1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Review_SCBobaFett27.jpg

haha%255B1%255D.gif

Who's the daddy?

One day ickle baby Boba will grow into his jetpack, and his daddy will give him a real gun to play with. :)

Even in their terribly unfutzed state (did the guy who took the picture hate 1/6 figures? did he want both to look bad?) it's pretty clear that the Sideshow figure comes out on top by miles.
Any pics of Sideshow-Fett next to Vader and his Stormtroopers? Next to Lando, or even Solo?
Looking forward to more pics of him next to other Sideshow figures.

Can't believe these haven't been bumped. Bravo, Batty!

Beautiful pictures!

Are you using a grid flash for the non-B/W pics?

Please tell me your setup (Nikon/Cannon/lense, etc)!

Thanks! :duff

I use a Sony NEX-5N with a macro lens. All effects are done in-camera with just a few touch ups afterwards. No flash used, just a desktop photography lamp.

It looks like the vest is made of a rubber coated material. Why did sideshow did do that. Everybody knows what happens to rubber it falls apart or starts flaking. Didn't they think about that . I put a piece of velcro to hold the jet pack . Very annoying.

Even in their terribly unfutzed state (did the guy who took the picture hate 1/6 figures? did he want both to look bad?) it's pretty clear that the Sideshow figure comes out on top by miles.

Pffft. You've got to be joking. Medi looks like he stepped out of the film, and has natural, human proportions. Sideshow's looks like a doll.

Nice try Sideshow, but a bit of extra height doesn't mean anything if you can't get simple proportions right. Those arms! Fail.

They both look really dollish in that picture, but the finish and paint etc on SSC beats the medi esb easily. Gonna switch SSC body to a HT cus of the chunky hip/short arm look the pro has (although looks ok in some pics, im just gonna go ahead and do it)

Also, not really a complaint, but i remember SSC saying how they worked tons on the helmet, making lots of sculpts to match what was on screen and picking the best... for that amount of work they sure ended up with slightly wonky helmet proportions - google ESB boba fett, find a good pic of him frontal or at side, find a comparative shot of the figure and flick between the 2, it will look obvious. I don't mind though, as its still Boba-ish enough and who compares like that irl?, its just a shame as it is like they weren't thorough enough on such a big character

edit: while on the subject, I've noticed every single SSC figure I have has a slightly inaccurate head! I wont go through em lest i look a mega-hater, just a point of interest

Last edited:
i will switch helmets

What are you gonna use? The medi may be too small for the ssc boba. Also I think the medi has as many things off too (still looks good, just abit off in the opposite way the ssc is, in a way)

My personal fav 1/6th boba helmet i've seen is probably the prototype actually, just due to the T visor being slimmer in the middle (thats it, i'm now an ssc bashing, medi bashing, boba fett prototype loving whiner :nana: )

What are you gonna use? The medi may be too small for the ssc boba. Also I think the medi has as many things off too (still looks good, just abit off in the opposite way the ssc is, in a way)

the medicom,dont think its too small,gonna paint some wrong colors on it.i think it looks better proportioned than ssc's.i really think its better with the visor

Last edited:
Pffft. You've got to be joking. Medi looks like he stepped out of the film, and has natural, human proportions. Sideshow's looks like a doll.

Nice try Sideshow, but a bit of extra height doesn't mean anything if you can't get simple proportions right. Those arms! Fail.

Unless you have it in hand, I'd advise STFU. I had doubts about the SSC Boba after initial pics, too but it is miles ahead of the Medi. Bonus points for not disintegrating, as well. Pose him and do the simple mods and the SSC figure is the definitive 1/6 Boba Fett. The weapons, the weathering, the outfit all top notch. It just sounds like you want the SSC Boba to fail where it clearly doesn't. His proportions are fine, you are going by poor internet pics. But then again, I am someone who prefers the Marmit over the Medi. Atleast he didn't fall apart and he's in scale.

Back