Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solid custom mate! I've always wanted to see how that would look like!
Can't wait till you get the belt! :clap:clap:clap

Thanks. Belt is taking forever to get here. See below for newer additions to this custom.

put the avengers masked head on it to see how it looks

Great minds think alike, lol. See below for different looks.

You must really like captain America.

I think the costume is cool, and the character is too. He's from a time of great violence when the entire world was at war, and emerges into an era of supposed peace, where there's just as much conflict going on but the stakes are just as high.
I think he makes for a great superhero.

He secretly IS Captain America and he's so conceited!

Nope. Just a Cap fan.

Okay. I added red stripes to Cap's midsection in the middle and on either side of his braces. And i have taken a few images of him with different heads.
Opinions are welcomed on what is the best look.

photo_1-4.jpg

photo-13.jpg

photo_2-3.jpg

photo_3-2.jpg

I actually really like the avengers head on it. The only thing I dont like and this has been since day one is the shade of blue they used. Too light in my opinion. Have you ever thought about making it darker?

I actually really like the avengers head on it. The only thing I dont like and this has been since day one is the shade of blue they used. Too light in my opinion. Have you ever thought about making it darker?

I have indeed considered that. But i am going to order a spare uniform to try it on, as this one is securely in place on a HT Cap body(And will be near impossible to remove).

Yeah, removed one of these costumes once I won't do it again. So snug, I was afraid to pop a seam.

I would bet, due to the material, that using acrylic paint would work better than dying it. Maybe like a dry brush method to give it more detail.

Yeah, removed one of these costumes once I won't do it again. So snug, I was afraid to pop a seam.

I would bet, due to the material, that using acrylic paint would work better than dying it. Maybe like a dry brush method to give it more detail.

I am considering mixing up a bowl of concentrated dye and just "painting" it on the suit.
I just need to try it on something else first...
:lol

after seeing pics of the new super soldier suit at comic con I cant wait to see what Hot toys does with it

Item arrival: 27 days
Order #:
Item #: 901384
Item name: Captain America: The First Avenger 12-inch Figure - Hot Toys
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $169.99
Discount: -$101.75
Item total: $68.24
Ship cost: $.00
Total: $68.24

I'm having paint flaking off the shield now. I will need to contact HT to see if they can replace it.

I'm considering to sell mine too if anyone is interested but I superglued the holster shut with the handgun inside it since the clip broke and the shield has some wear to it. Other than that, the figure is perfect :D

I am worried about the shield for my cap figure shedding off paint. What is the best way to prevent it?

I read up on applying a gloss coat, but is that any good? Has anyone tried it? Some pictures would be appreciated.

I am worried about the shield for my cap figure shedding off paint. What is the best way to prevent it?

I read up on applying a gloss coat, but is that any good? Has anyone tried it? Some pictures would be appreciated.

I have the same question. There's been a couple of posted ideas of solutions, but has anyone actually done one themselves?

I was hoping to mold and cast the shield so I could make extras for when mine starts to deteriorate but I can already see signs on crackling paint. Panic!

My solution is to leave it untouched in the box. I took everything else out and examined them but that shield is untouched. At least the figure comes with a second shield.

Back