Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny, Stamp's Zod is iconic as hell and one of my all-time favorite movie villains... but when I watch those movies now I'm struck by the fact he's not really the brightest or most sophisticated villain (especially with how easily he's duped by Superman at the end). And he basically comes across as just a simple thug with a cool English accent.

I do love how utterly bored he looks with everything through the entire movie though. 😄

I respect your point of view but I still think saving Pa Kent would have been the better call. It's not like Jonathan & Martha wouldn't have also taught Clark to value human life above all else so I think he'd have weighed that against his "programming". If he was found out he still could have left Smallville and wandered the Earth performing miraculous deeds like he did a few years later, only this time without the emotional baggage & guilt over letting his father die. And I think it actually would have lent more impact to Clark's being anguished over killing Zod if he'd saved Jonathan rather than allowing him to die.
I think the way Nolan and Goyer looked at it was the real world is cynical and he would have ended up in a prison, like Supergirl in The Flash or just a teenage super tyrant. When it comes to protecting your child it trumps pretty much anything else.

Your way isn't without its merit and I understand why people don't like the way it unfolded. I wasn't keen at first but the more I thought about it, especially in relation to me being a father, the more I liked it.

It looks like in the new one Jonathan might still be alive.

GNNVg2kXcAA2uPn.jpeg

I’m having a chuckle at the memes, because the choice to reveal the suit in such a way is so strange. It’s so low budget and bizarre.

I just can’t get excited about this movie. I don’t want something that goes hard with nostalgia for the classical comic book Superman tropes which I think why Man of Steel resonated with me so much. I think Gunn is not only going to do that with tons of fan service, but he’s also going to poke fun at it. It’s just not something that interests me. I’m trying to think of a director that I’d want to see make a Superman film other than Snyder, but it definitely isn’t James Gunn.

(Note: I love GotG though!)

Last edited:
So that means Peter Parker and Bruce Wayne are overall smarter and better then I guess cause during there first weeks in the game they managed to stop there criminals and the villian would either die by his own hand and there would be little damage.
One was a teen by the way who can’t do half of what Superman does and one is just a man in a tight rodent suit 😂
Meanwhile mos supes destroyed half the city killing millions and breaks the kneck of his villain cause he didn’t know what to do and was too dumb to figure it out.

Also I find it hilarious that he drew the line at that family about to be killed by the lasers but destroying an entire city killing thousands while fighting zodd was no big deal. Kinda just let all those people get smashed by that huge building but lazer eyes is to far 😂.
Excuse moi, Destroying an entire city killing thousand while fighting Zod? What movie are you watching, seriously? I find this ole standard narrative myth that was being thrown to those who (unfounded and unreasonable) hating the movie for the sake of hating the movie (or it's director, for whatever the reason). I wish you're one of the honest guy who judge fairly though.

If you're done with the hating and spewing and you might considered re-asses your opinion, these channel was to counter the unfair rhetoric thrown at the movie, which is indirectly thrown at Nolan and Goyer and Snyder while at it, like they are all amateur and stupid persons. It wasn't necessary though for those who clearly paying attention but maybe you can find some answers that bugs and overlooked by you.

Secondly, how is exactly Supes is the weakest and stupid, and was it that hurt to fathom when clearly, the context here is: the priority is about saving the uber frightened family, and his grip on Zod is slipping (yes, Zod is as strong as Supes mind you), yet Zod didn't adhere Supes plea and he deliberately making Supes choose the hard way: his last kin or the adopted world. Time is running out, the beam was almost obliterate the family.

Last edited:
I’m having a chuckle at the memes, because the choice to reveal the suit in such a way is so strange. It’s so low budget and bizarre.

I just can’t get excited about this movie. I don’t want something that goes hard with nostalgia for the classical comic book Superman tropes which I think why Man of Steel resonated with me so much. I think Gunn is not only going to do that with tons of fan service, but he’s also going to poke fun at it. It’s just not something that interests me. I’m trying to think of a director that I’d want to see make a Superman film other than Snyder, but it definitely isn’t James Gunn.

(Note: I love GotG though!)
Yeah I kinda worry this is going to make the same mistake Superman Returns did with the heavily nostalgic, romanticized tone, and trying too hard to recapture the spirit of the Reeve films. I loved that take at the time, but it hasn't aged very well and I greatly prefer the more grounded and gritty style of MOS now.

Excuse moi, Destroying an entire city killing thousand while fighting Zod? What movie are you watching, seriously? I find this ole standard narrative myth that was being thrown to those who (unfounded and unreasonable) hating the movie for the sake of hating the movie (or it's director, for whatever the reason). I wish you're one of the honest guy who judge fairly though.

If you're done with the hating and spewing and you might considered re-asses your opinion, these channel was to counter the unfair rhetoric thrown at the movie, which is indirectly thrown at Nolan and Goyer and Snyder while at it, like they are all amateur and stupid persons. It wasn't necessary though for those who clearly paying attention but maybe you can find some answers that bugs and overlooked by you.

Secondly, how is exactly Supes is the weakest and stupid, and was it that hurt to fathom when clearly, the context here is: the priority is about saving the uber frightened family, and his grip on Zod is slipping (yes, Zod is as strong as Supes mind you), yet Zod didn't adhere Supes plea and he deliberately making Supes choose the hard way: his last kin or the adopted world. Time is running out, the beam was almost obliterate the family.

Bro a whole building literally falls on an entire crowd of people are you watching the video or? And yea he’s pretty freaking weak. Instead of knocking him out or beating him he just kills him. Also again it’s funny how he ignores all the chias he causes but the family is the one that draws the line. So yes he’s kinda dumb

And hating the movie for the sake of hating huh? Please stop all that nonsense. I like how when it comes to these movies people can’t just like them cause they think they are bad movies they have to be a hater. Please sit down with that 😂

How did we even get to mos in this convo anyway?

Last edited:
If I recall correctly the monument at Heroes’ Square in Metropolis that commemorates the Black Zero event has approximately 3000 names of victims on those black monoliths behind the Superman statue. We see at the start of the Superman-Zod fight that there’s obviously huge devastation at ground zero where the World Engine was creating its gravitational pulse. You can see people that were on the street nearby being lifted up in the gravity waves and presumably splatted back down.

Superman was on the other side of the planet in the Indian Ocean when all that was going on. Wayne Tower was evacuated except for “Jack,” the exec that apparently decides to stay like a captain going down with his ship.

There were also presumably many deaths caused by the scout ship cutting through buildings before it crashed. I think at that time Superman is choosing to rescue Lois, though.

Bro a whole building literally falls on an entire crowd of people are you watching the video or? And yea he’s pretty freaking weak. Instead of knocking him out or beating him he just kills him. Also again it’s funny how he ignores all the chias he causes but the family is the one that draws the line. So yes he’s kinda dumb

And hating the movie for the sake of hating huh? Please stop all that nonsense. I like how when it comes to these movies people can’t just like them cause they think they are bad movies they have to be a hater. Please sit down with that 😂

How did we even get to mos in this convo anyway?
The building falls because Zod suddenly turns his heat vision on for the first time and it starts collapsing around them. That isn't caused by Superman.

You say he ignores the chaos but his options are to stop Zod as soon as possible or more will perish.

We just saw them both smash through multiple buildings. Take vehicles to the head. Thrown into space and through satellites. How is he supposed to knock him out?

Being inexperienced in your first week isn't the same as being weak.

If you don't want to look like you are standing on the "I'm not a hater" hill you could do with being more in tune with what actually happened.
You say it's bad and then recount it like you heard it 4th hand. Has it been a long time since you watched it or you weren't taking a lot of notice when you did?

The building falls because Zod suddenly turns his heat vision on for the first time and it starts collapsing around them. That isn't caused by Superman.

You say he ignores the chaos but his options are to stop Zod as soon as possible or more will perish.

We just saw them both smash through multiple buildings. Take vehicles to the head. Thrown into space and through satellites. How is he supposed to knock him out?

Being inexperienced in your first week isn't the same as being weak.

If you don't want to look like you are standing on the "I'm not a hater" hill you could do with being more in tune with what actually happened.
You say it's bad and then recount it like you heard it 4th hand. Has it been a long time since you watched it or you weren't taking a lot of notice when you did?
lol buddy it still happened. A whole building falls on thousand of people Superman did nothing I love how you were blaming Batman for smashing the glass and possibly hurting people but Superman can get a pass by literally smashing through building and blowing stuff up in an over populated city. The bias is insane 😂. Again Spider-Man in his first week proved to be more competent than Superman and he was a teen 😂
He can’t think of another way to stop zodd other then kill him? Some hero.

I’ve seen the movie and thought it sucked whst more do u want 😂. Also stop with the hater nonsense. You’re in the Gunn Superman thread. Practice whet you preach. You aren’t gonna watch the movie nor will you like it so idk why your hear 😂. To hate on the suit? O man that’s a little funny considering how you told people to stop bashing on rebel moon and if we don’t like it we should not comment. But like I said go off. So I don’t want to hear any more whining in the rebel moon thread about me being there from you 😝

Last edited:
lol buddy it still happened. A whole building falls on thousand of people Superman did nothing I love how you were blaming Batman for smashing the glass and possibly hurting people but Superman can get a pass by literally smashing through building and blowing stuff up in an over populated city. The bias is insane 😂. Again Spider-Man in his first week proved to be more competent than Superman and he was a teen 😂
He can’t think of another way to stop zodd other then kill him? Some hero.

I’ve seen the movie and thought it sucked whst more do u want 😂. Also stop with the hater nonsense. You’re in the Gunn Superman thread. Practice whet you preach. You aren’t gonna watch the movie nor will you like it so idk why your hear 😂. To hate on the suit? O man that’s a little funny considering how you told people to stop bashing on rebel moon and if we don’t like it we should not comment. But like I said go off. So I don’t want to hear any more whining in the rebel moon thread about me being there from you 😝
I think you and I should stop talking to each other about these subjects for the sake of everyone else.

After seeing a lot of backlash online, I came here to see what people thought of the suit. Once people started posting memes, I did too. I ended up staying because I enjoyed the debate over live-action Superman and some funny moments. I'm pretty sure I haven't said anything regarding the suit. I thought I'd kept my thoughts on Gunn out of it unless specifically asked (by you).

I think you and I should stop talking to each other about these subjects for the sake of everyone else.

After seeing a lot of backlash online, I came here to see what people thought of the suit. Once people started posting memes, I did too. I ended up staying because I enjoyed the debate over live-action Superman and some funny moments. I'm pretty sure I haven't said anything regarding the suit. I thought I'd kept my thoughts on Gunn out of it unless specifically asked (by you).
I didn’t ask you bout the suit but again you started debating to me about mos. I was just pointing out an observation ☺️. You can post memes here and so can people in the rebel moon thread lol.

Last edited:
I didn’t ask you bout the suit but again you started debating to me about mos. I was just pointing out an observation ☺️. You can post memes here and so can people in the rebel moon thread lol.
You seem to be missing my point but no worries all good! (y)

I've lost all my enthusiasm since seeing that fugly suit.
I’m not a fan of the suit either, but I think there may be more than one. This could be the “homemade” or Ma-Kent suit. The emblem looks a tad different than the first image we got a while back.

I just really hope this turns out OK at best. I’m not a huge Supes fan but this will be a glimpse in the tone of future DC flicks.

Back