Statue Weta's Strider Mini-Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
New Strider Mini-Statue from Weta. $75 and it looks pretty damn good.

Strider.jpg

That is really cool! Thanks for posting the picture, as that is a great pose and great look for Strider. Very evocative of the book too, as that scene from the Prancing Pony is absolutely riveting the first time through. You might not even know if he is one of the nine riders chasing Frodo at that point in the story, as his ragged dress and shadowed appearance hide his true heritage. Well done Weta!!!

Yeah, its a great looking statue. I love that they went with this as you said being the first time we see him in the story and don't know much about him yet. It captures that moment perfectly and will look great with the other two mini statues.

Wow! Beautiful! These smaller Weta statues are all very good looking and affordable.

That's a great looking statue. Hmmm, I have enough weta dollars to get this for free, maybe I will pull the trigger.

So the mini line is basicly a "sitting-line", could be boring with all characters, but for Strider it's perfect.

Guys, how do you think this line will continue.
I guess it's much likely that we will see Bilbo, Gimli and Merry & Pippin in a simular smoking/sitting pose.
But what about the other characters?

Looks good. This seems to be becoming the Lord Of The Rings: "Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em" line. :lol Too bad poor Gollum doesn't have a pipe.

Anyway, getting back to Strider - I know Weta is probably trying to keep the prices on this line resonable (which I definitely appreciate) but I wish He had a table with the beer tankard on it in front of him. Right now he looks kind of like a hobo on a park bench. That is the only small nit-pick I have, it otherwise looks like a winner.

I wonder if we will see any more villains besides Gollum, and if so how will Weta tackle them?

Yeah, bad guys in this line will be interesting to see how they approach things. As it stands now this line has guys sitting and outside of Saruman we don't see many of the others sitting.

I guess it's much likely that we will see Bilbo, Gimli and Merry & Pippin in a simular smoking/sitting pose.
I think two characters smoking is enough. Any more and it'll start getting stale.

If we break down what we know of this line, it might be easier guessing where it will go.
  • It seems everything must be 6", nothing above or below.
  • Each piece paints a moment from the film, and incorporates a grounded object like a rock or chair to add visual interest.
  • The number of moulds is kept to a minimum to save costs. Gollum and Gandalf is one, not sure on Strider though, the bench may be separate.
  • They should look good when displayed alone while possibly working alongside another as with Gollum/Gandalf.

An important question to consider is will they all be still, serious moments? There is plenty of opportunity to go the other way with something jolly or dynamic.

Who knows! Should be able to have a couple of hobbits on the same base though, if they want to go that way....

Anyway, i thought you were done with Weta :D

I am. ;)
I'm not into the mini-line, just allways up for a guessing-game.
Still got over 100 W$, so might be a free shot or nice present for someone.

It's an odd line, because they didn't think it would be that popular. They done a Gollum for people visiting the Weta Cave to buy, and that was going to be all they done, but he sold like hot cakes. And cheap hot cakes! So i guess they're just gonna keep going until they don't sell anymore.

This'll look good next to the Prancing Pony environment, which is another perfect product from Weta! :D

Back