The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm, not getting the cheesy angle. Thought it was a pretty brutal way to go. As for his decapitated head, willing to bet in episode 9 that they show someone put it down and not leave him like that.

I thought that women looked familiar. Too bad that Lilly chick didn't let the governor get eaten alive by walkers like he should've . That would've been justice, can't believe some of you were actually fans of the governor. It was crazy that those little girls offed those 2 baddies,.

That was one of my favorite parts of the episode. I didn't think they would ever be able to do anything like that. it was really cool. (specially because they saved Tyreese)

Gov tells em they are liars and overran the last town, took his eye, killed his child. They have no reason to doubt that and Rick reinforces the idea that indeed they have met before which only gives his army more reason to believe Rick did do that stuff. Rick also wants their weapons. Lay down your guns and you can come in. Context is very important and all these people know is this is their 3rd leader in a week and they definately don't have the safety of fences like Rick's group.

They are desperate, they have a tank and the numbers, the few who do doubt him are drowned out by the bigger 300 pound guys with automatic rifles. Tara did the only smart thing/other option and ran. And now what? She's probably alone, without her sister, her niece or her girlfriend.

Boy, the Governor couldn't have lucked onto a more mindless group of followers. He hacks a defenseless old man's head off with a sword and nobody says a word, and then they keep fighting even though the prison is wrecked and there's nothing for them to keep fighting for. That bunch of morons certainly deserved their fate. I mean, they knew the guy for like all of a week! :cuckoo:

it still doesn't make sense that they will destroy the prison and keep fighting. I mean the only reason they were there was to be able to live there. Once the gates and the prison were destroyed what was the point of keep going on with the fight?
They could have kept shooting to defend themselves, but they didn't have to continue going into the prison,
It just didn't make much sense, They needed the prison and they needed to kill the people shooting at them, so why blow up everything.

I wonder why Michonne didn't stay with Rick while he was looking for Carl? She either went after her horse or found Lilly and/or Tara. Obviously she had some other business to attend to, which seemed strange as they were hinting at a much closer bond between Rick, Carl and Michonne in earlier episodes this season. I predict that Tyreses and the kids will run into Carol before anyone else. That would set up some interesting character interaction.

That was one of my favorite parts of the episode. I didn't think they would ever be able to do anything like that. it was really cool. (specially because they saved Tyreese)

it still doesn't make sense that they will destroy the prison and keep fighting. I mean the only reason they were there was to be able to live there. Once the gates and the prison were destroyed what was the point of keep going on with the fight?
They could have kept shooting to defend themselves, but they didn't have to continue going into the prison,
It just didn't make much sense, They needed the prison and they needed to kill the people shooting at them, so why blow up everything.

Didn't make any sense whatsoever to fire the cannon into the prison and not into the people :huh

I didn't like the way Hershel was offed. Kind of cheesy, for me it kind of ruined any tension there was. I don't know, Michonne's sword would be capable of cutting it off.

I wish he stabbed him first or something, that looked kind of weird

Michonne cuts zombies in half with it. I don't think the neck of a old man would be any different.

And it did take a couple chops......

And wasn't cheesy at all.

Didn't make any sense whatsoever to fire the cannon into the prison and not into the people :huh

Govy had no intention of taking the prison, just killing the inhabitants.

Hm, not getting the cheesy angle. Thought it was a pretty brutal way to go. As for his decapitated head, willing to bet in episode 9 that they show someone put it down and not leave him like that.

to me it felt cheesy that he didn't cut off the head completely. that sword is more than capable. It's not that the beheading itself was cheesy for me, but it looked cheesy at first.

Since they did not want to cut his head off completely so that the Governor would do it later more brutally, I wish they had the governor stab Hershel in the neck first or stab him in the chest or something instead of cutting into his neck like that.
I just really didn't like the way that first cut looked, it looked silly to me.

to me it felt cheesy that he didn't cut off the head completely. that sword is more than capable. It's not that the beheading itself was cheesy for me, but it looked cheesy at first.

Since they did not want to cut his head off completely so that the Governor would do it later more brutally, I wish they had the governor stab Hershel in the neck first or stab him in the chest or something instead of cutting into his neck like that.

I don't see it being cheesy. I actually hated that he didn't die immediately and he was suffering. Isn't like the Governor is a swordsmen anyway.

It's not that the sword couldn't have done it but that it was a poorly swung slice. If you look at where his neck was cut it was to the right of the esophagus. If it was a good square cut the slice would have been the whole way across the throat.

When the one girl started talking to the other girls that they should stand up, I started rolling my eyes and started to wonder what dumb thing they'd get into to cause someone else to die, but was pleasantly surprised.

Carol would've been proud.

Yes! Great way to end the mid-season!

- I agree Hersal got it because he was a peace keeper... would have more impact with the threat. The Gov snapped when Rick did not agree to the threat. Hersal seemed to know it was his time and Rick did what Hersal would have done.

- No body in the Apocalypse can shot worth a darn! :lol ...but this is just being picky.
You would be astounded to know the hit ratio versus bullets shot in actual war. The actual figures are hard to pinpoint but it's said Thousands of rounds are shot per enemy killed and that is by trained soldiers. The exception to this rule is snipers whose kill ratio per ammo used is much higher which is why
Spoiler Spoiler:
You take a bunch of civilians in a scenario like TWD and I don't find it hard to believe at all. Now head shots of zombies at 50 yards with a handgun are hardly believable but that's just Hollywood.\

ETA Gun play in movies is hardly ever accurate and quite humorous sometimes. It's been that way since black and white westerns so I see no reason to get upset by it. Just enjoy things for what they are.

Last edited:
Great way to end this first half of the season. Sad to see Hershel go, but I figured his time was about up. I don't think I've ever yelled at my tv quite as much as I have while watching this episode.

You would be astounded to know the hit ratio versus bullets shot in actual war. The actual figures are hard to pinpoint but it's said Thousands of rounds are shot per enemy killed and that is by trained soldiers. You take a bunch of civilians in a scenario like TWD and I don't find it hard to believe at all. Now head shots of zombies at 50 yards with a handgun are hardly believable but that's just Hollywood.\

ETA Gun play in movies is hardly ever accurate and quite humorous sometimes. It's been that way since black and white westerns so I see no reason to get upset by it. Just enjoy things for what they are.

Especially when you're using your non-dominant eye. When I saw the Gov do that I'm like "get real."

Back