1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could always go for a short scepter.

I actually have a TDW Loki and put the short scepter that came with the Avengers Bruce Banner figure in his hand. I really like the look of it.

Yeah, I did that too. He wears the same outfit in Avengers when he was using the short scepter anyway.

I almost picked him up because he was on special for a day locally, and I could have cashed in some Visa points as well... would have gone well with my Thor from the same movie, buuuttt, all my MCU characters have been Avengers so far, and I ordered Black Widow from Australia instead...

3 months since I wrote that... and similar situation once again, :lol

This time I pulled the trigger :yess: $300 NZ (down from $450), with a $100 voucher on top.. $200. That's US$125 for you american folk, including shipping. My first villain and favourite from the MCU. I'll probably give him the sceptor from the Bruce Banner set even if it isn't "movie accurate" to TDW.

The more expensive repercussion of this is now I'm thinking of AoU Thor to swap into my Avengers collection so I can display TDW Thor and Loki together.. :thud:

loki2.jpg

Arrived :) , I've temporarily posed in the back of my Avengers display while I think of what to do with him, and where to put him. Ideally I'd like to long term pair him with Thor, as mentioned above. Hell, given my Thor/Loki love I could end up buying both from Ragnorak yet.. :yess:

So, the plusses are, I think the tailoring is fantastic, and the sculpt looks pretty good. Better than forum photos suggest. Whether better than Avengers I can't say without seeing in person. The minuses being he is pretty bare bones, but that works for the movie he is from. Purely because it seems a shame to leave the BB sceptre left in a box, I've given it to Loki. If he wasn't using a TDW stand you wouldn't give it a second thought anyway.

And I won't really call it a negative, because it doesn't matter to me that much, but you MISB and resale people would be annoyed... he didn't come in his shipper box. The only other HT I've bought from this retailer did, and both my Sideshow items did (although somewhere along the way I've thrown out a couple of my shipper boxes not giving them much thought anyway). The TDW packaging was still plastic wrapped however, and the inhouse packaging they used was it's usual high standard and well packed.

I can only summise that being older stock the packaging had been removed at some point for storage. Certainly no sign that it is returned stock..

They have a done a really good job with both Loki figures thus far that I am really anxious to see what they do with Ragnarok Loki. Hopefully they will bring back his helmet.

Hopefully they will also go back and release Loki from the first Thor movie with the Winter Casket accessory.
That figure looked amazing.
Damn you hot toys!;)

Just did a movie Thorathon this weekend watching the Thor/Loki trilogy, keeping the different looks in mind for figures while I watched them. Loki from the first movie with Gungnir and helmet would be a must have. Would look nicely different enough to TDW in the same collection. Don't see it happening, but here's hoping for a similar or better look for Loki in the third movie.

:impatient:

Loki is at his best in the first Thor, that's still my favorite. He felt more like the trickster, playing both sides... He was just an outright villain against the Avengers.

Loki is at his best in the first Thor, that's still my favorite. He felt more like the trickster, playing both sides... He was just an outright villain against the Avengers.

He was like that in TDW also I felt. He showed emotion and vulnerability after learning his mother had been murdered, he almost made one feel sorry for him when he showed Thor what he truly felt like "rotting" in his cell, he almost made you believe he was siding with Thor and wasn't betraying him, feeling like the murder of their mother brought them closer, and last but not least, made it seem like he died a heroic death. In the end, he had his own hidden agenda up his sleeve and it was all a facade.

I just had this commissioned. It's a 1/4 scale Loki figure, all hand sculpted, with real, rooted hair and a hand-sewn outfit. I asked for the outfit to be done in a more traditionally Norse, mythological sense, to pay homage to the character's mythological roots. It's a lot more beautiful in person than you can see in these photo's even. I was contemplating selling him, since I'm having some financial issues at the moment. I paid a pretty good deal for him. But in my honest opinion, he's worth a lot more than I paid.

MI_LOKI_202.jpg

MI_LOKI_204-766x1024.jpg

MI_LOKI_212-766x1024.jpg

MI_LOKI201-766x1024.jpg

MI_LOKI203.jpg

Found the exclusive version of this from a local collector in my city for 150 mib.:yess: Finally get to add loki to my collection. Now just need to find a short scepter for him

Back