1/6 Hot Toys - Loki - God Loki Figure (Artisan Edition & Regular Sculpted)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the last one I think. I was stuck in a loop getting "cart-jacked" --SS this time was extra buggy. I didn't give up and secured both, with Artisan at the end. Jump on the waitlist if you really want him, the hype will die down and peeps will have to pay at ship time--there is still a chance. Congrats to all that secured him!
Not sure if I really want him; trying to ratchet back my purchases - thanks for the encouragement tho! I'd thought with the Avengers Loki, Ragnarok; and Sylvie and Loki it sort of was a good arc for the character on the shelf, since he spends a lot of the show in the tie/jacket. E.g. I've got most of his looks, except for maybe bashing a black suit Loki.

Suppose Loki on the throne would be a nice addition; for me tho don't know that it's critical. LOL in the meantime I can save some points - hope - and get some of these costs knocked down.

But congrats to those who really wanted him and got in. (y)

I think this is an excellent example that the endtimes are truly upon us. I also think this is my 4th or 5th Loki figure, which is also embarrassing.

Nah, I've got every Cap and Bucky. Buy what u like. I don't even own a Thanos :horror . I've got the artisan SW on order - and I own the original CW version (still not sure about that, but the new base looks cool and I like rooted hair).

Was not planning to get this at all, but it's a great sculpt so I joined queue about 5 minutes late and got spot 47, so picked up the artisan. Their whole queue illusion is clearly just a UX trick that does not seem to work very well! Can probably be severely juked by some proxy juggling.

Was not planning to get this at all, but it's a great sculpt so I joined queue about 5 minutes late and got spot 47, so picked up the artisan. Their whole queue illusion is clearly just a UX trick that does not seem to work very well! Can probably be severely juked by some proxy juggling.
The bit where the message "someone else has this in their cart, try in a few minutes" is *&^% :poop:

I tried. Waitlisted. Not that irate was kinda on the fence whether I wanted this version at all.
I lean towards the sculpted for this one honestly. It looks great since Hot Toys captured his strands well and you save $160. Can't go wrong with either unless if Hot Toys drops the ball on production with the rooted.

9tAOEQd.jpeg

nxyZtTY.jpeg

and now you REALLY want it? :joy
:lol What I REALLY want, (wtf) is the classic Loki. Except I don't want to pay full price.

After I got Sylvie (on the SW discount) and she works so well with TVA Loki - and Richard Grant was so good as the character "old Loki" - it's grown on me I want him too.

This Loki - maybe/probably - tho it's weird what bugs people. Just realized the effects behind the throne are a cardboard backdrop. That annoys me because it would be so much better to have a green resin something-or-other that lit up. Cheap, cheap. :pfft:

I lean towards the sculpted for this one honestly. It looks great since Hot Toys captured his strands well and you save $160. Can't go wrong with either unless if Hot Toys drops the ball on production with the rooted.

Yeah, my other Lokis have sculpted hair, so not that irritated. The one I'm really mad about is Jack Sparrow. Suppose I'd be irate about missing an artisan Thor too. Only have the Roadworn and, obviously, you can barely move the head.

But now I've got time to think about it; and maybe save some points. ~300$ isn't that inexpensive either tho you do get a fair amount - throne, effects. Also am wondering if the crown will come off - for those scenes it doesn't need to; but it still feels like cutting corners.

Last edited:
Not sure if I really want him; trying to ratchet back my purchases - thanks for the encouragement tho! I'd thought with the Avengers Loki, Ragnarok; and Sylvie and Loki it sort of was a good arc for the character on the shelf, since he spends a lot of the show in the tie/jacket. E.g. I've got most of his looks, except for maybe bashing a black suit Loki.
I am right there with you. I have to start decreasing pre-orders or get better about moving older figures. Same problems as others here with lack of room to display and store. I am a big fan of the Loki series and this "final" iteration of him is such a must for me. You honestly cannot go wrong with either the sculpted or artisan- but I do understand limiting with 1/6 figures, prices are heading to places I never thought I would go. God help us if any of us have other hobbies or collect outside of this. :confused:

@Sassafras I have to imagine with 2.0's coming out for Maul and others, that Artisan Thor's and (evil) Loki's will get re-releases. I have Classic Loki and Sylvie (yet to be unboxed), but TVA Loki and President are such masterpieces from HT. An incredible line that has taken a long time to release--a Moebius would be nice but it probably won't happen.

More than happy with a sculpted one on this, the fear of rooted hair looking like a scarecrow in a few years is real.

Suppose Loki on the throne would be a nice addition; for me tho don't know that it's critical. LOL in the meantime I can save some points - hope - and get some of these costs knocked down.

But congrats to those who really wanted him and got in. (y)

Nah, I've got every Cap and Bucky. Buy what u like. I don't even own a Thanos :horror . I've got the artisan SW on order - and I own the original CW version (still not sure about that, but the new base looks cool and I like rooted hair).
If you don't want that SW I'll take her :lol:

@Sassafras I have to imagine with 2.0's coming out for Maul and others, that Artisan Thor's and (evil) Loki's will get re-releases. I have Classic Loki and Sylvie (yet to be unboxed), but TVA Loki and President are such masterpieces from HT. An incredible line that has taken a long time to release--a Moebius would be nice but it probably won't happen.
Yeah Moebius is a must if he's ever released, even 3rd party!

Heck, never thought I'd get another Loki past the Avengers version but the show IMO was "theater level". So my shelves may be full, but this Loki & characters were "worthy". Plus great accessories in the releases. (y)

I'll be on the fence for a bit thinking:lol

:lol What I REALLY want, (wtf) is the classic Loki. Except I don't want to pay full price.

After I got Sylvie (on the SW discount) and she works so well with TVA Loki - and Richard Grant was so good as the character "old Loki" - it's grown on me I want him too.

This Loki - maybe/probably - tho it's weird what bugs people. Just realized the effects behind the throne are a cardboard backdrop. That annoys me because it would be so much better to have a green resin something-or-other that lit up. Cheap, cheap. :pfft:

Yeah, my other Lokis have sculpted hair, so not that irritated. The one I'm really mad about is Jack Sparrow. Suppose I'd be irate about missing an artisan Thor too. Only have the Roadworn and, obviously, you can barely move the head.

But now I've got time to think about it; and maybe save some points. ~300$ isn't that inexpensive either tho you do get a fair amount - throne, effects. Also am wondering if the crown will come off - for those scenes it doesn't need to; but it still feels like cutting corners.
Oh! Fair. I like the classic Loki too. I suppose I always wanted a single definitive Loki from the MCU for my collection so this one will be that because it has the best Tom face imo

I agree completely about the cardboard. Those are dumb and I don't use them at all

I don’t understand what happened. I got into the page to pre-order the Artisan version but it kept on telling me that someone else had it in their cart. Even though I refreshed multiple times and the pre-order button was still there. I thought I’d get it. Ah well..

Missed out on this due to a work meeting, but hopped on the waitlist.

My greatest worry with the Artisan line is that we're 5 models in right? It's still going to be a while for the first to release and there is no telling the quality we're going to get when it releases.

Missed out on this due to a work meeting, but hopped on the waitlist.

My greatest worry with the Artisan line is that we're 5 models in right? It's still going to be a while for the first to release and there is no telling the quality we're going to get when it releases.
Its gonna be every 5-7 figures now probably, unfortunately........regrettably

Back