The Avengers VS The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the better movie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny that after 3 years of listening to "TDK is the greatest comic book movie ever" now suddenly it shouldn't be compared to other comic book movies. :lol

If it has comic book characters it's a comic book movie. :lecture

The question in the first post is:

"Which is better movie?" not comic book movie!

So 19 should learn to read :D

Avengers by a mile for me.

It's funny that after 3 years of listening to "TDK is the greatest comic book movie ever" now suddenly it shouldn't be compared to other comic book movies. :lol

If you want to include it in the realm of comic book movies then for me it obliterates Avengers :dunno

How was it stupid?

Phantom Menace = Anakin destroys control ship and robots instantly stopped, heroes win.

Avengers = Iron Man destroys control ship and robots instantly stopped, heroes win.

Or are you refering to Hawkeye, Black Widow and Fury?

Yea, Fury wasn't that bad but the other two are pointless in a movie like this. BW super power is a pair of Glock 9mms and hawtness. Hawkeye has super powers untill he runs out of arrows. :lol

BW got Loki to reveal his plan to use the Hulk, she got Hawkeye back on track and was a useful member of the team. You don't have to have super powers to be useful since only Thor and Hulk have powers.

Hawkeye was underdeveloped, but that was to be expected with the number of characters involved.

BW got Loki to reveal his plan to use the Hulk, she got Hawkeye back on track and was a useful member of the team. You don't have to have super powers to be useful since only Thor and Hulk have powers.

Hawkeye was underdeveloped, but that was to be expected with the number of characters involved.

She also got Bruce to come in peacefully, but of course if I was in his position I would've been hypnotized by her boobies too. Hawkeye was cool IMO, he did his part at the end. He might've produced more for the team if he wasn't a bad guy for most of his screen time. Hopefully we can see more of his spy skills in upcoming movies.

If Heath Ledger was not cast as the Joker I don't even know if this would be a discussion. He made TDK what it was with a brilliant performance. If you remove him from the equation, I don't think you can say Christian Bale could have carried the movie.

On the flip side of things, if you were to remove one or two of the main characters there is still plenty left over to make the movie great. Maybe I'm just on an avengers high, but right now I think it was a more enjoyable movie overall.

With that said, it is really tough to compare a drama VS a 75% action 25% comedy flick.

Not letting external factors influence your decision then :lol

I don't need to, but they sure as ____ didn't help matters. We've already discussed this to novella proportions over IM. :lol As it stands, TDK was too convoluted, having recycled Scarecrow (which was dumb), and having included a major villain who was only there as a plot point, but exploiting him in far too many scenes as well as the disgustingly huge marketing campaign for him, downplaying the fact that the story was about Dent. It's hilarious how this gets ignored by the Nolancompoops when Spider-Man 3 gets dragged over the coals for essentially doing the same thing. :lol

If Heath Ledger was not cast as the Joker I don't even know if this would be a discussion. He made TDK what it was with a brilliant performance. If you remove him from the equation, I don't think you can say Christian Bale could have carried the movie

I don't know if thats true. Did not we have Batman Begins which was very much Bale. No one came away from that one saying 'Neeson stole the show' and on the back of that film people wanted to see more of Bale's Batman.

I don't know if thats true. Did not we have Batman Begins which was very much Bale. No one came away from that one saying 'Neeson stole the show' and on the back of that film people wanted to see more of Bale's Batman.

I agree. And Avengers narrowly pushes out BB as the best comic book movie so far. But the pole's not about BB, it's about TDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back