1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

What did Pryor keep calling him in the film.. 'Supe' or something? :lol

Think it was supes or supes baby.

Heres something I got at the cinema when superman 3 was released or might have been superman 2 not sure.
I know I watched 2 of the films back to back once but think that was 1 and 2.
Anyway the newspaper one folds out into the classic superman 2 poster.
The superman 3 comic was inside so I'm guessing it was promoting the film to come?
Had the superman 2 poster on my wall for ages back in the day.
Bit beat up but might display it again in a frame.
No pins or blu tac:)

Ahh nostalga.

Oh and I have the superman 3 soundtrack on lp, might dig that out and take a pic.
Was gunna display it in a frame, but it does look a bit cheesy/cartooney.

Think it was supes or supes baby.

Heres something I got at the cinema when superman 3 was released or might have been superman 2 not sure.
I know I watched 2 of the films back to back once but think that was 1 and 2.
Anyway the newspaper one folds out into the classic superman 2 poster.
The superman 3 comic was inside so I'm guessing it was promoting the film to come?
Had the superman 2 poster on my wall for ages back in the day.
Bit beat up but might display it again in a frame.
No pins or blu tac:)

Ahh nostalga.

Oh and I have the superman 3 soundtrack on lp, might dig that out and take a pic.
Was gunna display it in a frame, but it does look a bit cheesy/cartooney.

The last picture with Reeve looks a bit like a young Marlon Brando. Made casting him a great choice for Jor-El

Pretty cool, I also pose his arms like that. Makes him look a lot buffer

Thanks!

Yeah, just putting a little bend in his arms makes it look like he's tensing up.

very cool. Can you take a pic of your pic taking setup from further away to let me see what it looks like?

Thanks!

Yes I can, but I assure you, it's nothing glamorous! :lol

Just some black t shirts draped over some figure boxes in my kitchen!

Thanks!

It doesn't need to be expensive of glamorous to get great results!
I am thinking of making a black styrene box with detolf dioders at the front edges to take pics of my figures.
But i would like to see everyone else's setups.

Thanks!

Ha! It's amazing how simple it can be. I remember back a couple years ago when I was liquidating some sports memorabilia on ebay I did a simialr set up with red t-shirts since some study showed that ebay listings with a red backdrop earned about 12% more on average. Anything for a few bucks more! :)

Ha! It's amazing how simple it can be. I remember back a couple years ago when I was liquidating some sports memorabilia on ebay I did a simialr set up with red t-shirts since some study showed that ebay listings with a red backdrop earned about 12% more on average. Anything for a few bucks more! :)

Might give it a go people aint buying my rubbish:)

Yep, simple but effective. :exactly:

This is still the best head sculpt HT has made. I wish all of their line can be as good as this sculpt and figure have been.

Hey guys, not sure if this has been brought up and not trying to scare anyone if it hasn't but, as I was packing up for vacation and giving my collection a once over before leaving, I noticed the neck on my Reeve was looking a little glossy. I've noticed it before but though nothing of it but today it looked extra glossy so I took it out and wiped the neck off with a q-tip and now its back to normal.I'm not sure if this is one of those "leaking" issues or not but just wanted to bring it up just in case other want to check for themselves

Hey guys, not sure if this has been brought up and not trying to scare anyone if it hasn't but, as I was packing up for vacation and giving my collection a once over before leaving, I noticed the neck on my Reeve was looking a little glossy. I've noticed it before but though nothing of it but today it looked extra glossy so I took it out and wiped the neck off with a q-tip and now its back to normal.I'm not sure if this is one of those "leaking" issues or not but just wanted to bring it up just in case other want to check for themselves

I have two like that. The other two are fine. I think it's the rubber sweating. Like the leaky abs issue on Batman. I normally just do what you did. Rub it away and forget about it.

I have two like that. The other two are fine. I think it's the rubber sweating. Like the leaky abs issue on Batman. I normally just do what you did. Rub it away and forget about it.

God damn it in this heat my supes is probably a pile of goo now.
Oh well should get it out of the box and let it breath anyway just been waiting for the right time and somewhere to display it.

Got my gloves for handling it as my hands are like sandpaper.
Ridiculous really should just sell the thing and let someone else worry about snagging it:)

Yea mine seems to be fine but just thought I'd bring it up since the last time this happened (Comedian, DX02) the rubber melted/deteriorated. Hopefully this doesn't turn out the same

Kind of shameful - I have all kinds of "rubber," plastic and vinyl/PVC toys dating back over 30 years, some around 40, without any such deterioration. The one exception is actually a plastic cover plate on the bottom of a rubber night-light. Parts of it have become very malleable like taffy - specifically the parts that were in contact with the rubber of the figure/doll.

Custom Superman flying near City Island........Bronx,N.Y
Hence the beautiful background. :yes:

UP, Up and Away!!!

Last edited:

I have noticed this several times on this release. I have two, both are fine, but I saw two very sweaty looking necks on display in Forbidden Planet in London and another in a shop when I was in US recently.
:dunno

Rubber torso is just probably losing it's liquids/oils, sweating like this normally happens as the breakdown/crumbling of the rubber starts.
I wouldn't worry about it.
:lol

Back