The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else think that this might be a look at where the film ends, Thorin is wearing a new armoured outfit that seems rather regal, maybe after they drive Smaug out/Smaug flies off to laketown the Dwarves will retrieve new armour from Erebor before the battle of the five armies.

10nt7x3.jpg

It's a fantastic costume regardless of where it fits in.

My King under the mountain. :sigh:

I thoroughly enjoyed the first movie. This trailer is fantastic and I can't wait to watch it in the theaters - however, I'm a little concerned about how much liberty has been taken by Jackson & Co. in adapting this to a movie.

I have complete faith in him. He has to add to the movie because it's such a simply, fast read. The dragon scenes alone would be very short if they were strictly done to the book.

I have complete faith in him. He has to add to the movie because it's such a simply, fast read. The dragon scenes alone would be very short if they were strictly done to the book.

I have no problem with him stretching some scenes out, but tossing in a love interest for Legolas, having the elves involved with the spiders and others is leaving me hoping he pulls it off.

If anyone can do it, PJ can. Just explain it and make it fit is all I ask.

I have no problem with him stretching some scenes out, but tossing in a love interest for Legolas, having the elves involved with the spiders and others is leaving me hoping he pulls it off.

If anyone can do it, PJ can. Just explain it and make it fit is all I ask.

I don't think she's going to be a love interest. I think that scene is going to be dealing with not getting involved with Middle-earth's business.

Thrilled with what I see, but mostly hear from the trailer; that last little bit of diologue from Smaug was incredible! :yess:

I will admit to being a bit let down by AUJ, probably because I didn't care for the higher frames per second bit; but the CG wasn't up to par in a few parts and some other minor nits (Radagast, Goblin King, etc).

This new trailer however, really stoked the flame!

This one should get a slightly warmer reception now that all the frame rate bs has been covered to death with the first movie.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

This one should get a slightly warmer reception now that all the frame rate bs has been covered to death with the first movie.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

I think that's pretty spot on as well.

Back