Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Maybe you can make two figures out of the headsculpts you get with this. Then you can have the undamaged Bruce Lee beat up the white guy who is impersonating him
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ME3VAFcwYic&hl=en_GB&fs=1?color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ME3VAFcwYic&hl=en_GB&fs=1?color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
The body is dreadful too

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

IMO laughable choice :mad:

i like the back drop display

This is clearly a complete misunderstanding, you see, Bruce Lee is the Chinese Superman :lol

Hot Toys just got confused

Would be even crazier if the BD head looked as good as the normal one!

Overall I think this looks pretty good. The body is a little over the top and as some have said the none BD head looks best. The base is pretty sweet and is probably the only time I would use a base.

I'm as dissapointed or irate as some. I would have loved Superman but hopefully he will see the light of day soon.

Regardless though, for a representation of Bruce Lee in my collection I would rather have the Enterbay Enter The Dragon 1/4 statue.

Eithery way, for some the DX line is turning into a more "WTF! line!!!"

Nah, its more like "PERS + whatever we feel like" line.

At least it quashes the idea that it has to be a figure already done at some point. And its just fancy base and eyes!

Or have HT done some Bruce Lee figure in the past that I'm not aware of.

And so was Bruce Lee! He was a U.S. citizen - born in San Francisco!

Eh, who cares. This DX choice sucks balls.

Batman, Superman, Cyborgs, Alien/Monsters > Bruce Lee and Michael Jackson.

At least the base isn't just a Dark Knight DX re-hash!

And so was Bruce Lee! He was a U.S. citizen - born in San Francisco!
jackburton.jpg

Am I the only one blown away by this thing then. Not a disappointment at all for me. In fact i'm going to buy it!

No.

I never got my hopes up because the facts weren't there for it to be Superman. Yet the majority of people just weren't in reality. Look at the responses, shoot first ask questions later.

No Superman teasers, no confirmation, no announcements, nothing at the shows or any word, not even the logo license in the Hot Toys 2010/11 catalogue brochure but more were to come! So it's not out the window. Don't get me wrong I too hoped but the facts outweighed the hope. Nothing was concrete at this time.

This just proved one thing though, if it's on the internet they believe it with no questions asked or facts. Just like TV or newspapers, so gullible. Which doesn't take much to be honest with the majority.

Personally I had more thought that it was Mark V, WIP shots were revealed for it. Sometimes I thought it was/may be the Battle Damaged T-800 then when I thought about it more yesterday..., it is just far too soon to reveal it. As it's not that long ago since the clean T-800 was revealed/released and they are doing another run presumably? Hot Toys just wouldn't announce another figure that could damage the sales of their existing.

As for Bruce Lee, I thought the detail was immense for this product no doubt about that but it's not for me though. I have watched some of his films mainly The Dragon the Bruce Lee story. I mainly got into it because of Lauren Holly. The rest of the films I just couldn't get into them and lost interest.

It is a remarkable piece. I especially love this shot.

38976_415467192343_58690437343_5080607_40497_n.jpg

When I first started finding out about these figures nearly 2 years ago that was what I mainly saw, was karate, ninjutsu type figures it just looked the normal to me as it was such a big thing over there. Then I slowly started to find out about the film characters they made which really fascinated me. Then it all started as they appealed to me.

As for this figure I think it's a work of art. If I could get into the films I would have had it ordered but for me it's not even close to a must have. It would be like buying it for the sake of buying it. This figure however makes the Sarah Connor and Black Widow figures look like cheap knock offs. It's night and day you'd almost swear the 4 figures were made by different companies.

Sorry guys but this time Ht has failed. awfully!
I ve the enterbay fist of fury the hd01 and hd02 is coming and i can say this is the ugly cousin of bruce!
All the sundries in this dx04 are smonke on your eyes!
i don't buy a figure becouse it's cheaper then the one from another company or because has a lot of hands or a picture at his back!
Great fail ht! great fail. for those who cant afford enterbay old figures, you know eb will keep puting out new bruce figures especially now that ht has pissed in their courtyard

No.

I never got my hopes up because the facts weren't there for it to be Superman. Yet the majority of people just weren't in reality. Look at the responses, shoot first ask questions later.

No Superman teasers, no confirmation, no announcements, nothing at the shows or any word, not even the logo license in the Hot Toys 2010/11 catalogue brochure but more were to come! So it's not out the window. Don't get me wrong I too hoped but the facts outweighed the hope. Nothing was concrete at this time.

This just proved one thing though, if it's on the internet they believe it with no questions asked or facts. Just like TV or newspapers, so gullible. Which doesn't take much to be honest with the majority.

Personally I had more thought that it was Mark V, WIP shots were revealed for it. Sometimes I thought it was/may be the Battle Damaged T-800 then when I thought about it more yesterday..., it is just far too soon to reveal it. As it's not that long ago since the clean T-800 was revealed/released and they are doing another run presumably? Hot Toys just wouldn't announce another figure that could damage the sales of their existing.

As for Bruce Lee, I thought the detail was immense for this product no doubt about that but it's not for me though. I have watched some of his films mainly The Dragon the Bruce Lee story. I mainly got into it because of Lauren Holly. The rest of the films I just couldn't get into them and lost interest.

It is a remarkable piece. I especially love this shot.

38976_415467192343_58690437343_5080607_40497_n.jpg

When I first started finding out about these figures nearly 2 years ago that was what I mainly saw, was karate, ninjutsu type figures it just looked the normal to me as it was such a big thing over there. Then I slowly started to find out about the film characters they made which really fascinated me. Then it all started as they appealed to me.

As for this figure I think it's a work of art. If I could get into the films I would have had it ordered but for me it's not even close to a must have. It would be like buying it for the sake of buying it. This figure however makes the Sarah Connor and Black Widow figures look like cheap knock offs. It's night and day you'd almost swear the 4 figures were made by different companies.

Finally, a sensible post :goodpost:

What's funny to me is, a lot of people complained exactly like this when HT announced Michael Jackson BAD as the third DX figure. Meanwhile HT's bank account grew larger. :lol

there was one displayed in the shop I am working in (I work for the HT dealer here) for two months and it's really not as impressive as those proto pics would have led you to believe.

Would that be XL Shop.com say Hi to Uncle Loong:wave

I have no idea who this is supposed to be.
38976_415467182343_58690437343_5080605_8013168_n.jpg

39360_415467592343_58690437343_5080618_5007427_n.jpg

This however is perfect.
39360_415467617343_58690437343_5080623_1765117_n.jpg

39360_415467627343_58690437343_5080625_3102389_n.jpg

The hall of mirrors version is terrible as people have said. The body has way to much muscle definition. It looks a little to bulky as well.

The fully clothed ones look great. It actually looks like Bruce Lee and the clothing hides the terrible body. They may be good enough for me to consider buying. The hall of mirrors version would never be displayed though.

It looks great if you use the undamaged head and cover the body, but that makes the backdrop completely redundant.

As for the Ha ha it's not Superman, Drop it, because it's getting tired already. Same goes for the Boo-hoo it's not Superman guys too

Back