All Mondo X-Men Animated Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rogue is already shipping soon:

2pqSgQL.png

Tempted to pickup the series. Been collecting the BTAS series. Staying away from the X-Men but I may end up folding later on. Had to pick up Uncanny Comic Version Magneto tho during the warehouse find sale. I don’t really care for the cell shaded paint job. Reason why I picked up the comic version Magneto.

With mondo X-Men I started out as I am only getting Rogue...well I got the limited rogue and I was like .hmm I'll get a regular rogue and gambit as well ..I can use the reg rogue to display the smiling headsculpt together with gambit...

Then the warehouse sale came...and i caved to get the limited jubilee. Only going for the X-Men team..no villains. I need Wolverine but waiting for mondo to come out with a 2.0 version as I read that the initial version had lots of issues. Mind you was tempted to pick up Logan but I had some self control lol

The hair is awesome. They nailed how much volume she had with her 90s style. It's actually toned back if anything to how crazy and big it really was.

2D8lSTk.png

Here's to (slightly) hoping the exclusive Rogue shows up on Mondo's site again due to order cancellations. But also just as happy if that version remains sold out so that I can stay out of the X-Men line altogether.

Picked up Wolverine from SpecFiction, they had him at a good price. It arrived this morning, and I had some time to play with it a bit.

I was worried about trying to collect this whole line, in the hype of X-Men '97, and this figure tempers my hype by quite a lot. There's significant paint slop on this figure. The masked grinning head, one eye is bigger than the other because the white bleeds onto the black. There's a number of stray paint marks on the back, fortunately none on the front. The unmasked head has paint rubs on the face, which is distracting enough to make it not usable for me. The left arm fell off as I was trying to untie all the twisties (!!!), taking out of the package, it plugs back in easily, but also falls out easily as well.

Speaking of, boy, the packaging is a throwback, and not in a good way. I haven't seen twist ties on a package in decades. I think back when Sideshow was still doing them in their earlier Star Wars figures. What the heck is up with that?

Both sets of claws are uneven, probably very difficult to make them all stick straight out. Making them stiff enough to hold shape would probably also make them susceptible to breakage, and any softer, then they'd just wilt. I was able to heat them up and straighten them out to make it look better, but they're still not as good as I'd like them.

While understanding that this was the first figure in the line, it also wasn't Mondo's first figure, and the production should've been a lot better. It almost feels like this figure was made in response to the memes, and then once it was successful they decided to expand. The choice of the picture frame and the drumstick seems really silly. Plus, including hands to hold those accessories. Just get rid of those things and drop the price another $10-$15.

Overall, it does feel pretty cheap, it's sturdy and feels solid, the joints are tight, but there's the paint slop is not okay. There was a lot of criticism that it just feels like a big Hasbro figure, and while I understand that the size/cost of molds is what's driving the price, it's understandable. The irony being paint slop used to be pretty common or acceptable on smaller scale figures, but it seems to have been remedied over the last decade or so, so why is it still happening on larger scale figures at a premium price?

I think at this point, I'll wait for Hono, SooSoo, Present, or whoever else to do more X-Men.

Last edited:
Picked up Wolverine from SpecFiction, they had him at a good price. It arrived this morning, and I had some time to play with it a bit.

I was worried about trying to collect this whole line, in the hype of X-Men '97, and this figure tempers my hype by quite a lot. There's significant paint slop on this figure. The masked grinning head, one eye is bigger than the other because the white bleeds onto the black. There's a number of stray paint marks on the back, fortunately none on the front. The unmasked head has paint rubs on the face, which is distracting enough to make it not usable for me. The left arm fell off as I was trying to untie all the twisties (!!!), taking out of the package, it plugs back in easily, but also falls out easily as well.

Speaking of, boy, the packaging is a throwback, and not in a good way. I haven't seen twist ties on a package in decades. I think back when Sideshow was still doing them in their earlier Star Wars figures. What the heck is up with that?

Both sets of claws are uneven, probably very difficult to make them all stick straight out. Making them stiff enough to hold shape would probably also make them susceptible to breakage, and any softer, then they'd just wilt. I was able to heat them up and straighten them out to make it look better, but they're still not as good as I'd like them.

While understanding that this was the first figure in the line, it also wasn't Mondo's first figure, and the production should've been a lot better. It almost feels like this figure was made in response to the memes, and then once it was successful they decided to expand. The choice of the picture frame and the drumstick seems really silly. Plus, including hands to hold those accessories. Just get rid of those things and drop the price another $10-$15.

Overall, it does feel pretty cheap, it's sturdy and feels solid, the joints are tight, but there's the paint slop is not okay. There was a lot of criticism that it just feels like a big Hasbro figure, and while I understand that the size/cost of molds is what's driving the price, it's understandable. The irony being paint slop used to be pretty common or acceptable on smaller scale figures, but it seems to have been remedied over the last decade or so, so why is it still happening on larger scale figures at a premium price?

I think at this point, I'll wait for Hono, SooSoo, Present, or whoever else to do more X-Men.
Just to let you know Wolverine was their worst figure..filled with QC issues so I wouldn't judge their figures from Wolverine. I plan to get all their main X-Men team figures but skipped Wolverine in hope that they make an improved version. I have rogue and gambit on the way.

I got their jubilee and mine had a minor paint issue on one of the thighs which mondo offered a 20 percent refund or to ship it back and replace it. Since I live in Canada and got hit with customs I took the 20 percent refund instead as I am certain I would get hit with customs tax again.

I also got their shera, hordak, he-man and skeletor and they were great. Mondo customer service is great. Their he-man times edition release had a major issue where the torso pops off and is not able to stay on and they sent everyone a replacement body.

Back