1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have a done a really good job with both Loki figures thus far that I am really anxious to see what they do with Ragnarok Loki. Hopefully they will bring back his helmet.

With word that Ragnarok will have some badass female characters, I'm REALLY hoping for Lady Loki and a HT figure thereof.

Regarding changing the head to the one with the helmet - did anybody try using different neck than the Star Spangled one? It is super hard to get, while there are other seemingly short necks available like AoU Hawkeye or Marty McFly maybe. Did anybody use those?

And just to be sure - different neck is needed to avoid the giraffe neck or is the Avengers Loki head incompatible with the Dark World neck for some reason?

The neck hole on the Avengers sculpt is very narrow, so most necks just sit on the rim instead of going up inside the sculpt. The peg inside the TDW body sits up too high, so the Marty McFly neck will not work, neither will TDW neck. They are just too long for the sculpt and body. Marty neck is just as long as TDW Loki one.

The Star Spangled Man is the only one that works out of the ones I tried, it's the smallest by far.

My 'ex' aether arrived today from onesixthkit, so I now have the short sceptre, tesseract and aether. I think it's only the power orb left I don't have (which I probably could have ordered at the time) but it seems hard to justify such a small and uninspiring accessory.

I always wanted a Loki figure, but came to the collecting game too late to afford the Avengers Loki. Having the Dark World Loki, I loved it but it always missing a certain something...

Till I saw a custom job from Tony Mei, and decided to follow suit!

Quite proud of the result! I had to shave off the head to fit the custom helmet, and I was perhaps too over zealous with the shave but I managed to salvage it quite nicely. Thanks and shout out to Tony Mei for the inspiration!

All that's left for this purty guy is a cape. Nobody sells those no more, probably would have do a custom one! :(

That's awesome. I did the same thing with mine, except I put an Avengers Loki sculpt on TDW body. Been looking for a long scepter, all I have is the short scepter.

The movie has been playing a lot on tv. Makes me want to get this. Still trying to hols out hope that Ragnarok Loki will have his helmet.

Watching it now on FX. Still need a Loki. Hoping there is a one released (and a good sculpt) for Ragnarok.

I own this figure, but have only seen TDW once, back on opening night :lol It was that disappointing for me. Still, TDW Loki is a good figure that has held up over the years. My only issue is that the styling is almost too similar to my Avengers Loki. Hopefully Ragnarok brings a somewhat significant change to Loki's costumery.

I actually like TDW Loki figure over the A1 Loki.

I like the "casual" outfit he has on more so than with the helmet and the long green cape. If you get the short scepter accessory that comes with the Bruce Banner figure and put it in the hand of this TDW Loki figure, it looks really cool in my opinion.

Quick iPhone image of mine on display.

image.jpeg

I actually like TDW Loki figure over the A1 Loki.

I like the "casual" outfit he has on more so than with the helmet and the long green cape. If you get the short scepter accessory that comes with the Bruce Banner figure and put it in the hand of this TDW Loki figure, it looks amazing.

Yeah I prefer the more tricked-out version with the helmet and cape :lol Avengers Loki did come with two lengths of the staff/scepter. Maybe letting TDW Loki hold one would spice him up a bit. I didn't get the exclusive Aether so, with nothing to hold, he's a bit boring on the shelf.

Yeah I prefer the more tricked-out version with the helmet and cape :lol Avengers Loki did come with two lengths of the staff/scepter. Maybe letting TDW Loki hold one would spice him up a bit. I didn't get the exclusive Aether so, with nothing to hold, he's a bit boring on the shelf.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I didn't get the exclusive version either, so with no Aether and no scepter and only a dagger to hold that doesn't really do him/the character justice, he seemed a bit boring. I picked up the Aether accessory on eBay so that way I could have all the Infinity Stones thus far and then when I got the Bruce Banner figure, immediately put the short scepter accessory that he comes with in Loki's hand.

I think it definitely suits this figure well. Not to mention I think the sculpt on this figure is pretty well done also.

I picked up the aether online, just so I could have it, and I have the short sceptre from earlier purchasing Banner. I just don't think the short sceptre looks right held by Banner, and for a while I had Loki hold it. But now that I have both TDW figures posed together I don't think he looks right either. Call me picky, but I guess it's no different than me trying to have both my damaged Terminators fairly close to what they were in their respective movies. At the moment I just kind of have the aether, tesseract and short sceptor just lying there.

For me at the point where if Ragnarok Loki isn't appealing and doesn't have a proper helmet, then I'm stuck with either getting the A1 or TDW and get the A1 headsculpt and helmet separately.

Back