SW VS. LOTR #8: Grievous VS. Gothmog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grievous VS. Gothmog

• General Grievous

Votes: 59 64.8%
  • Gothmog

Votes: 32 35.2%

• Total voters
I like both equally, and my votes have reflected this. I have to vote grievous; he's got 4 lightsabers and is incredibly lithe and nimble, while Gothmog is ruthless, but sluggish. In a fight Gothmog really wouldn't last long against Grievous, and for design, Grievous really is a remarkable concept. Grievous.

Darth Loki said:
Is it just me or are LOTR fans primarily voting for the Gothmog and SW fans Grievous?

Never would've expected that to happen :rolleyes:
Return of the King is my favorite film in the history of cinema. And I voted Grievous.

I have to go with Grievous.... Gothmog was ruthless yes, but really he was barely there IMO. ROTK is my favorite movie ever and seriously... Gothmog was just there to give the audience someone to want beheaded later, as there was really no big baddie in that battle until the Witch King shows up.

Grievous at least had an angle and the design was top notch. He didn't have much story but his presence was good enough. Besides, any character to have 4 sabers going at once is an instant classic in my eyes...

I only wish he would have been as badass as the Clone Wars version of Grievous.... he was terrifying in that cartoon.

I have never before in any of the polls seriously considered the Star Wars character.

Gen. Grievous easily for me on this one. 4 lightsabers vs. 1 arm? No contest. :emperor

Gothmog was never a favorite of mine, and I sure wish that instead of his
ugly butt on the Warg, that Sideshow had done Sharku or the leather-helmed
orc riding at full gallop. That would've been a standout for my collection.

I still have my Attakus Grievous statue, as it is just too great NOT to have.
I had Sideshow's as well, but it was just too BIG for me to display! :monkey2

JS :)

I also have to go with Grievous here. The four sabers just pretty much do Gothmog in.

Also - if it's the Grievous from the Clone Wars cartoon - then it really is no contest! :emperor

This thread explains why I passed on the Grievous PF from Sideshow. Good character...just not in the movies.

That said I voted Grievous because it's the less worse of the two.

Darth Loki said:
Is it just me or are LOTR fans primarily voting for the Gothmog and SW fans Grievous?

Never would've expected that to happen :rolleyes:

I am a 100% Star Wars fan boy but I have voted for LOTR 4 times so far.

Back