1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... just wish they wouldn't put up the pre-order right away... lolz! just to buy time to save up some more. Pardon me just wishful thinking...

Nice. So far I have 1x DX12 on the Batpod all futzed out so I don't really want to remove that. Was going to use the armory cowl to replace the DX12 cowl if it does indeed look better. I have a spare DX12 that I was going to use for the HK extraction scene so I will keep that. The Armory 3-set will stand as is for me, although I might put my DX02 armor in there instead and use the armory suit as my standalone Batman. I'd have to get a spare Bruce head and armory cowl though, unless they end up looking like the DX12 ones in the end, but I'm hoping they will be improved as advertised, but I guess that beats getting an entire 2nd set. Might end up selling the DX02 sonar head if I go that route as well as all my extra accessories. That's my plan anyhow, but it may change. Really only holding onto the DX02 because of the sonar head and backpack it came with, plus it was my first "Batman" HT figure.

Quite a collection. This set will be my first Batman figure, missed out on the previous ones. I don't really understand why this set doesn't include the backpack or sonar head? I read on here that the back pack fits the DX12, not sure if the head would need to be changed.

I think he means pricy, not hefty. haha. Hefty implies more weight.

The normal grimlock by takara was going for that much at one point.

Quite a collection. This set will be my first Batman figure, missed out on the previous ones. I don't really understand why this set doesn't include the backpack or sonar head? I read on here that the back pack fits the DX12, not sure if the head would need to be changed.

Agreed. This was a TDK set piece so the sonar and backpack would fit. I already have the backpack from the DX02 so I'm set there, but as much as I love the sonar head, putting it on that giraffe neck makes it really hard to get a nice pose on the DX02 unless you look at it from a good angle, which is few. I think it would be hard for them to fit the bulb and switch on just the head alone of a 1/6 as they were able to with the QS001. I originally wanted to base my collection only on Nolan's TDK Trilogy, but I somehow expanded into Captain America and a little bit of Iron Man, with Chris Reeves Supes and the DX10 and DX13 Terminators. I have Robocop coming in and some IM3 stuff, but I want to stop there and focus back on TDK since it's coming back from its several months hiatus. I have Bane, Catwoman, DX11 Joker, Nurse Joker custom, DX11 interrogation Joker, Two-Face, Bank Robber Joker, DX02, DX12 on Batpod, Tumbler, TF Batman Begins, spelunking Bruce custom, and SWAT Gordon.

I think he means pricy, not hefty. haha.

The normal grimlock by takara was going for that much at one point.

No you read it right, man! Of considerable size or amount of money inorder to get that dinobot Hahaha!

I'm a huge DC and Nolan fan, so I have most of the HT Nolan releases.

I have the original TDK Batman Costume, Which I'm leaving alone.

I have the TDK MMS new suit (which I'm leaving on the batpod)

The DX 02 is shown with no cape, sonar hear and sticky gun

The DX12 is being shown as my definitive Nolan series bats

So if I get this set, I'll be able to have a Bruce Wayne, Alfred and I'll keep the new Bats suit in the Armory

on.cc has their pictures up. The pers on the head look exactly the same which is a shame because they could have fixed it like the 1/4 version. Everything else looks great.
1501741_643083869086940_171193815_n.jpg

1524859_643083909086936_1821328938_n.jpg

1528741_643083939086933_1263914384_n.jpg

1536606_643083899086937_1075644382_n.jpg
:rotfl:lol what the hell? After, what, five attempts at the Dark Knight, this is the best they can come up with? Looks utterly ridiculous. Good ol' googly eyes just won't die.

I'm a huge DC and Nolan fan, so I have most of the HT Nolan releases.

I have the original TDK Batman Costume, Which I'm leaving alone.

I have the TDK MMS new suit (which I'm leaving on the batpod)

The DX 02 is shown with no cape, sonar hear and sticky gun

The DX12 is being shown as my definitive Nolan series bats

So if I get this set, I'll be able to have a Bruce Wayne, Alfred and I'll keep the new Bats suit in the Armory

Do you have a photo of your DX02? I'm just curious to see how it looks.

I wrote an email to hottoys.com.hk customer service. I think more people should write about their concerns. Maybe if enough people get the message to them, they may consider and work on fixing the issues in the time now until release.

:rotfl:lol what the hell? After, what, five attempts at the Dark Knight, this is the best they can come up with? Looks utterly ridiculous. Good ol' googly eyes just won't die.

:rotfl:rotfl The last photo, when would you need to pose him with that expression?

I don't understand why they bother PERS. If they can't get it right on attempt 5 how long until they finally nail it?

Googly eyes :slap 90% of the time Bale is squinting which at least would get rid of the surprised googly effect a little bit. Another miss on an otherwise great package.

:rotfl:rotfl The last photo, when would you need to pose him with that expression?

I don't understand why they bother PERS. If they can't get it right on attempt 5 how long until they finally nail it?

To satisfy the people who like mess around playing with eyes on a figure.

Googly eyes :slap 90% of the time Bale is squinting which at least would get rid of the surprised googly effect a little bit. Another miss on an otherwise great package.

:exactly:

That's what I have always said, what is the point on having moveable eyes when you barely see his eyes in the movie anyway?

No you read it right, man! Of considerable size or amount of money inorder to get that dinobot Hahaha!

Pretty sure hefty only implies weight, which would make people think that the Asian re-release weighs more or has more diecast. They both weigh the same as it's the same figure. Also, the Asian release is known to be pretty loose in the joints.:lecture

A less confusing way to say it is expensive or pricy, but everybody has their own way to say things.. haha.

I just don't see why they can't change the damned eye shape. If they just gave him the squint that Bale always had, 90% of the issues would be solved. It's high time they gave that damned cowl an overhaul to boot. While they're at it, they can fix his shoulder pads, as well.:lol

Yup. After all this time the whole cowl is still wrong. :lol. Same goes for that giant 1/4 figure.

Just do what Medicom did and take a scan of the 1:1 cowl for Christ sakes. Then sculpt the eyes and get it over with.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Eyes are ****ing massive as usual. What is it with HT? They just refuse to learn the error of their ways on this particular thing which people have been pointing out since DX02. Mystifying.

I wasn't buying anyway because I'm pretty much sick of Nolan Batman but its still kind of annoying even so.

The only feedback hot toys listens to is the ones posted on their Facebook page. I suggest everyone voice their concerns about the eyes there.

Yes, I posted there as well. I don't know about other people, but Customer Service has always replied to me, albeit it takes a long time, sometimes a few weeks to 1 month. But they replied to exchanges, feedback, and all sorts of questions. Can't hurt to get the word out to as many places as you can.

The pics of the 'Batman Collectible Figure' do look atrocious tbh, I don't even see the mouth plates as 1/6 scale equivalents of the QS001, Just not seeing Bale whatsoever. Reason why it's not that big a deal for me though is that under no circumstances whatsoever would I ever view this set as a way of having a Batman figure in the collection; in fact my view is that the PERS HS and gloved hand sculpts are simply extra accessories (albeit crappy looking ones), you get this set for the armoury display and the Bruce/Alfred figures

Back