and are like “ yes we are so in!”

Not saying the suit is good. Just saying I notice Everytime there is a suit reveal now it’s negative. But modern superhero suits have this problem with adding those ugly panel lines
What people? I remember clearly that Supercavill, Batfleck, Gadot WW even Heath official photos met with praise and curiosity not the same comments that were thrown to Corn right here... especially where their suits are really close with what the material source look like, given how Snyder tendecies on comic accurate design and such.

What people? I remember clearly that Supercavill, Batfleck, Gadot WW even Heath official photos met with praise and curiosity not the same comments that were thrown to Corn right here... especially where their suits are really close with what the material source look like, given how Snyder tendecies on comic accurate design and such.
No they weren’t . I remember they were met with mixed reception especially affleck Batman. . And Heath photos were met with praise? Where were you in 2008. Damn are we rewriting history orrrr 😂

Granted the Affleck announcement wasn't met with praise but I don't recall a backlash to the suit reveals.

No they weren’t . I remember they were met with mixed reception especially affleck Batman. . And Heath photos were met with praise? Where were you in 2008. Damn are we rewriting history orrrr 😂
This one?
ledger-joker-reveal.jpg

MOS-0001RV.jpg

and this one?

I don't know i was there , i'm on my university years and irrc the Ledger thing was controversial when he was first announced, not when the first reveal photo, and the Cavill suit is an improvement to SR suit and mostly it was, again, very true as it can be to the source material.

But not this Corn reveal-bad, whatever the mix reaction is. Not at this level of worse.

This one?View attachment 701635

View attachment 701636
and this one?

I don't know i was there , i'm on my university years and irrc the Ledger thing was controversial when he was first announced, not when the first reveal photo, and the Cavill suit is an improvement to SR suit and mostly it was, again, very true as it can be to the source material.

But not this Corn reveal-bad, whatever the mix reaction is. Not at this level of worse.
Bro yes it was. That image literally made the internet rage and this was before social media. Also yes people said the cavil suit was to dark. I’m not in my university years so I know. The smeared makeup was hated at first.
Also true to the source material you say? I mean you do know back then people literally said the opposite right? They said he should have trunks and a yellow s on his cape and do on. So no it’s not true to the source material. More like close to the new 52 design or a modern take.

Still a good suit tho

I won tickets to see Superman with Christopher Reeve in the role. Since that time I have seen those that followed including Smallville, however the costume took the edge off for me. I have known those who wore Superman T shirts although I saw different words. Today we live in a world which for many is more overt than ever when in fact we should seek a more covert approach. Yes I know, what the hell is he going on about, call it therapy and as Scott Glenn recently said breath using the diaphragm.

Heck I feel super already.

Heath was early for my time in terms of public awareness, but I never spoke against Cavill or Ben, or anybody for that matter. Maybe only Jesse Eisenberg as Lex, but I wasn't really sold on that casting after seeing the film.

For me, the criticism has nothing to do with accuracy or expectation. The final outcome just looks like ****. lol.

but even as far as expectations go. They had an opportunity to do something great. Regardless of accuracy or intention.

20240507_191421.jpg
20240507_191408.jpg
20240507_192518.jpg

Last edited:
I have known those who wore Superman T shirts although I saw different words. Today we live in a world which for many is more overt than ever when in fact we should seek a more covert approach. Yes I know, what the hell is he going on about, call it therapy and as Scott Glenn recently said breath using the diaphragm.

Heck I feel super already.
d7130847-5a1f-4647-9c76-1bc26fc85583_text.gif

This one?View attachment 701635

View attachment 701636
and this one?

As I recall people were pretty much split on the MoS suit ditching the trunks but that never became a big issue because Cavill was just so much more ripped and super looking than Brandon Routh ever was in the suit. I thought the BvS & JL suits went overboard with the fake muscles but the MoS suit got that right.

There's so much wrong with the photo that it makes me wonder if James Gunn is a good fit to be handling this film.

Aside from the suit, which it's a mixture of the new 52 suit and the classic costume, it's the message they're trying to send, but failed to accomplish that bothers me.

I think by having him look "tired", beat up, and putting his boots one at a time like he's a regular person going to work, it's a way to move away from Snyder's Jesus/ godlike Superman, and that's a good thing. However, you don't add a huge alien attack on metropolis in the background because it overshadows the message they're trying to get across. It makes it look like there's no urgency and like he doesn't care.

This fan art, besides from having the perfect Superman suit, it does a better job at showing Superman getting ready for work. He's even smiling.

1715100756575.png

Last edited:
Back