This guy on eBay is a joke...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigsaw.96

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I bet you're wondering where I am, I'll tell you w
Ok so this is what happened, I bought a Grandma's Boy poster on eBay, I won the auction for $2.75 and paid $11.00 for shipping. Yep I paid way too much for shipping but I knew it was worth it because the poster isn't real easy to find and it came from the theater. So I at least expected this guy to pack it good...well guess what....It came damaged. It was shipped on a tube that had no caps on the ends, instead it had the priority stickers covering the ends (the ends were also caved in) which damaged the poster. So I e-mail the guy and tell him the situation and ask if I could get some kind of refund. After going back and forth and hearing his excuses I told him just to send me $7.00 which is about half of the total. So a few days go by and I don't get a reply from him. But today I checked my feedback and this is what I see with his negative feedback that he gives me: "idiot offers payment with his mothers sexual favors! get a life weirdo!"
And I'm thinking what is this guy 12? So now I have 1 negative and 120 positive. I also noticed that he's no longer a registered user, I'm wondering if he got banned. The thing that's so weird is that before this incident his feedback was good so I had no reason to doubt anything.
So what do you guys think I should do? Is there any way I could report him or anything? I'm just pissed that this little wanker thinks he's a tough guy behind the safety of his computer and I think he needs to get what he deserves.

First, contact eBay and explain the situation and ask them to take down that feedback. They should be willing to remove it since it contains inappropriate sexual comments. But as for a refund, it sounds like the jerk is long gone. Sorry about this experience!

tomandshell said:
First, contact eBay and explain the situation and ask them to take down that feedback. They should be willing to remove it since it contains inappropriate ual comments. But as for a refund, it sounds like the jerk is long gone. Sorry about this experience!

They should be able to remove that feedback no problem, fortunately (I suppose) he did use abusive language. Ask that eBay remove it.

Yeah, like has been said before sounds like the feedback goes against their offensive policy so they should remove it. As far as him no longer being registered, I'm sure that was voluntary so you couldn't leave him a negative.

What a jerk... sucks how every so often you get a crazy on eBay like that. Should be no problem to get it removed like everyone else said.

Just read your story : how frustrating can it be?

Keep calm and contact eBay.
They will help you.

The seller has given you negative feedback on purpose (prove is his offensive remarque), but what when someone gives neagtive feedback by clicking a wrong button?

Really hope all ends well.

Kind regards,

Jan ;-)

You are lucky that the idiot used foul language, so Ebay is forced to remove the feedback (I think). But other than that expect no help from the Ebay clan.

Like everyone has said just contact ebay. Do you have a link by chance?

Like Oxbeard said, He probably unregistered himself to advoid negative feedback. Though, he can reregister his name later on, which he will probably do.

Well I just got an e-mail back from eBay and this what it said....

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your Feedback concerns.

In some cases, we can remove Feedback, but only if the comment meets the
requirements for removal under our Feedback Abuse, Withdrawal & Removal
policy. We've reviewed the Feedback that you asked about and determined
that it doesn't meet the removal requirement as outlined in the policy.

eBay users should exercise caution and good judgment when leaving
Feedback for another user. Your comment will be a permanent part of that
user's record, and you are responsible for the words used on our site.

Feedback that contains profane, vulgar, obscene and racist language, or
adult material, will be removed. However, inflammatory language--such as
the words "liar," "cheat," and "racist"--though discouraged, is not a
violation.

For more information on the eBay Feedback Abuse, Withdrawal and Removal
policy, go to:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-abuse-withdrawal.html

Although we can't change or remove this Feedback, you may be able to
withdraw the Feedback rating using our Mutual Feedback Rating Withdrawal
process or a dispute resolution service such as SquareTrade.

To learn more about these options and other suggestions for resolving
Feedback disputes, go to:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/feedback-disputes.html

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Leta
eBay Customer Support

I guess accusing me of whoring my mom isn't bad enough for eBay and the fact that he left me a negative just to push my buttons.

Send em another email this time telling them you own stock and you that feedback is very vulgar and insults your religon.

Tell them those comments are slanderous and you will consider contacting your attorney to have them removed. I know it's a stretch and they'll call you on your bluff but what do you have to lose?

Also if all else fails, just tell them what AA said. :rotfl

I would definitely send them another email and just ask them point blank what is not vulgar about being accused of "whoring out your mom"

I had an incident a few years back where I left a neutral feedback for a seller and he emailed me saying if I didn't go back and leave a positive feedback for him that he would leave me a negative. Of course this is against eBay's rules so I emailed them. I basically got a response saying that it didn't violate their rules, yadda, yadda. So ended up emailing them 3 times quoting their rules and spelling out how this guys actions violated those rules about strongarm tactics. Finally after the third email they saw it my way and issued the seller a warning and I never heard from him again.

Be persistant!!!

oxbeard said:
... Be persistant!!!
I tried that. I once got cheated by an Ebay seller. I filed a claim. All I got from Ebay was a confirmation that they had received the claim. I mailed them several times after to see if there was any progress in the case, never heard of them again. Never. Got a negative feedback from the seller too, for giving him a negative feedback. End of story. Ebay sucks. Still... don't give up!

Back