Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of people were also saying to "keep the faith" with the 1/6 LOTR line but we all now know what happened to that line. :peace

And all the 1/6 LOTR figures did actually sell out too.....

:goodpost: I second that! Too much negativity here right now. I'd like to think that they're just taking their time to find ways of improving the quality of their pieces. The arwen maquette came out a lot earlier than expected, but quality came short on some few pieces.

Also, as much as possible, I hope that the maquette line won't be compared to the 1/6 doll line because the two are just not at the same level, in all aspects. The 1/6 doll line is horrendous, poor sculpt and likeness, the paintjob lacking quality, overall, I myself am asking why SS came up with that line. But the maquette line has quality overall (just maybe some issues for a few pieces of arwen, but my piece looks good:)) and totally different and improved take on the characters. not to mention a lot more collectors support, appreciate, and rave about the line. I hope that fact backs this up.
It doesn't matter. Sales numbers are the important thing to look at here, and it looks like all six maquettes are still in stock at sideshow. Not a good sign considering retailers usually buy up the regular editions. Even they don't want them i guess.

I think there will be one more statue. Probably the Frodo and Sam one. But that will be it. These things just don't sell enough. Did Gandalf even sell out yet??

Proof? The regulars are instock/po but all of the Ex are sold out. The Ex all have decent size edition sizes for today's LOTR market.

Also if you notice the regulars of most things on SS site stay instock for a decent while after each Ex sells out.

8 statues?

gandalf
aragorn
legolas
gimli
boromir
arwen

what are the other 2?

Snow Troll and Ringwraith

:goodpost: I second that! Too much negativity here right now. I'd like to think that they're just taking their time to find ways of improving the quality of their pieces. The arwen maquette came out a lot earlier than expected, but quality came short on some few pieces.

I wouldn't call it negativity. I would call it concern. People invested in this line with the expectation that the fellowship would be completed and that releases would be more frequent than the PF line - an expectation that SS themselves encouraged when the announced the news about returning to the line. The complete lack of news is causing people to get the jitters. If all is well, all SS needs to do is let us know. So far they have remained silent, which only makes people more concerned...

I believe they said all along the plan was to have on statue release per quarter. I may be wrong on that but I'm pretty sure this is to be the case and right now we're basically on pace with that since Arwen shipped early.

Josh, I don't think this line is at all doomed either, and I still think we are on track for one maquette per quarter. I would love that to be the consistent pace for the shipping of items. That being said, as we look ahead, we may see delays in that pace if we don't get another preorder soon. I think the line will continue for a long time to come, but I do wish that Sideshow was a little more generous with their sneak peeks and updates on this line (or any LOTR news). I do hope that whatever is offered next ships before the end of the year, and I will think we would have had a great year for maquettes. Arwen, Boromir, Ringwraith and ???? in a year would be awesome. Given the contest Chicky offered too, I would expect to see the next pre-order at the end of the May or early June. The contest was for a free "mystery" pre-order, but I would think they wouldn't keep it a mystery for long!

Josh, I don't think this line is at all doomed either, and I still think we are on track for one maquette per quarter. I would love that to be the consistent pace for the shipping of items. That being said, as we look ahead, we may see delays in that pace if we don't get another preorder soon. I think the line will continue for a long time to come, but I do wish that Sideshow was a little more generous with their sneak peeks and updates on this line (or any LOTR news). I do hope that whatever is offered next ships before the end of the year, and I will think we would have had a great year for maquettes. Arwen, Boromir, Ringwraith and ???? in a year would be awesome. Given the contest Chicky offered too, I would expect to see the next pre-order at the end of the May or early June. The contest was for a free "mystery" pre-order, but I would think they wouldn't keep it a mystery for long!

it wont continue for a long time, as we dont have many pieces left. In the video i posted tom said it's 9 statues. So far we have 7 (gandalf, aragorn, legolass, gimili, arwen, boromir, ringwraith). The 2x hobbit duo will make it a total of 9, which concludes this line (and i am perfectly fine with that).

ps josh, dont think snow troll is part of this series.

I'm with ya I want more news and news as often as we can get it. Like I said I love LOTR, The Hobbit, Middle-Earth, as much as anyone so I want all I can get.

it wont continue for a long time, as we dont have many pieces left. In the video i posted tom said it's 9 statues. So far we have 7 (gandalf, aragorn, legolass, gimili, arwen, boromir, ringwraith). The 2x hobbit duo will make it a total of 9, which concludes this line (and i am perfectly fine with that).

Well, some can not count it if we want but I've not heard from SS that its not part of the line. So as far as I'm concerned until I hear otherwise its part of the line.

I'm with ya I want more news and news as often as we can get it. Like I said I love LOTR, The Hobbit, Middle-Earth, as much as anyone so I want all I can get.

Well, some can not count it if we want but I've not heard from SS that its not part of the line. So as far as I'm concerned until I hear otherwise its part of the line.

You haven't heard that it's part of the line, but have you heard the opposite? The snow troll was based on the video game, and as far as I know the maquette line is based on LOTR book.

And are you talking seriously? Do you really think that this line will dead with just 2 more releases? I entered this line to collect the fellowship, but I wouldn't mind if characters like Eomer, Lurtz, Elrond e.g. come out.

You haven't heard that it's part of the line, but have you heard the opposite? The snow troll was based on the video game, and as far as I know the maquette line is based on LOTR book.

And are you talking seriously? Do you really think that this line will dead with just 2 more releases? I entered this line to collect the fellowship, but I wouldn't mind if characters like Eomer, Lurtz, Elrond e.g. come out.

Until they come out and say its not part of the statue line I think its safe to assume it is. The Snow Troll is visually taken from the game but the talk of the character does come from text Tolkien. The line as a whole is based on the movies.

I didn't say that. I do not believe this line is anyplace close to over. As a matter of fact I think this line has a long life left.

We will get news when we get news. Personally I hope the line goes for as long as possible. Getting mad isnt going to make Sideshow do anything it hasn't already planned to do or not to do.

I think that we will certainly get the nine, and likely many more beyond that. If we get Sam and Frodo and Merry and Pippin as the next two announced statues, I would be in heaven! I still think this line will include a wide variety of characters beyond the fellowship, and I think that Arwen and the Ringwraith prove that point.

It will be interesting to see what directions this line takes after the fellowship is complete. From Rohan characters like Theoden and Eomer to a wider varierty of villains like Saruman and some of the Helm's Deep Uruk, I think this line has a long life ahead of it. They just won't all pre-order at once!!!

How many people have been waiting to jump in until they see all nine members of the fellowship will lose their _____ when they see how awesome the complete collection is, and how expensive it might be to go back and get some of the exclusives they missed!

I think that we will certainly get the nine, and likely many more beyond that. If we get Sam and Frodo and Merry and Pippin as the next two announced statues, I would be in heaven! I still think this line will include a wide variety of characters beyond the fellowship, and I think that Arwen and the Ringwraith prove that point.

It will be interesting to see what directions this line takes after the fellowship is complete. From Rohan characters like Theoden and Eomer to a wider varierty of villains like Saruman and some of the Helm's Deep Uruk, I think this line has a long life ahead of it. They just won't all pre-order at once!!!

How many people have been waiting to jump in until they see all nine members of the fellowship will lose their _____ when they see how awesome the complete collection is, and how expensive it might be to go back and get some of the exclusives they missed!

The plethora of characters we could see is amazing add to the different take the line has in regards to not being screen caps should be fantastic.

In the end I do think this collection is going to be something to Marvel at.

It would be wonderful to see a representation of the maquette line of Eomer, Faramir and Elrond.
But would love to Eowyn, Galadriel or Denethor.

But I love to have a 1:6 scale Balrog.

I think after the release of Boromir in the month of May, we will have some new news maquette line, I have high hopes invested in this line and would be very happy that the next Preorder is a pair of Hobbits.

If they say 1 per quarter then it should mean one preorder per quarter cuz they never ship these at the right time anyway. We haven't had a preorder since last october i believe. So where was this year's first quarter PO?? This line is dead. Same story every time. They start a new line and then they make the same line for SW about a year later and all the resources get pooled into the SW line. SW ruins everything.

Going around and saying the line is dead isn't exactly a ringing endorsement that folks are in it for the long haul.

If they say 1 per quarter then it should mean one preorder per quarter cuz they never ship these at the right time anyway. We haven't had a preorder since last october i believe. So where was this year's first quarter PO?? This line is dead. Same story every time. They start a new line and then they make the same line for SW about a year later and all the resources get pooled into the SW line. SW ruins everything.

I don't wanna be rude, but If in your opinion this line is dead, what are you doing here? Are you looking for any news of this dead line?

This thread will be arriving at paranoia central shortly....

I think it's there.

One thing for folks to remember is sideshow has a ton of licenses. They have to try and give them all equal love. The. You toss in the addition of the dc license and the plate got even more full. We've not been forgotten but we do have to wait our turn.

Back