ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the most excellent chart made by Les on the Aliens warriors:

ALIENWARRIORDRONEChart3Aliens01.jpg

And here's a pic of a most excellent statue, for comparison's sake:

sswarrior.jpg

And the HT model:

page-6214.jpg

So, yeah, the HT mofel is awesome, but far from accurate. If you ask me, other than the overall shape of the alien, there's not a single accurate thing about the HT version.
I wish they's give us an accurate xenomorph...

Thanks for the images Abake. Yeah, there is deffinately some inaccuracies going, which are a little saddening, but it's still an overall kickass figure. I will also give HT the benefit of the doubt because they've shown in the past that things can be refined between prototype and production, and hopefully maybe some changes will happen here. Either way, I can't wait til this one is out.

Yes, that's right, the HT Aliens are not entirely accurate, but for 1/6 scale posable figures, they are simply unbelievable. If you want 100% realistic Alien warriors, I think static figures/maquettes in museum quality are your best shot.
I have the HT AvP aliens, and I can only repeat how wonderful these things are, once you hold them in your hands. I bet it will be no different with this Aliens alien. And who knows, if HT will do a Alien alien one day, it most likely will be more accurate than the Aliens alien!
For now, let's keep our fingers crossed that the HT designers studied the Alien queen throughly... if they ever make one!

You have to consider too that this is an "idealized" representation of the Alien as it was seen in the film. The color differentiates from the actual props because of the lighting therefore HT went with how it looked onscreen rather than what the actual props look like. The extensive use of blue-gels in Cameron's lighting on those black bodies gave it a blue hue. Also more of the piping is exposed on the props that were not visible in the film. I can certainly understand someone wanting a perfectly accurate sculpt that is on par with the original but I will be satisfied with it looking like it did onscreen as well.

I'm a big fan of HT, and their AvP warrior is one of my favourite figures ever, it's truly a masterpiece!
I think they could've worked a bit more of articulation into it without sacrificing too much of the sculpt, but it is awesome nonetheless.

I hope they can tweak some things on the Aliens warrior, but I guess major changes are out of the question.
However, when they start looking into the Alien warrior, I'm sure they'll find it is easy to make it a lot more articulated, as the sculpt lends itself to having more joints. It goes without saying that I fervently hope they make it absolutely accurate!

Since I won't be holding it next to the screen while watching the movie, I'm pretty happy with how it looks. As long as it looks good and realistic, I don't really give a rip if it's an exact replica or not. My take.,

dekadentdave said:
You have to consider too that this is an "idealized" representation of the Alien as it was seen in the film. The color differentiates from the actual props because of the lighting therefore HT went with how it looked onscreen rather than what the actual props look like. The extensive use of blue-gels in Cameron's lighting on those black bodies gave it a blue hue. Also more of the piping is exposed on the props that were not visible in the film. I can certainly understand someone wanting a perfectly accurate sculpt that is on par with the original but I will be satisfied with it looking like it did onscreen as well.

i agree completely. it's amazing what some of them looked like when you see in the behind the scenes videos... totally different to them onscreen!

Whew, looks like you don't have any xenomorphs in your house :D Those are some beautiful pieces you have there!

I personally am looking very much forward to getting the Aliens Alien. Yea the inconsistencies are there . . . but not enough to take anything away from what looks to be a very very nice figure. So I pretty much feel like a couple other people on this subject.

In other news, I just received both my kit from Chris with Hicks' shotgun sheath, knife, and lock&hasp, as well as Kyle Reese from Toys2. All that's left to do is order another Hudson and start my little project! Speaking of which, is there anyone else who has Kyle Reese that has issues with a loose neck and hands coming apart?

I take it that's the MR motion tracker? I was wondering on the display if it has the animated motion wave pangs like in the film or is it a static display?

GGPiKE said:
Speaking of which, is there anyone else who has Kyle Reese that has issues with a loose neck and hands coming apart?

Yep, my Kyle has a really loose neck joint, and the ball joints on the hands keep coming apart if you mess with the hands too much.

Oh, and be careful if you try to take out the feet from his boots. Those crappy joints will snap like a twig if you pull to hard, mine did.:monkey4

dekadentdave said:
I take it that's the MR motion tracker? I was wondering on the display if it has the animated motion wave pangs like in the film or is it a static display?

It's the MR. It was a throw in when I bought the alien bust. It is fully animated with sound. Starts clear and keeps adding aliens in. Makes a different sound when the aliens are present. Very detailed.

My Lord said:
Yep, my Kyle has a really loose neck joint, and the ball joints on the hands keep coming apart if you mess with the hands too much.

Oh, and be careful if you try to take out the feet from his boots. Those crappy joints will snap like a twig if you pull to hard, mine did.:monkey4

Yea, I think I'm going to get one of the bronze TrueType figures when they hit end of July to replace Reese's body. Thanks for the heads up on the feet, I'm sure mine will snap as well. Woohoo, looking forward to that happening.

sweet acquisitions customizer!!!!

btw, was just listening to oingo boingo and the song "weird sciece" came on, and i remembered Bill Paxton in Weird Science. Hilarious!!

carry on...

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back