8 HT's Scar Preds $200 each....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gofourindian

Super Freak
Reaction score
There was a guy from the UK selling 8 HT's NIB Scars for $200USD each on Ebay. He had them listed as a Pre-order in the auction, didn't take PayPal....seemed kinda fishy to me. They didn't last long though! I considered it....but the not taking PayPal and his feedback wasn't the greatest either made me leary.

There was a guy from the UK selling 8 HT's NIB Scars for $200USD each on Ebay. He had them listed as a Pre-order in the auction, didn't take PayPal....seemed kinda fishy to me. They didn't last long though! I considered it....but the not taking PayPal and his feedback wasn't the greatest either made me leary.

thats VERY fishy

thats VERY fishy

fishy_small.jpg

I bought a scar and celtic off him. I have asked him a few questions about the sales and I will not be sending him anything until he responds. The thing is I have worked with him twice before Iand he was great to deal with.
Still not sure on this one ?!.

I bought a scar and celtic off him. I have asked him a few questions about the sales and I will not be sending him anything until he responds. The thing is I have worked with him twice before Iand he was great to deal with.
Still not sure on this one ?!.
I hope it works out for ya. I was wondering what the Pre-order was about on these.... I was going to ask, but didn't get around to it. They sold awfully fast and I already have one. It would have been nice to get another to keep or flip later.
Keep us updated.

Last edited:
This sounds like the "preorder scam" that I've heard of, and no paypal with their proved buyer protection.
Correct me if I'm wrong here but you only have 45 days to dispute a ebay purchase and paypal offers 60 days to dispute a payment.

Kiss your money goodbye if you don't didpute it before those deadlines and is this Nochex payment system even made through ebay?

Trust me I'm not sending this guy jack until I find out everything about this sale.
I think he actually ows a retail store though in the UK.

hmm same here, I bought a scar and celtic but I don't know if I'm going to end up sending the cash... This is too good to be true...

The thing that bugs me about this guy is his feedback....everything is private. Even most items he has sold and received feedback from is hidden. So you can't even check to see if anyone has gotten any Preds from him. This is just is too shaky for me. If he had Paypal sure...at least your covered if he stiffs you. The way he does it you have no protection. And I've never heard of nochex.

Hey Hicks....what did you get before from him? Was it a high end item? What method of payment did he accept then?

The thing that bugs me about this guy is his feedback....everything is private. Even most items he has sold and received feedback from is hidden. So you can't even check to see if anyone has gotten any Preds from him. This is just is too shaky for me. If he had Paypal sure...at least your covered if he stiffs you. The way he does it you have no protection. And I've never heard of nochex.

Hey Hicks....what did you get before from him? Was it a high end item? What method of payment did he accept then?
https://www.nochex.com/ looks like a UK paypal type of service. does sound to good to be true though. if it's all legit then there will be some very happy campers around here. :chew

https://www.nochex.com/ looks like a UK paypal type of service. does sound to good to be true though. if it's all legit then there will be some very happy campers around here. :chew

There sure will be! The only thing with Nochex is I didn't see any buyer protection like Paypal has. Now, seeing as how you use a credit card to fund this perhaps you can get protection from them if you get stiffed. But that in itself could be a nightmare. I suppose if I really wanted one bad enough I would take the chance after checking my CC company to make sure I'm covered. I hope it works out for all involved and they get what they pay for.

There sure will be! The only thing with Nochex is I didn't see any buyer protection like Paypal has. Now, seeing as how you use a credit card to fund this perhaps you can get protection from them if you get stiffed. But that in itself could be a nightmare. I suppose if I really wanted one bad enough I would take the chance after checking my CC company to make sure I'm covered. I hope it works out for all involved and they get what they pay for.
your right. it's just a money transfer co. https://help.nochex.com/esupport/index.php?_a=knowledgebase&_j=questiondetails&_i=144&nav=+%26gt%3B+%3Ca+href%3D%27index.php%3F_a%3Dknowledgebase%26_j%3Dsubcat%26_i%3D47%27%3EFraud+Prevention%2FSecurity%3C%2Fa%3E I would not send anything! no contact for two days??? someone please post some more photos of fish. :lol

Back