DEAR NASH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gideon said:
I think this was the leagues way of telling the complaining Stoudemire the following........ "just shut your mouth and go into the field we point to and pick that cotton".
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Allow me to elaborate...
Stoudemire angered the powers in the league office with his charges that the Spurs were playing dirty. The league did nothing about it. Then several more dirty play incidents followed. The league did nothing about it. Then Horry bodychecks Nash into the boards, we get the rush to help Nash and the suspensions follow.

Stoudemire is a kid barely a few years out of high school. I think the league does not want the inmates running the asylum. In the end you are one of two things - a boss or a worker. Stoudemire is just a worker and a young one at that. The bosses just want him to shut up and do his job. He may be a well paid worker -- but he is a wage worker the same as anybody else who has to answer to the boss.

When Stoudemire called the league to task and then the other incidents followed, he caused them to be embarassed. This was a cardinal sin. Jackson and Stern had a chance to pay him back for being a young cheeky whippersnapper ---- and they did by handicapping the Suns in tonights crucial game.

Thus my comments.

I can agree the league at times abuses its power..

It also likes to keep certain players in check for whatever reason..

I think Horry and Stoudemire should have been X'd for 1 game each.

Horry for his cheap shot into the stands.. And Stoudemire for clearly violating a rule..

The elbow by Horry to Bell seemed to be used more as a shield to keep the charging Bell off of him.. Ive been nailed with many, many elbows during my playing days that have resulted in gashes, broken bones, chipped teeth and a serious eye injury..I do not consider that to count as what they are calling it....

Bodie The Cursed said:
I can agree the league at times abuses its power..

It also likes to keep certain players in check for whatever reason..

I think Horry and Stoudemire should have been X'd for 1 game each.

Horry for his cheap shot into the stands.. And Stoudemire for clearly violating a rule..

The elbow by Horry to Bell seemed to be used more as a shield to keep the charging Bell off of him.. Ive been nailed with many, many elbows during my playing days that have resulted in gashes, broken bones, chipped teeth and a serious eye injury..I do not consider that to count as what they are calling it....
The only reason they gave Horry the second game was to make up for the fact that they were suspending Amare and Diaw. If they didn't suspend Diaw and Amare, Horry probably would have only gotten one game.

They are the worst. At least until we have to suffer through the ABC Caveman sitcom promos.

Bodie The Cursed said:
Anyone besides me want to throw a brick at the TV when a House of Payne commercial comes on?..
At least we don't ever have to watch DIRT promos ever again.

Anyone listen to the battle between Stern and Dan Patrick today!? :emperor

It shouldn't have been THAT close, wow the Spurs lucked out ... and it had to be Bowen again! :lol

LOTRFan said:
It shouldn't have been THAT close, wow the Spurs lucked out ... and it had to be Bowen again! :lol
Yeah. The whole game whenever they had a chance to cut into the lead they couldn't hit an open shot to save their life.

Stern did not even have the intestinal fortitude to keep his commitment and show up at the game. He canceled his trip after handicaping Phoenix and largely pre-determining the outcome. He displayed a great deal of arrogance in the interview with Patrick on ESPN. It was obvious that fairness had nothing to do with his decision - it was all the letter of the law that had to be upheld over everything else. I still think the hardline taken by the commish was in part to slap down the upstart Stoudemire and his comments earlier in the series. So Stern must have went to bed a very happy man late last night.

If Marion and Barbosa could have enjoyed the same second half that they did in the first half ... well .... it probably was too much to ask. The Suns did a terrific job all things considered.

If I were a betting man I would NOT bet against Phoenix in game six. I am not predicting a Phoenix win... BUT ... I would not be surprised to see them take it and force a game seven.

And it will take place in home sweet home....San Antonio, Texas! :D

sa-city-night-downtown.JPG

I will be gone Friday through Sunday basking in the the glory of Mount Whitney without access to any information source..

With that said I will not know the result of this series until my descent..

This one won't go past Friday IMO...

Bodie The Cursed said:
I will be gone Friday through Sunday basking in the the glory of Mount Whitney without access to any information source..

Good luck, I climbed Mt Whitney back in the mid-90's, it is quite a thrill.

:clap

gideon said:
Stern did not even have the intestinal fortitude to keep his commitment and show up at the game. He canceled his trip after handicaping Phoenix and largely pre-determining the outcome.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You really think he should have been at that game. All it would have done was caused an even bigger distraction than there already was. While we are at it, I guess Robert Horry was a ***** for watching the game from his hotel room. He should have been at Amare's sports bar watching it with the locals.

I would have paid to see that. Better than wrestlemania.

Last edited:
Bulls and Warriors both gave it a good run, they will be back and for a while I suspect.

Back