Poll: Who do you hate more? Ewoks or Jar Jar Binks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you hate more?

• Ewoks

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Jar Jar Binks

Votes: 76 80.9%

• Total voters

NASEDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
It seems the two most hated characters from Star Wars are the Ewoks from the OT and Jar Jar Binks from the PT. But who do people really hate more?

NASEDO said:
It seems the two most hated characters from Star Wars are the Ewoks from the OT and Jar Jar Binks from the PT. But who do people really hate more?

George Lucas, the later years, for raping my childhood with horrible prequels.

Ewoks by far.
They very nearly destroyed my love of Star Wars.
Jar Jar is annoying, but he's got some funny moments. Ewoks are just silly, they have no redeeming features whatsoever, and the fact that three ewoks can jump an imperial stormtrooper and disable him with sticks and stones is more insulting than anything in the prequels.

I like the Ewoks personally. I get a kick out of them in ROTJ. Jar Jar to me is far more annoying.

William Shatners Toupee said:
George Lucas, the later years, for raping my childhood with horrible prequels.

Well, something I find to be true that I saw at Rebelscum. PT+OT=SW The prequels are anything but horrible and some OT fans really need to get over it. I personally love both they awesome and together make for one hell of a story.

People hate Ewoks are just looking for something to hate.

Also a bit a trivia, the Dreadnoks from the 80's GI Joe line was originally intended to be a punk versions of Ewoks. I kid you not.

Ewoks and Jar Jar are annoying to me but I still can watch them on a regular basis and get past it. If I had to pick which is most annoying, it would be Jar Jar. I find the way they made him speak more annoying than anything else about him, that and the way he walks.

I tend to hate those who have anything to hate about Star Wars, period. :lol

I can even take the holiday special. :horror That's right. Hardcore fan.

The Ewoks at least had a purpose. Jar Jar could have been cut completely. The Jedi could have taken a battle droid STAT to go to theed, they could have simply stumbled upon their hiding place at the end of TPM. Someone else could have given Palpatine emergency powers (Bail?). Other than that, Jar Jar was pretty useless.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I voted Jar Jar simply because the Ewoks never uttered the phrase "Exsqueeze me!"

Yeah, but did Jar Jar sing the "Yub Nub" song? I think not! :rolleyes:

However, the Ewoks (namely Wicket) had lots of annoying things to say in "The Ewok Adventure and "Battle for Endor" TV "epics".:monkey4

jlcmsu said:
The prequels are anything but horrible and some OT fans really need to get over it. I personally love both they awesome and together make for one hell of a story.

I have nothing to add but agreement; just thought this beared repeating.

Buttmunch said:
The Ewoks at least had a purpose. Jar Jar could have been cut completely. The Jedi could have taken a battle droid STAT to go to theed, they could have simply stumbled upon their hiding place at the end of TPM. Someone else could have given Palpatine emergency powers (Bail?). Other than that, Jar Jar was pretty useless.

You're missing the whole subplot of symbiotic relationships and finding balance in all things -- such as the force and the Chlormidians that live in all cells. Jar Jar and Padme on the ship was needed for her to put aside her predujdice against the Gungans and allowed her to work with them. It also gave her the knowlege that they had a powerful army that she could use which played into her decision to go back to Naboo at the end of act 2. Without Jar Jar, they would have stayed on Coruscant and never had that great act 3 showdown.

I only voted for Jar Jar because I couldn't vote for the whole Gungan race. Boss Nass is almost as annoying as Jar Jar. What's with the head shake and spitting?

Jar Jar is a fart joke. He's a poor attempt to capture a younger audience that backfired big time on GL. I wish GL would go back and re-edit the movie and take most of his parts out.

JarJar Binks hands down. I waited 16 long years for the next Star Wars movie, went in opening day, all excited. Then JarJar shows up... and it went downhill from there. By the fourth viewing, all I was looking forward to was the duel between Kenobi and Maul. And I still can't get over how Kenobi finishes Maul. It's just so fake!! Maul just stands there! Couldn't the stunt team come up with a better idea to make it more believable how Kenobi overcomes Maul?

And 3000 boys were auditioned and Jake Lloyd was the best they could come up with? Ugghhh :monkey4

I still loves me OT, and if it were important enough for me, I would spend the time to do my own "Phantom Edit" but I can't be bothered. LOTR rules because it didn't dumb down things for the 6 year olds. At least there was some redemption with ROTS but even there there is enough to pick on, just not as much as Episode I and II.

Peace out!

Beren

Jar Jar by a mile. The Ewoks weren't exactly my favorite part of the Star Wars saga, but Jar Jar is the worst idea Lucas ever had. I hate that character with a passion!

I've never been the Ewoks biggest fan but I don't see why they get so much hate. I think GL's intention was to show that the "little guy" with the right spirit can rise up and have their day against bigger,more powerful foes and in that respect the Ewoks worked. Jar Jar & the Gungans on the other hand were like many PT characters and only written into the story to give ILM some more CGI work and had they not been there I doubt the story would have changed much. Having a comedy character would have been fine if it had been done in a more subtle way but the toilet humor we got from Binks was lame and it did little to help win him any popularity contests. Maybe if the rest of TPM had been halfway decent Jar Jar & the Gungans probably wouldn't have stood out so much but as the film could only manage one scene that was of any quality (the final lightsaber duel) the Gungans became easy targets for people to blame for their huge disappointment in the first new Star Wars film for 16 years. I don't think they were totally to blame but they certainly didn't help.

My kids absolutely love Jar-Jar Binks. As far as they are concerned, George Lucas is a genius for creating him. They don't care that much for the Ewoks, so I voted for them. Personally, neither one of the two really bug me.

I actually feel bad that Sideshow will not be giving us a 12" or PF Jar-Jar, nor is Gentle Giant likely to give us a mini-bust. I would buy any and all of those. Actually, I would really like a 1:1 Jar-Jar bust from Sideshow more than any of the previous items. Along with Yoda, I think that he is one of the most recognizable alien creatures from the Star Wars universe, due to all of his bad publicity. Was Wicket ever on the cover of Rolling Stone?

Back