ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Ripley today which is my first Hot Toys figure. Can anyone tell me if there's a particular knack for getting the head onto the body as the hole on the head looks too small for the ball joint on the neck and I was reluctant to use too much force in case I damaged anything. That aside I'm very impressed with the figure,I think the detailing on the various accessories is top quality and the clothing is very well done and fits the excellent base body well. The headsculpt is OK with it's current paintjob but next time I have the spare cash I'll see if Les is able to repaint it for me so I can see the sculpt at it's best. Overall I'd give this figure 8.5/10 and if Ripley is typical of the quality of Hot Toys figures then I'll certainly be buying some more in the near future.

bcm77 said:
Can anyone tell me if there's a particular knack for getting the head onto the body as the hole on the head looks too small for the ball joint on the neck and I was reluctant to use too much force in case I damaged anything.
Simply trim a larger hole with a nice sharp x-acto blade. Do so sliver by sliver only and you'll eventually reach a large enough hole that will still sit firmly on the ball joint. You'll probably trim out a diameter 1/16" larger at the most.

Never had to trim mine. If anything just heat it with hair dryer for about 20 seconds. Shouldn't have to cut anything.

Yeah I had to use a hair dryer on my HT Predators. Works really well and suprisingly the Pred Head itself softens a bit too, not just the ring.

For those interested, I will have my new and improved Ripley head available just as soon as I get the HT neck version altered. The Dragon body style (should anyone want that) is available Thursday. Pics of the Dragon version will be shown then.

Lonnie
TK570

Wow, that's great Lonnie! Hopefully this will be the "Get away from her you b!tch" version. Any chance of an Alien version of Warrant Officer Ripley? I know Les and Paul have been working on their customs and just need the appropriate headsculpt.

Tk570 said:
For those interested, I will have my new and improved Ripley head available just as soon as I get the HT neck version altered. The Dragon body style (should anyone want that) is available Thursday. Pics of the Dragon version will be shown then.

Lonnie
TK570

Can't wait to see that Lonnie!:chew

Tk570 said:

Lonnie
TK570

Wayyy cool Lonnie, can't wait to see her :)

Tk570 said:

Lonnie
TK570

Rock on Lonnie! I can't wait to see what you do bro. :rock

I had a few minutes this morning so I had time to get the pics of the Ripley Dragon version done. HT version coming up as soon as the clean up on the inside of the neck is done.

RipleyT.jpg

Lonnie
TK570

Tk570 said:
I had a few minutes this morning so I had time to get the pics of the Ripley Dragon version done. HT version coming up as soon as the clean up on the inside of the neck is done.

Lonnie
TK570

Hey Lonnie,

How do I order your Hudson head for a HT body? I don't see it listed on the PDF of your available heads.

SuperActionGuy

Tk570 said:

RipleyT.jpg

Lonnie
TK570
That looks as good as I expected, meaning SPOT F'In ON!
Let us know when they are available. I need a HT neck type.

Received my Hudson headsculpt from Lonnie today and it is superb ! Even in the bare resin the likeness is spot on , especially in profile . ( Can't post pics as the image just "washes out" ). Take my word for it , if you have the H.T Hudson , you NEED TO HAVE THIS HEADSCULPT !!!

thundergod said:
Received my Hudson headsculpt from Lonnie today and it is superb ! Even in the bare resin the likeness is spot on , especially in profile . ( Can't post pics as the image just "washes out" ). Take my word for it , if you have the H.T Hudson , you NEED TO HAVE THIS HEADSCULPT !!!

Excuse my ignorace here as I'm still a bit new but, how did you order this head from Lonnie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back