1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loki needs one of two treatments, or preferably both.. Thor 1 Loki finally made, and a decent look and figure from Ragnarok. I find it hard to comment on figures I haven't seen in hand (often they look much better in hand than photos), but I just don't see the Avengers face being that much better than The Dark World. It may be a great looking Loki, but I don't necessarily see it as being a fantastic Hiddleston.

Given the sculpts of late, ie: most of the Age of Ultron heads and Ant-Man.. it gives me good hope the next time a Loki figure is made.

I've had both in hand and helmetless Avengers Loki is ok(head is pinched for the helmet) but with the helmet it looks miles better than the DW Loki IMO which is why I didn't bother buying the DW even though the clothes are better tailored.

Avengers Loki looks like a "helmet or nothing" option to me. Not as bad as original Thor and Odin, but certainly looks like it would benefit from the helmet. Without it the face (on photos alone) looks more fantasy/cartoon Loki to me.

As for original Thor, I know the last couple of years have spoilt us, but man that original Thor looks like he spent too much time around Donald Trump.. :lol

Loki needs one of two treatments, or preferably both.. Thor 1 Loki finally made, and a decent look and figure from Ragnarok. I find it hard to comment on figures I haven't seen in hand (often they look much better in hand than photos), but I just don't see the Avengers face being that much better than The Dark World. It may be a great looking Loki, but I don't necessarily see it as being a fantastic Hiddleston.

Given the sculpts of late, ie: most of the Age of Ultron heads and Ant-Man.. it gives me good hope the next time a Loki figure is made.

The BvS Supes sculpt also in that list of good sculpts as of late. :lecture

For the record, I actually quite like TDW Loki sculpt myself.

I too prefer this outfit.. But I'm still a sucker for the helmet. Give me this outfit, the helmet, and the scepter and I'd be happy.
https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=822&search=loki
84a97d641da28133d1bd79147eaf4b65.jpg

The ideal Loki figure is the unreleased one from the first movie. I loved his design in that, even the horns were different.

I wish the first Thor movie could get the Iron Man treatment and get a revisit. Make Loki and Heimdall, plus a 2.0 of Thor and Odin.

I'd buy a Thor 1 Loki in a heartbeat. Would much rather Hot Toys have made that version than the Thor 2 figure (which I own), which felt a bit too stripped down and unnecessary. Hopefully Marvel's costume designers really knock it out of the park for Thor 3!

I'd buy a Thor 1 Loki in a heartbeat. Would much rather Hot Toys have made that version than the Thor 2 figure (which I own), which felt a bit too stripped down and unnecessary. Hopefully Marvel's costume designers really knock it out of the park for Thor 3!

:exactly: :goodpost: Hoping for an awesome Thor 3 Loki! :pray:

93dd1c14bfa0f6a26356cf3320b4545f.jpg

After months of waiting to get this from red diorama due to production and then customs issues, I finally feel complete with Loki. This thing is huge and a beauty altogether!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got this as a birthday gift lastnight. Totally unexpected but crazy excited that I got him. Not sure why I didn't pick him up before but after seeing photos of Ragnarok I'm glad to have this version. Question though, after taking him out and positioning him I noticed there is a small strip of fabric with little silver squares at the edge of his cuff that is dangling from the fabric. Anyone else see this issue?

Got my set from OSK today... It's no Avengers Loki, but with a little ingenuity I think this looks better than it did by itself.
I took off the plastic clips on the cape and stuffed it under the shoulder armor. Since the shoulder armor is not symmetrical, it has a unique look to it.

It comes with 2 helmets, one that fits right over the head of TDW Loki. The other helmet is smaller and fits over the Avengers Loki sculpt that it also comes with. But that head doesn't work with TDW Loki.

18987346_1329574450429990_1028946197_o.jpg

Last edited:
Got my set from OSK today... It's no Avengers Loki, but with a little ingenuity I think this looks better than it did by itself.
I took off the plastic clips on the cape and stuffed it under the shoulder armor. Since the shoulder armor is not symmetrical, it has a unique look to it.

It comes with 2 helmets, one for what I assume would be for him to hold, and another that fits right over the head of TDW Loki. It comes with a sculpt that looks like the Avengers Loki, but it doesn't work with TDW Loki.

View attachment 346171

Looks nice. Was wondering what happened to this set. It disappeared from sites offering pre-orders quite awhile ago. Good to see it's available again as I still think at times of ordering a TDW Loki since he's still around, and I would definitely want this set to go with it. But of course I'm waiting to see a Ragnarok figure 1st. Still need a Loki in my collection. ALways felt Avengers Loki was too bulky with that large overcoat.. Still wish HT would've released the original Thor version.... :(

It's nice to see pics of the actual helmet/scepter/cape set from OSK. I almost got tricked into buying one of those prior to getting my HT Avengers Loki. It's a good looking kit for a third party item, but I hate how they use pics of the genuine HT parts in the listings. :gah:

Back