The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every recent Hot Toys Batman just looks underwhelming to me at this stage. Why would I order this when I know InArt will make a far superior figure?

I know it's gonna be a long wait for anything InArt but I'm fine waiting when we get a more accurate figure at the end of it all. Pattinson Batman, case in point.

“Furthermore, the figure also features a newly developed Batman cowled head with separate rolling eyeballs”

So we at least get pers.
Thanks for the clarification. Outside the one mention which I missed, I found no indication of that. But it's good to know.

Last edited:
I suppose, nobody could have expected something better out of Hot Toys. They certainly were never going to beat OT's sculpt, but the improvements to the details and proportions alone are nice to see.

The misses on the cowl are unfortunate. Some things did improve, and I like the squinted eyes over the usual approach, but there are also some changes I don't like.

There's value in the set. But there's no way to display the suited figure without leaving an empty armory (which also takes up a lot of real estate), and no way to use the sculpt without leaving a headless Bruce Wayne. The armory can be salvaged for those who have a DX19 body and are looking to jump the fence for an upgrade. But unless you're interested in both the Armory and the Bruce Wayne statue, it's probably better to wait for Inart's.

Inart sure are taking their sweet ass time though. lol.

Aybaig did say there was another Bale and Keaton coming down the line soon and his sources have been right every single time (BvS regular and armored).

It would be in bad taste for it to be another TDK/TDKR version, but it wouldn’t surprise me. For as ugly and terribly designed as that suit is, their internal metrics probably show that it’s a way better seller for whatever reason. So at the end of the day, they’re not really picking it, the customers and fan base are. The next one will be just a little different to get the crazies to spring for that one.

I remember back when the only options for a 1:6 Bale Batman were the Hot Toys MMS13, the Takara and the MMS67 Original costume (all three obviously being Begins suits) there really wasn’t a lot of customizing going on outside of stuffing the suits with padding and cotton. My Takara and MMS67 still have the cotton balls in their chests, shoulders and biceps. :lol

It wasn’t until TDK with the new suit and Joker that this **** really blew up. Thats when the hype and obsession reached critical mass. MMS67 and MMS71, compacted with the unveiling of the DX figures was the start of the obsession of bettering Joker and TDK Batman and it really hasn’t ended since. Makes me wonder how different things would have been had they actually designed a brand new suit for Batman in TDKR instead of dusting off the 2008 one. The merchandise and sales would have been radically different.

As nice as it would be for the next one to be a proper, all new Begins Batman, I think there’s a reason they halfassed the 595 as much as they did. It just doesn’t sell like the others. It’s like how every company neglects to do the Panther Kilmer suit from Forever other than Prime 1. The market doesn’t know there’s a desire or demand for it because it hasn’t been tested yet. It’s always just the armored Sonar Suit.
The Takara figure was what got me interested in 1/6 scale figures from way back in the day and then to discover hot toys a few years later. With each release hot toys seems to do some minor adjustments, remember for the DX 12 the bat emblem on the chest plate was sort of crooked? and they didn't bother to change it with the TDK armory figure and only changed it on the DX 19 which is annoying. IMO this updated cowl looks pretty good and i get why some people are displeased with it. I do hope we get another Bale figure and a proper begins figure at that but it will probably be another TDK suit or whatever.

-Reposting the summary as well as the hi-res pics so it's all in one place-

[Update on Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne 1/6th scale Collectible Set]
Hot Toys team has dedicated significant effort and closely examined scenes from "The Dark Knight Rises" to ensure the final product of Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne 1/6th scale Collectible Set (MMS702) captures a faithful representation of Batman and his enduring suit, with attention extending to even the smallest design elements and proportions.

These enhancements include more intricate armor detailing, improved accuracy in the cowl, around the neck, and Batsuit design, adding depth to showcase the passion of this creation.

Also, the refined sculpting of the facial expression, hair, and skin detail imbues the Bruce Wayne figure with a heightened sense of realism and true-to-life authenticity.

Here’re the close-ups for the FIRSTLY UNVEILED MASKED HEAD, the refined Bruce Wayne head sculpt, also a more precise look and feel for the suit!

MMS702 Batman Update (8).jpg

MMS702 Batman Update (6).jpg

MMS702 Batman Update (3).jpg

MMS702 Batman Update (1).jpg

MMS702 Batman Update (10).jpg

MMS702 Batman Update (5).jpg

MMS702 Batman Update (2).jpg

MMS702 Batman Update (7).jpg

MMS702 Batman Update (4).jpg

MMS702 Batman Update (9).jpg

Hot Toys team has dedicated significant effort and closely examined scenes from "The Dark Knight Rises" to ensure the final product of Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne 1/6th scale Collectible Set (MMS702) captures a faithful representation of Batman and his enduring suit, with attention extending to even the smallest design elements and proportions.

These enhancements include more intricate armor detailing, improved accuracy in the cowl, around the neck, and Batsuit design, adding depth to showcase the passion of this creation.

Also, the refined sculpting of the facial expression, hair, and skin detail imbues the Bruce Wayne figure with a heightened sense of realism and true-to-life authenticity.

Here’re the close-ups for the FIRSTLY UNVEILED MASKED HEAD, the refined Bruce Wayne head sculpt, also a more precise look and feel for the suit!

View attachment 703329

View attachment 703330

View attachment 703331

View attachment 703332

View attachment 703333

View attachment 703334

View attachment 703335

View attachment 703336

View attachment 703337

View attachment 703338
Thanks for the HD photos. Was hoping to take a better look.

So we're really not getting any other mouthplates huh.... guess that's for their 4th DX release with artisan Wayne.

Suit looks pretty good tbh, could still fix some things like the bicep armor still being too high.... but the cowl and that mouthplate is throwing me off the most.

Last edited:
To me it Looks pretty cool if you don't have a batbale, the updates are basically the OT custom parts and a fantastic Wayne sculpt (I think this time it looks like the actor) but I'll wait for Inart '.... Well probably I'll be on the hunt for that Bale sculpt 😌

View attachment 703329

View attachment 703330

View attachment 703331

View attachment 703332

View attachment 703333

View attachment 703334

View attachment 703335

View attachment 703336

View attachment 703337

View attachment 703338
Skin texture looks incredible, hope final product will be as good.

This popped up on OSR FB group 😂😂

IMG_2494.jpeg

Don’t worry, HT will most definitely probably theoretically MAYBE have the definitive version of this Batman…once they revisit him 2 more times…then! THEN, he’ll look perfect!

This popped up on OSR FB group 😂😂

View attachment 703386

Don’t worry, HT will most definitely probably theoretically MAYBE have the definitive version of this Batman…once they revisit him 2 more times…then! THEN, he’ll look perfect!
Only 2 more times? Hell, when my kids are dead of old age hot toys will still not have this suit accurate to the movies. And I’m 30 years old and I don’t have any kids 🤣

Back