Who lives in Australia?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, Back from Oz comicon and to be honest you didn't miss much.
What a F#@$ING!!! mess. I was basicaly in line for Stan's sig the whole day..7.5 hours to be exact..:gah: And I wouldn't even call it a line. No bollards or roped areas just people everywere and no one policing it.
I had many a heated discussion with people trying to cut in, Told heaps of peeps to F#$@ OFF!!
I didn't enjoy myself one bit and to be honest I almost called it quits a few times. Anyway after spending my hole day in a line I finally met Stan, shook his hand, told him that it was a honor and got Spidy signed..Well the base anyway.:yess:
I didn't know Stan was a left hander, just like me..:)

P1030357-1.jpg

P1030358.jpg

And that's why no one else was talking about this "event"...because Australian comic-cons always suck :lol

Very true. I didn't go there expecting much and if Stan wasn't attending I wouldn't have gone at all. I was just peeved with the whole execution and handeling of the event..Very PISS POOR!!!!

Ok, Back from Oz comicon and to be honest you didn't miss much.
What a F#@$ING!!! mess. I was basicaly in line for Stan's sig the whole day..7.5 hours to be exact..:gah: And I wouldn't even call it a line. No bollards or roped areas just people everywere and no one policing it.
I had many a heated discussion with people trying to cut in, Told heaps of peeps to F#$@ OFF!!
I didn't enjoy myself one bit and to be honest I almost called it quits a few times.

That makes me feel better about missing it, somewhat. I had no idea it was on until I saw it on the news last night. I would've gone had I known. Probably would've wasted my day in line too though...

They showed a few clips from it and at one point you saw Stan shuffling through the crowd of people on the floor. It looked like anyone could just reach out and touch him. He didn't seem barricaded behind a wall of security or forever out-of-reach backstage, which surprised me.

They also showed some video of some sellers and I saw the HT Superman there. I'm wondering what price was on that and any other HT was there.

That makes me feel better about missing it, somewhat. I had no idea it was on until I saw it on the news last night. I would've gone had I known. Probably would've wasted my day in line too though...

They showed a few clips from it and at one point you saw Stan shuffling through the crowd of people on the floor. It looked like anyone could just reach out and touch him. He didn't seem barricaded behind a wall of security or forever out-of-reach backstage, which surprised me.

They also showed some video of some sellers and I saw the HT Superman there. I'm wondering what price was on that and any other HT was there.

I can't tell you what HT S-man was priced at but the few things I did get to look at were typical convention prices. In other words over priced.

Stan lee from what I saw had plenty of body/security guards. When it was my time to greet him I asked Stan if I could take a quick pic of him signing my comiquette. Even before he could answere one of his guys steped in and told me, "NO!!!! absolutely NOT!!!" I was a bit peeved coz' it looked like Stan was going to say yes..:gah:

I picked up the HT iron man mark II for $250, not the best deal but its probably around what I would get it for on ebay. I saw other booths had for around $280.

But really it was the worst organised event I have been to. Needed way more venue space, more staff that actually know what is going on, an efficient layout, pre-sale tickets only and not over sold. Also maybe they should think about bring ropes? surely the melbourne convention centre would have them on site?

dumb :slap

Serious question: what's it like to live in Australia? I can't help but romantize a country the size of the U.S., but the population of our Texas.....

Great work life balance even in Sydney.

The working culture is very different. More laid back. If you're coming from somewhere like Japan, you will find that working culture is more relaxed. If you're not used to it, it can get frustrating particularly if you're in middle management. Bt once you learn how things work and are able to go with the flow it rocks.

Then you also have options. If the eastern states isn't laid back enough for you then you go to Western Australia.

Great work life balance even in Sydney.

The working culture is very different. More laid back. If you're coming from somewhere like Japan, you will find that working culture is more relaxed. If you're not used to it, it can get frustrating particularly if you're in middle management. Bt once you learn how things work and are able to go with the flow it rocks.

Then you also have options. If the eastern states isn't laid back enough for you then you go to Western Australia.

Thanks - sounds pretty awesome....

It's good I like it..:D Anything in particular you would like to know???

Theres a reason for that, most of it is desert..:)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deserts_of_Australia

LOL, yeah, but I have embraced the whole Mad Max lifestyle.......need a cool car like that.

One question: how's the men/women ratio?

Thanks, everyone. I've really been wondering. I know the currency conversion will probably destroy me, but if I could get any of my brothers/sisters to go with me, I'd be there

Just joined. I'm on the Gold Coast. Have an interest in collecting Hot Toys but only have 1 so far so not much of a collection. Any tips from fellow aussies?

Thanks for the welcomes. Probably looking for info good Aussie sellers. So far I have come across popcultcha, figures direct and shop for me. Not too bad price wise but still seems cheaper to usually order from ebay so happy to hear about good and bad sellers on there too. I have ordered one with an ebay seller who then gets them shipped from Hong Kong and then sends it on. Still worked out cheaper than sites here but would be nice to cut out the middle man. Do any Aussies do case shares to try and minimise cost? Are there any sites just for Aussie collectors or isn't there enough collectors to justify one?

Back