Sideshow/Adam Hughes Lara Croft Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on your pick-up man, and at a great price too if ebay's prices are any indication. She's by far my favorite piece of my modest collection (she's a special one to me, on top of being just plain gorgeous). Gonna pick myself up the Hughes PF one of these days too.

I had the shock of a lifetime today. Went out of my way to some shopping mall I've never been to, and stumbled upon a small hobby store. The first thing I see when I enter is Lara sitting on the top shelf of a display case on the side wall, alongside a Doom LSF, Gethsemoni, and a Red Hulk PF. I've been wanting this piece for years, but really didn't want to shell out the $600+ asking price on eBay. Knowing her going price, I quickly inspected the piece for a tag, and was shocked again to see her selling for MSRP ($250)!

Needless to say I scooped her right up. The owner of the store let me know that he's had the statue since it came out, but never raised the price.

I'm still in complete shock at the find, and am absolutely loving the statue in hand. First thing I did was make a custom map, but now she's good to go!

Here are the pics:

UuC5jad.jpg

dvXPQjd.jpg

7yJHTNR.jpg

xMHgzWn.jpg

sAlWkQU.jpg

kyaiMtv.jpg

That is a great find! I still have mine and love her. Looking at her paint job, it makes me sad to look at the paint that comes on some SSC pieces these days...IM IP PF...cough cough!

I hate you :(
- This is still one of my most wanted statues. I missed the proverbial boat and have yet to find one at a favourable price..

I got one recently at a decent price at a local shop too :) But it was more around $400 after tax not the MSRP.

Sorry for the Bump - I've posted a Wanted thread, but I just wanted to put a note on here too. Guys (and Girls) I'm desperate for this piece; so If anyone has one to sell please let me know!

Regards

Extremely pleased to confirm that I managed to locate and secure a Snow Day Lara.
:blissy:bunnydanc:fireworks:fireworks:woo:woo

I had to pay a lot to get here, but one of my most wanted pieces is now safely in the Cabinet :yess:
- Here is a quick 2 minute unboxing video I put together earlier (first ever so go easy :monkey3):

Thanks Darth! :hi5:

As much as I absolutely love GG BW, this piece is by far my favourite.
- I'll never let go of mine heh

Congratz on finding this one. Such an underrated piece. the detail and paint job is superb.

:hi5:

I couldn't agree more with regard to the attention to detail and paint job.
- Stunning, just stunning!

Back