Kong:Next 30 days(?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOTRFan said:
But since I have never received two statues of the same number, I guess I will be no help to Tom. :monkey2 :lol
yeah but that means your DUE!!! :lol

lcummins said:
I know! :D But now I'm afraid to reveal my number... :monkey3

Do it .... :ccheerlea :ted

Honestly, I don't really get caught up too much on numbers - I just found getting 42 particularly ironic, esp since I predicted it earlier today. :lol

lcummins said:
Yeah, I love it, but I actually think Occ got the best number for Kong! :D
me too!

:chew :chew :chew

I was thinkin the only numbers Id think were comparable to me would be 1-5 though, and you fit in that category! #5 is awesome!

I did notice the Certificate states that 25 APs were produced also

read that he can't stand on his hind legs. so does his feet have pegs that insert into the base or is he freestanding on the base?

Mookeylama said:
read that he can't stand on his hind legs. so does his feet have pegs that insert into the base or is he freestanding on the base?
he has bolts that go thru the base from the bottom and screw into the feet.
works perfect

here a couple quick pics

kongarmjs5.jpg

kongssk0.jpg

carbo-fation said:
That looks great! It really is to scale with the Weta piece! Nicely done sideshow!

And it is the "T-Rex" Kong too, I can't wait to get home and set mine up! :monkey5

First off, I MUST apologize for the pics - I had to take them VERY fast as I was late for work (where I am now). I am going to re-visit this and take some pics that do justice to this AMAZING piece. Wow, I wish I had more time with it, to really study and pose it properly. What a marvel, it sure does give you a sense of wonder at the genius behind stop-motion animation. I knew I had to have this piece ever since it was first announced, growing up I had a profound love for most films with stop-motion in them; and none more than the grandest of them all ------ KING KONG.

Thanks Adam for the great deal!

KongArmature001.jpg

KongArmature003.jpg

Notice the weathering in the following two shots:

KongArmature005.jpg

KongArmature006.jpg

KongArmature010.jpg

Insane detail on the fingers:
KongArmature013.jpg

With his newer cousin:

KongArmature018.jpg

This piece will take some real time to adequately set-up and get read for display. If ever SS should have done a behind-the-scenes how to, it would have been now. The armature connects to the base through two holes that have been pre-made and connect to the soles of the feet. You are also given an open and allen wrench to tighten the feet.

Great pics! The detail and weathering is amazing. And it looks perfect next to the Weta piece.

Well, #114 has been here about a week now, and I've gotten a handle on the basics for working with him. I've reached 3 conclusions:
1) I don't regret a penny of his price.
2) Sideshow has hit a home-run with this one.
3) With a little patience, he'll do just about anything.
So far, I've reposed him twice. Here's his original pose...
PICT0002.jpg

A fairly stable 3-point set-up. After about 3 days I started thinking about the tools that came with him...
PICT0007.jpg

The purpose for the Allen wrench was obvious; the crescent wrench had me wondering, until I started "monkeying" around with it(sorry, couldn't resist). Turns out the small end fits the bolts on his spine; the large end is for his arms and legs. If one tightens them GENTLY, you can get him into a pose like this:
PICT0006.jpg

PICT0019-2.jpg

Even more impressive when he's up high!
PICT0001.jpg

Call me a happy trooper(in spite of appearances, I am not and never have been stoned!)...PS

Back