Kong:Next 30 days(?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wax murderer

Super Freak
Reaction score
According to this week's newsletter, the Kong Armature ships next month(after 2 delays!).It's also sold out.Am I the only one who's psyched?...PS

hell no :rock

I

can

not

wait!!

KING_KONG_poster.jpg

I got my notice from Adam at DSC ... I am ready for mine! :monkey5

Spoke to Customer Service yesterday(my wife was worried about the FLEXpayments). and found out some truly stellar news: for those of us who ordered early(and are therefore looking at our last payment) the Eighth Wonder will ship @5-10 days after said payment is made(Mar.5).What does this mean? It means, my friends, that our waiting is nearly at an end! Our patience is about to be rewarded! The King is Coming(and I don't mean that empty-headed white-trash hillbilly from Memphis!). All Hail Rama Kong!!...PS

:banana Just received my notification that the King shipped out today! Woohoo! Can't wait!! :banana

I get mine Friday from Adam!!! I originally had him on Flexpay, put took Sideshow up on their offer to cancel without fees and refund the first payment once they knew he was going to be delayed! Saved a bunch!!! :D

lcummins said:
I get mine Friday from Adam!!! I originally had him on Flexpay, put took Sideshow up on their offer to cancel without fees and refund the first payment once they knew he was going to be delayed! Saved a bunch!!! :D
yeah I came REALLY close to doing the same.
but with the delays/problems in production, I was immediately worried about issues with the finished product.
This is the main reason I kept my order direct.

occulum said:
yeah I came REALLY close to doing the same.
but with the delays/problems in production, I was immediately worried about issues with the finished product.
This is the main reason I kept my order direct.

Ah! But you would have no worries with Adam either!!! :D

lcummins said:
Ah! But you would have no worries with Adam either!!! :D

True dat! I should have it in-hand by the end of next week. You lucky Texans .... Lonnie. :p

I've had mine for about a week, now.

I'm not quite certain what I think about it; It's not as advertised on Sideshow's site, nor does it reflect the description on the box of what the armature can accomplish.

I need to spend a little more time with it, but, I'm learning toward returning it. I've read both positive and negative reviews about it on other boards, and, I'm such a big 1933 Kong Fan that I fear my anticipation of this piece and my nostalgia for the film may be clouding my judgment.

That's all I'll say for now, until you guys have it in-hand and we can all compare notes and impressions.

Do be careful removing it from the styrofoam, and, don't be too surprised when you discover the armature cannot stand on it's own.

This item is a major candidate for a Production Blog how-to entry.

Got my shipping notice today; it should be here by the end of the week. Can't wait to play with it. Frank, are the pieces numbered( as in"X of 500")? Not that it makes a difference, but it would add to the mystique...PS

Kong #128 has just arrived! :monkey5 Haven't opened him up yet - but I'll post when I get him out of the box and in a safe place!

Adam has shipped mine, it is set to arrive on Weds. :chew <------ use your imagination, it is almost a gorilla.

# 114 arrived safely at @ 14:00 yesterday. He's already found a place of honour on top of my wife's doll cabinet in the living room. I must say that I am thoroughly pleased with him. The only major differences between him and the original would seem to be materials, a few extra joints(that I'm not entirely sure of) and weight, which is a function of the materials. The steel and alluminum original is probably not as heavy as this guy, and no doubt stronger as well. I expect to spend a week or so getting familiar with the quirks of this piece. By then I might figure out a way to get him up onto his hind legs; For now, he's in a very characteristic 3 point stance that seems pretty stable(so far). Do I regret buying him? HELL NO! Would I try to animate him. Doubtful, if only because of the weight issue( stripping the threads on his limb segments would SO suck). Call me a happy Kong-o-phile...PS

Back