ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't mean to stir up debate, I can't see what's wrong between the film and the figures for the Alien Warriors.

I've spent a fair amount of time comparing different shots of this guy below to the tons of reference pics in "The Winston Effect" book, which has lots of really good pics of the warriors. I gotta say it looks extremely accurate in most respects.... Though there are some minor differences, it appears from the shots in the book that there are some variations in the actual warrior costumes in the movie, especially around the neck/shoulders. At any rate, you gotta love the new headsculpt with all the bony ridges and stuff......

ALIEN.jpg

Actually, there are differences as pointed out by Les (who has seen it in person at Bob Burns and has an expert eye with these) The differences have also been pointed out to the HT Design team by a few of us, abake, yours truly, etc.

HigHurtenflurst said:
I've spent a fair amount of time comparing different shots of this guy below to the tons of reference pics in "The Winston Effect" book, which has lots of really good pics of the warriors. I gotta say it looks extremely accurate in most respects.... Though there are some minor differences, it appears from the shots in the book that there are some variations in the actual warrior costumes in the movie, especially around the neck/shoulders. At any rate, you gotta love the new headsculpt with all the bony ridges and stuff......

First off. I love aliens, so I wouldn't pick on something if it wasn't there.
Make no mistake, I'm getting this guy, it rocks! But there are inaccuracies there.

I found this pic over at The Hive forum, and though it's from the 1st headsculpt, the highlighted areas aren't the same as the movie version.

Same issue with the AVP alien. It looks cool, but the 5th spike, and head patten (just to mention a few) isn't movie accurate.

HTAlienscorrections.jpg

tru dat dave. All which is Aliens comes from this Monster thread, the definitive Aliens thread on this planet anyway.

This is what we pointed out to the HT Design team, tail wagging dog here, old news, been forwarded to HT months ago. We'll see.

Last edited:
:google ....I, uh, stand corrected. Some people obviously have waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy more free time on their hands than I do! Still, can't wait to get this puppy!

Cheers

HigHurtenflurst said:
:google ....I, uh, stand corrected. Some people obviously have waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy more free time on their hands than I do! Still, can't wait to get this puppy!

Cheers

Other than Bob Burns, Les is the resident Alien expert among other things.

HigHurtenflurst said:

Cheers

You're playing with the big boys now bro. :lol

Btw , a warm welcome to the biggest baddest and bestest Aliens thread on the planet HigHurtenflurst. :cool:

pjam said:
You're playing with the big boys now bro. :lol

Btw , a warm welcome to the biggest baddest and bestest Aliens thread on the planet HigHurtenflurst. :cool:

Hey thanks! Been lurking here for a while, gotta say YOU GUYS ROCK!! This is the coolest place -- feels like home already!:banana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back