ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
guys, i have only recently joined the freaks boards, but i have to say this is my favourite thread by far. i put off getting a ripley for so long because of the head sculpt. but when i scoured through these 400 odd pages for photos of ripley, and came across some of your amazing repaints and customisations, i changed my mind and ordered one straight away. i even got the flight jacket from monkey depot.

the only problem is getting a new head for her (or getting her repainted). i was thinking of getting a painted one from darren. but i love les's work too. les, do you have a website or something that I can find out more info (like cost)?

eighthsamurai said:
guys, i have only recently joined the freaks boards, but i have to say this is my favourite thread by far. i put off getting a ripley for so long because of the head sculpt. but when i scoured through these 400 odd pages for photos of ripley, and came across some of your amazing repaints and customisations, i changed my mind and ordered one straight away. i even got the flight jacket from monkey depot.

the only problem is getting a new head for her (or getting her repainted). i was thinking of getting a painted one from darren. but i love les's work too. les, do you have a website or something that I can find out more info (like cost)?
Here ya go ES. He's definitely a master! I believe it's $50 each repaint plus $8 for shipping but here's his site.

https://figuremasterles.tripod.com/

Cocoboloboy said:
Here ya go ES. He's definitely a master! I believe it's $50 each repaint plus $8 for shipping but here's his site.

https://figuremasterles.tripod.com/

I can still repaint that Rip for you eighth (Love your name BTW!).
Better get her to me within the next month. Laying off headpaints for a while starting in July. (I may or may not get finished with them all by then, but it will be close thereafter. Trying to catch up with what I have now...)
If I get your Ripley fairly soon, I can start at least.
PM or email me if you are interested.
Thanks.

figuremasterles said:
Better get her to me within the next month. Laying off headpaints for a while starting in July. (I may or may not get finished with them all by then, but it will be close thereafter. Trying to catch up with what I have now...)
Thanks.

thanks for the info cocolocoboy. and thanks for the response, les. i'm waiting for ripley to come through. this particular source delivers quite slowly which is a pain. if it gets here within a month, i'll do my best to send it to you. otherwise don't worry. it just means i'll have 1 awesome head for ripley instead of 2 (getting darren's for sure!).

by the way, your site is unbelievable - some of your customs... wow! amazing. i love the subspecies vampire - he would scare the crap out of me if he was in my room!

ps. it's been my online name for 10 or 11 years now. i came up with trying to create a hotmail account (7samurai was taken). recently i've noticed a lot more people using it. it could just be one of those things where lots of people thought up the same name, or it could be unoriginal theft (but we don't like to have cynical thoughts like that).

figuremasterles said:
Thanks.

Dang, I may have to send you my Ripley soon too then, Les.

I found time to finish putting Ripley together today and got the head on via a combination of trimming a bit of the hole with a knife and heating it up so thanks to the people that gave me the help there and also to whoever it was that posted a while back about altering the strap on the flamethrower to make it that bit longer. I'll be happier with the figure once I've either got the head repainted or got one of the other custom sculpts that are going to be available but I'm still more than pleased with my first HT purchase.

Wor-Gar said:
I found this on the second page for the first time in 3 months!!!

:eek

Had... to... rescue.

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!! WHERE'S THAT ALIENS FORUM DAVE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Well, here's my contribution to bumping the cause. My snap kits came yesterday, so in some form, I have a Hot Toys Hicks now :) I have to say, these are the best 3 3/4" figures I've ever seen, they pretty much have the same range of articulation as the 1/6 figures, which is impressive, however the human wrists are ball joints of sorts and prone to falling out if handled without care. It was hard assembling them, but eventually I found dipping the pieces in hot water for a a minute or so softened the plastic enough to slip the appendages on easily. Enjoy the pictures.

ASK1.jpg

ASK2.jpg

ASK3.jpg

ASK4.jpg

ASK5.jpg

ASK6.jpg

ASK7.jpg

ASK8.jpg

ASK9.jpg

ASK10.jpg

ASK11.jpg

ASK12.jpg

ASK13.jpg

ASK14.jpg

I have to say too, it's evident by the Alien Warrior that Hot Toys knows the design for that suit and I have hope/confidence they will give us more accurrate warrior in final production for the 1/6 line.

I hope you're right.

Nice pictures!
I have these figures too, and they're great. :D

abake said:
So how come they could get the warrior right (sort of) as a snap-kit and not as a 1/6 figure?

My hope is they rushed the prototype. Get the new feet hands head and tail worked, which might be the easier parts, and present a figure while tooling the new legs at the same time. HT has shown before that work is done between proto and production, hopefully they'll do the same here, it is disturbing, clearly they do know how an ALIENS warrior should look, I can't see why, other than cutting production corners and reusing molds, they would not have the 1/6 at least just like the Snap Kits.

Soooo... has anyone painted Lonnie's Hudson headsculpt yet?

I've ordered mine. I'm curious to see what it looks like after some painting.

I just finished my HT Ripley repaint, pics below. Looks MUCH more like Weaver with just a litte here and there paint. I have started on the FL Hudson, but nothing to show yet.

Ripley4.jpg

Ripley3.jpg

Last edited:
Great repaint! You don't have to be Figuremasterles to have a great looking Ripley (although it helps). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back