NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I think the figure looks great. I'll agree the eyes and lips are painted a bit strange but the sculpt is still the same one we all loved in the 7 inch scale.
I hope TRU carries these on their site soon.

The rest of it looks just fine. I'd probably go ahead and buy it if not for the clutter I'm dealing with and money not being infinite, but in my position I have to allow flaws (like the eyes and mouth) to stop me from buying something.

It's accurate to the latest bluray release...:monkey3:monkey3

stewie-head-turn.gif

You would think with the increase in size that they would be able to add more detail in the face sculpt, but this looks identical to the 7 inch figure...Just blown up in size. This is a no buy for me.

And what's up with the eyes? He looks like he's possessed.
Oh, come on ppl, those are the pictures of a repaint by Sato Tong. Original neca painting is even worse.

You know, it's funny. I kept looking at that Dutch and asking myself, why does the one I posted links to here ( https://figurehobbyclub.tw/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=11931 ) look so different?
So it's a repaint! Actually, the repaint I didn't like at all especially in the mascara-like eyes and darker lips. Click the link above and look at the real production Dutch.
I think most will agree NECA's factory paint looks better than the repaint.

Agreed. Lower-half of his face still looks terrible IMO. Lips are too dark and the sculpted stubble is just awful. I would rather they left it out, honestly.

This Dutch figure would be great to customize. Would make a great base for a Conan or what I would like to do is get one and make him covered in mud and make a spear for him. The mud would hide all those crazy joints too.

Further proof they need to finally make the Wolf!!!!
How is that proof.....I don't know, but they still need to FINALLY make him!

just got dutch today, quick vid with my iphone, full review tomorrow
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J7XNKmMYGA&feature=share&list=UU7DgLSepS8BxU7z2S7rITLA[/ame]
head sculpt is incredible guys, no duck face in hand

Thanks for the first look, but it looks like its going to be to small to truly be 1/4 scale based on the fact that there predators are undersized and if that dutch is smaller than them he would be undersized for 1/4 scale to.

Thanks for the first look, but it looks like its going to be to small to truly be 1/4 scale based on the fact that there predators are undersized and if that dutch is smaller than them he would be undersized for 1/4 scale to.

I think he scales fine. taller so than the 7" compared to the pred. and also considering the sideshow pf even looks out of scale to the neca pred your only hold out would be for hot toys. but look at their 1/4 bale compared to enterbays and they run small. add to that the long shot they will ever make a Dutch in 1/4 plus the wait. and you might as well call it a day on owning a 1/4 Dutch lol.

Hey toomanyfigures,

Thanks so much for posting this video, man! I was already excited about this figure but watching your video increased my excitement even more. Any flaws or concerns pointed out in the last few pages were erased after viewing your video. Dutch looks incredible! Great posing too!

Hey toomanyfigures,

Thanks so much for posting this video, man! I was already excited about this figure but watching your video increased my excitement even more. Any flaws or concerns pointed out in the last few pages were erased after viewing your video. Dutch looks incredible! Great posing too!

awesome, stay tuned for HD review up next lol, ill post link as soon as it goes up

Totally missed this figure coming.
I have the open mouthed pred and one with bio and was even thinking of selling, as these 1/4 scales take up so much space.
Seeing that vid makes me think again.
The singlet vest is sculpted into the body right?
Guess you could sand it down if you wanted to make a muddy version, that would be my choice.
Look forward to seeing him in hd;)

Back