Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

The head sculpts as well as the body need some work. The body is especially odd. Bruce Lee had an incredible physique, but Hot Toys' sculpt is exaggerated and over-representative, not to mention cartoony in how sinewy the muscles are.

20100729_37a6a655d73e5bdf994cd6nVHVbjPPHf.jpg
1529524_f520.jpg
bruceleeenterthedragon.jpg

20100729_d2b64865638df5853256jnJZ1n67DB85.jpg

To compare, Enterbay's latest Bruce sculpt:
hd_1002_f.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

I guess now HT is going to release Reeves as a normal masterpiece. The question is WHEN ? haha.

I was waiting for a Reeves announcement for the DX4, but I'm really happy about this ETD Bruce, just because I don't have the Enterbay's version.

There seems to be no stand... his ankles must be strong for them to be that confident.

Great figure! :rock The BD sculpt may not be spot-on (the other one is amazing, IMO), but knowing Hot Toys, I'm sure they'll do some tweaking. With that said, I love the look of the figure, and will be picking it up.

A hell of a lot of the fans on facebook seem really happy with this release. A few comments from there...

" Wow you guys totally outdid yourself. Congratulations for completely showing up Enterbay! ".

" yeah, goodbye enterbay
I think BD head version should remodify, not like bruce lee, and quite look like a western people

also, please consider to release 精武門 also!! "

" Sorry Enterbay.......Result show everything...who is the best and who is not......all is about effort....."

Amongst a few other saying wow , omg and must buy. :lol

I'd say it was about 70% of them that seem happy. I'm not surprised most of us aren't happy with a few of the decisions from hot toys lately. It would seem in this case we're the minority.

Maybe the fans oh hot toys in Asia really wanted a Bruce Lee from them ?.

Biggest disappointment of all time...

I love BL, I own several Enterbay, but what? No Supes?

well HT can put their BL where I think. Won't buy the guy. Actually, I think it's a long time before I buy any other HT product, I'm so pissed...

I passed on the other DXs because I wasn't interested by the choices, well looks like DX will be reserved to uninteresting figs.

Thanks HT, I'll be saving money ! :(

EDIT: and the body doesn't look even half as good as the EB figs... total EPIC FAIL!

Agreed!

Hey, I still have a couple of figs for you! but no Black Widow yet!

Is there a big rivalry between hot toys and Enterbay on some of the Asian collecting boards ?.
I don't feel that at all here but it seems a lot of the Asian hot toys fans on facebook are trying to rub Enterbay's face in the fact that hot toys have made this. :lol

The head sculpts as well as the body need some work.

The BD head sculpt does... I really don't want them to mess up the normal sculpt they have... it's great.

The second sculpt looks way better. Well 2 heads are better than 1 anyway... Probably going to get it since I missed the Enterbay version.

Honestly, that looks off too. Compared to the real pics of BL you posted.

Actually, it's pretty close to that exact scene in the film, not perfect, but close. If someone can get a screen-shot... I can't seem to while using this damn cyberlink player.

Someone on facebook said the body looks like this. :lol They're spot on to be fair. :rotfl

https://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/13839/21_2007/he-man.jpg

No, they're totally wrong! He man looks much, MUCH better! :rotfl

Agreed!

Hey, I still have a couple of figs for you! but no Black Widow yet!

Thanks WaiMan. For the moment, I'm not home so can't collect the parcels, but at the end of August, you can ship them, I'll be there!

Cheers! :wave

Is there a big rivalry between hot toys and Enterbay on some of the Asian collecting boards ?.
I don't feel that at all here but it seems a lot of the Asian hot toys fans on facebook are trying to rub Enterbay's face in the fact that hot toys have made this. :lol

It seems that after the Storm Riders incident and enterbay's supposed "cockyness", the asian collectors hate them for some reason. Since I'm not buying Storm Riders I don't see a problem with EB. XD .

guys guys sorry to be a such a noob but i keep seeing "BD"

what does it stand for?

Back