Poll: Who do you hate more? Ewoks or Jar Jar Binks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you hate more?

• Ewoks

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Jar Jar Binks

Votes: 76 80.9%

• Total voters
Same here Tom. My kids also really like JJB. Personally, I don't dislike one or the other. Both served their purpose in the story, and tought us something in the process. Bring on 1/4 PF JJB! :)

Was Wicket ever on the cover of Rolling Stone?

That would be "YES".
SW_rollingstone.jpeg

The first time I saw TPM I thought Jar-jar was annoying but not inexcusable. Jake Lloyd pissed me off more because he was such a horrible actor. But on subsequent viewings Jar-Jar became even more annoying than young Jake and I think Georgie ought to ret-con him out as much as possible in future editions.

Darklord Dave said:
The first time I saw TPM I thought Jar-jar was annoying but not inexcusable. Jake Lloyd pissed me off more because he was such a horrible actor. But on subsequent viewings Jar-Jar became even more annoying than young Jake and I think Georgie ought to ret-con him out as much as possible in future editions.
I think Jake Lloyd gets a bad rap. His acting was fine, the problem was he was acting the character the way it was written.

"Are you an angel?"

"Yippee!"

"Now this is pod racing!"

It's not his fault Lucas wrote that character to be silly and annoying.

jlcmsu said:
The prequels are anything but horrible and some OT fans really need to get over it. I personally love both they awesome and together make for one hell of a story.

Everyone is entitled to thier different views, likes, and dislikes. I'm cool and accepting of that. That's what makes the unverse diverse and great, even though I know you are wrong.

I mean, hey, some people think Pedophelia is okay. Other people like the Star Wars Prequels. See the connection?
Pedopiles are bad, and illegal, (as they should be). Some day, perhaps blindly loving everything about a series franchise you like like a mindless lemming will be illegal too. But today they are not. God bless you.

And until that day, Star Trek fans can love EVERY series of Star Trek Paramount poops out without waivering because heaven forbid the Great Bird of the Galaxy could drop a wet one and do any wrong. Voyager was for you.

You can love every entry in the Alien series as much as the first two, perhaps even finding the fourth one to be the best. Ripley clone rocked!

To you, blind genre lover, and all of the millions of dollars in revenue you help generate, the hollywood studios thank, and salute you.

Your drop in standards or having no free thought what-so-ever has molded you into the tool on which further atrocious franchises will be built.

"Aim for the head, boys, we have a zombie."

(by the way, j/k!) :rotfl

Last edited:
I just don't like Jar Jar Binks that much because he caused the downfall of the Republic:

PALPATINE:"Let's see, WHO will vote to give me supreme power over the Republic? Hmmm."

MAS AMEDDA:"If only Amidala were here, she is smart and would give all power to you."

JAR JAR:"Oh, oh! I'll vote to give all power to you!"

Oh... I thought that was Paploo.

I really don't know which Ewok that is? Besides, who's looking at the Ewok?

------------------------

And WST - I think you're a bit off assuming your opinion is more right than anyone elses'. :monkey3

There are good and bad in everything; including Voyager, Enterprise, Alien 3 & 4 and the PT; just as there is good and bad in ST:TNG, ST:TOS, Alien, Aliens and the OT. Following the mindless masses who routinely proclaim the "accepted wisdom" that something is bad or good is also being a mindless zombie isn't it? Why insist that those that can find some entertainment value in things you don't like are wrong?

Oh, just kidding by the way...:cool:

Darklord Dave said:
And WST - I think you're a bit off assuming your opinion is more right than anyone elses'.

Of course mine is! If there's anyone in this room who's opinion is more right than mine I want them found and shot immediately! (bastardizing a really great HHGTTG quote).:naughty

I didn't vote. Neither Ewoks nor Jar Jar bother me in the slightest anymore.

Not even Padme and little Annie bug me that much, and Wald is bothersome, but not a mortal sin.

In the end, there is one single moment in the entire saga that still makes me cringe. It's after little Jake wins the race. His mother says the most fakey, forced, rotten piece of dialogue I have ever born witness to.
"CongratuLATions, Annie! You have brought hope to those who have none! I'm SO proud of you."

Hope to those who have none? Wha..? The hell does that mean?

Feh. I say feh to Shmi Skywalker. She deserved to die, and I hope she burns in hell. :emperor

As bas as little Jake's acting was, he was like 9. Bad dialog doesn't help him any either.

Jar Jar is an abomination to the entire SW Universe. And the sad thing is he could've so easily been redeemed in the battle. Instead of having him be a coward who lucks into killing things(getting his foot tangled in the droid and having it kill people as he tried to shake it off, bobling the energy ball into the droid causing the thing to crash). He could've all of a sudden found his courage and been a worthy character. But NOOOOOOOOO, GL had to find his appeal to kids. Way to go George. Can you name me another SW character that gets farted on? I didn't think so, discussion over!

Dakota Fanning was 9 once and she was/is brilliant as an actress. Haley Joel Osment was 9 or 10 when he did 6th Sense. There ARE decent kid actors out there. Sure the dialogue was bad, but if Mark Hamill can pull it off, they could have cast a kid that could too.

Booyah! said:
I can even take the holiday special. :horror That's right. Hardcore fan.

I remembered seeing that as a kid and then thought I dreamed it till about 10 years later. As a kid I thought it was good. I got it last week on DVD and man it blows chunks!.

But I still had to own a copy ;)

As for who I hate ewoks or Jar Jar - Jar Jar hands down. Jar Jar reminded me of a white guy trying to be black and failing badly. Maybe they should have used him for the Pretty Fly for a White Guy video.

Darklord Dave said:
Dakota Fanning was 9 once and she was/is brilliant as an actress. Haley Joel Osment was 9 or 10 when he did 6th Sense. There ARE decent kid actors out there. Sure the dialogue was bad, but if Mark Hamill can pull it off, they could have cast a kid that could too.

After seeing The 6th Sense that same summer, I always wondered if Halel tried out for Anakin because I know he could've done a better job. But no one can do a good job with "Yippee".

Well we do have the TV show coming. I found an article about it from March 06'

"Turning up at last night's Sony Ericsson Empire Awards, "Star Wars" producer Rick McCallum confirmed to Empire Online that George Lucas has approved an "Indiana Jones IV script and returned it to Spielberg for more polishing.

He also says the Star Wars TV show is a go - "That's not going to happen probably for another year and a half while we develop scripts and everything else. But it's fantastic; we've got some incredible writers. It's going to be much darker, much more character-based, and I think it's going to be everything the fans always wanted the prequels to be. They'll be one-hour episode. It takes place between Episodes III and IV. It's going to be all-new characters, maybe a few bounty hunters in there to start the series off".

Lucas is currently penning the script for his long-cherished World War II fighter pilots film "Red Tails" before sending it out to other writers towards years end and then gets filming on it next year."

Back