Sideshow/Adam Hughes Lara Croft Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my first polystone statue. So yea, my jaw just dropped when I took her out. :drool Amazing work Sideshow!!

262o7sy.jpg

6ftxlj.jpg

Got mine today, love it. I am concerned about the map though. Its fairly thin waxed type paper... I hope it holds its shape.

Quick pic for size comparison with the SS PF

P1020771.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. This is one of SSC's best Comiquettes. I just wish it was bigger. I'll definitely have to pick this one up.

Mine just arrived. Great statue, but the map is a complete piece of ____! I don't understand how they thought they could release it like this. The map is incredible thin and flimsy, and the space under her thumbs on mine can barely hold it only in one spot. If I breathe near it, it falls off.

Anyways, other than that I'm happy with it.

its pretty nice, but i dont have any regrets cancelling this one. Her eyes just dont do it for me, i think there too big and i dont like the masculine cheek bones.

This is my first polystone statue. So yea, my jaw just dropped when I took her out. :drool Amazing work Sideshow!!

262o7sy.jpg

6ftxlj.jpg

inster, can you take real nice tight close ups of her face from the side profile, angled, and dead on where she's staring right at us. I want to see how well her face was painted. I canceled and may get her depending on how well her face paint apps came out. Crisper the better.

Thanks in advance!

Here's some pics of mine:

IMG_4337.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

IMG_4382.jpg

IMG_4343.jpg

IMG_4346.jpg

IMG_4359.jpg

IMG_4352.jpg

IMG_4354.jpg

IMG_4363.jpg

IMG_4381.jpg

I love everything about the statue except how hard it is to keep the flimsy map in her hands. I ultimately decided to use a speck of fun-tak under the thumb on each hand to keep it more secure.

Did anyone else have that problem? Like it can only hold the map at one particular position, and it can fall out real easily?

EDIT: I found that if she holds it with her right hand from the side instead of the bottom (like in Sideshow's photos), you get a slightly more secure and natural looking hold of the map. It can still fall out pretty easily though.

Last edited:
inster, can you take real nice tight close ups of her face from the side profile, angled, and dead on where she's staring right at us. I want to see how well her face was painted. I canceled and may get her depending on how well her face paint apps came out. Crisper the better.

Thanks in advance!

Hope that helps.

2j2atug.jpg

To display the map I just folded up two small pieces of paper towel and slid it in the opening of the thumbs. Then I was able to get a tight fit when the map was placed inside the opening of the thumbs. I am unable to see the paper towel inserts that I applied and it won't damage the piece either.

Great Pics everyone! :clap

has anybody had any issues yet, got mine acouple of days ago but have not opened her yet

Back