Rancor vs. Luke Skywalker Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rancor vs. Luke Skywalker Diorama - Preorder 9/10

Actually I think the Duel of Fates is the closest to a exact scene. If slowed down you can see that scene they copied.

Actually I think the Duel of Fates is the closest to a exact scene. If slowed down you can see that scene they copied.

Even the Ani-Obi dio is close, there is a moment when Anakin jumps on, takes a swing and Obi-Wan dodges it, what I'm trying to say is that none of the dios can be matched to a single frame from the film, they're very closely based off the scenes but some creativity is used to make the piece interesting because it's in 3D instead of a picture on the screen, and even the Rancor piece will likely look very close to the scene in Jedi, but since they go a little creative, it wouldn't surprise me if they used some creative license to make the diorama work. We'll know in a few hours.

I hear ya. I like pretty much all the Dios but have yet to get one.

Looking forward to Vader Vs Luke Dios from V and VI when they get to them. I want Vader Vs Obi Ep III still.

I've liked them all, but some not enough to work them into the budget, been really just getting the ones I really care about.

Passed on Wampa, Space Slug, Droids, Dooku vs. Yoda and Padme vs. Nexu, though I'm thinking of picking up the Padme one, the Nexu paint apps came out really good, it's a sharp looking piece. Dooku Yoda just wasn't that important a duel to me and that mixed with basically just being those 2 on a base didn't make me feel the need to get it. Luke vs Wampa I just wasn't a fan of how Luke was depicted. I like the enviorama pieces, but they weren't any moment I absolutely felt a need to have. If they ever did one of the Pit of Carkoon I'd be all over that one. I'd love a dio of Jabba's main room in the palace, really small characters but just have the whole room, Han on display, almost make it like an arena, make all the walls but only high enough for like Han and such, I think that'd be neat, maybe leave one wall out for viewing, like where the cameras were primarily, I don't know, I'd be up for it.

I have the Duel of the Fates and Ani-Obi dios so far, got the new Vader-Obi one on order, hoping for WL conversion on the Ex., and now I'm anxiously waiting to see how this one turns out.

Cool
I ordered the Vader Vs Obi Wan Ex which I think is too Iconic too pass.
The Jabba room your talking about would be so sweet looking. Good idea
Luke on the Sail Barge giving the ok to R2 would be cool too.

The Rancor will be more of a bust in this dio, just a head's up. :wave

Most of them are, except the Luke/Wampa - which of course occurred off-screen.

The Rancor will be more of a bust in this dio, just a head's up. :wave

yeah... I'm fairly disapointed about that. Luke better blow me away or this won't be bought. :(

If they ever did one of the Pit of Carkoon I'd be all over that one. I'd love a dio of Jabba's main room in the palace, really small characters but just have the whole room, Han on display, almost make it like an arena, make all the walls but only high enough for like Han and such, I think that'd be neat, maybe leave one wall out for viewing, like where the cameras were primarily, I don't know, I'd be up for it.
I'd be all over either of the scenes you just described.

I have never bought a Sideshow diorama (I have a significant amount of the 1/6 line) and was very excited about this being my first. If the Rancor's not a complete figure, I will be EXTREMELY disappointed. A major missed opportunity.

ah a Bust?

Like that ?

200020_press01-001.jpg

If it's not a full Rancor, I'd be very curious to see how the composition of the piece is done to hide the missing body parts, there really wasn't anything in the environment that could hide all that.

:sick Luke looks limp!!!! :monkey2 well thanks SS for saving me money. :monkey4

It's a team-up of Andy B and Trevor Grove. :clap

Oh my, how dreadful. I'm crying.

Back