• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Anybody know member Predalien08?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up to about a year ago I would have agreed with this, but in that time I once put the wrong city name down, and got a package sent back. Then, I had a package linger around a post office in Wisconsin or something for about a week before it got on to its destination. So, wacky things can happen. Note that I do tracking on everything I send domestic, and eventually got the items where they needed to go. But, I'm just saying that that argument isn't always a lie. Bad things do happen sometimes with mailing services (hell, I once sent a package to Canada that took 3 weeks to reach its destination!).

Of course, I'm not by any means defending this guy you fellas are referring to. If someone has had multiple issues with multiple people, makes multiple excuses on a given order, and bolts from a site without defending himself or answering PMs, then I think that is pretty indefensible.

I was speaking on past experiences, I never realized somwthing like this actually happenned. Well you live and learn right? :)

Hey, is it appropriate to ask that in con situations such as this appears that the person's real name is posted in the feedback forum as a bad seller? That real person deserves to pay for their misdeeds, not some semi-annonymous board name thats banned now anyway.

Even if his board name is banned or given a negative feedback, can't he just create a new account and just start selling again to people that are new to the forums and does not even know about the feedback forum, like I. I hate to say it but some of you guys are so nice and welcoming that I assumed everyone on the forum is the same. Lucky for me I haven't got the money to be scammed.

Up to about a year ago I would have agreed with this, but in that time I once put the wrong city name down, and got a package sent back. Then, I had a package linger around a post office in Wisconsin or something for about a week before it got on to its destination. So, wacky things can happen. Note that I do tracking on everything I send domestic, and eventually got the items where they needed to go. But, I'm just saying that that argument isn't always a lie. Bad things do happen sometimes with mailing services (hell, I once sent a package to Canada that took 3 weeks to reach its destination!).

Of course, I'm not by any means defending this guy you fellas are referring to. If someone has had multiple issues with multiple people, makes multiple excuses on a given order, and bolts from a site without defending himself or answering PMs, then I think that is pretty indefensible.

yeah his feedback up to this time was good, though it was only at 6 or 8 i believe, but everyone starts at 0 right. so i figured he was ok.
but the funny thing was that once i posted my concerns about this member, there were other members that had also had problems with him in the past, which lead me to wonder why he didn't have any negative feedback.

of course the problems before weren't as bad as my situation, just that he was very slow with delivery and poor communication etc.

i also checked his last visits trying to see if he has been on the board, and before his last pm with me he hadn't been on in almost a month, and now it's another month, so he just hasn't been around period.

one of his reasons at one point was that he lost his job and had bought an engagement ring etc. and didn't have the $$$ to pay for shipping at that time, and he would send as soon as he got his first pay check from his new job, all of which are bad timing i guess, but all i want is my sht or give me my money back.

Even if his board name is banned or given a negative feedback, can't he just create a new account and just start selling again to people that are new to the forums and does not even know about the feedback forum, l

once this gets around, it should be harder for him to do so since he has such a large and unique collection. looks like quite a few people have viewed this thread!

Its important to leave feedback for all transactions... sometimes that even means leaving a neutral if someone is just plain flakey when you deal with them. Its good to give other members a heads up... especially as we've seen a couple times that if a member got screwed 2 or 3 line up afterwards with similar experiences.

With all the complaints piling up and seeing the trend of ripping people off I'm surprised charges haven't been brought up against this man. People like this are sociopaths and have no regret or sympathy whatsoever when it comes to stealing peoples money. I guarantee he can sleep extremely well at night because people like this are totally oblivious. The only way is if victims unite together and get all their emails, records and transactions together and take this bastard down. The only thing that make me more angry is when people are too weak to do anything about it. I for one would not put up with this because I don't mess around at all and would not let some lousy punk get away with my money.

yeah his feedback up to this time was good, though it was only at 6 or 8 i believe, but everyone starts at 0 right. so i figured he was ok.
but the funny thing was that once i posted my concerns about this member, there were other members that had also had problems with him in the past, which lead me to wonder why he didn't have any negative feedback.

of course the problems before weren't as bad as my situation, just that he was very slow with delivery and poor communication etc.

i also checked his last visits trying to see if he has been on the board, and before his last pm with me he hadn't been on in almost a month, and now it's another month, so he just hasn't been around period.

one of his reasons at one point was that he lost his job and had bought an engagement ring etc. and didn't have the $$$ to pay for shipping at that time, and he would send as soon as he got his first pay check from his new job, all of which are bad timing i guess, but all i want is my sht or give me my money back.

Were you able to get the contact info you were looking for? I can always look up in the local phone directory for this person if you need assistance. I met the guy you are referring to (not predAlien) in person and he seemed like a good guy, never would have thought he would stiff another member for that much cash.

Sucks man. No way would I send $500 to anyone on a message board.

I gambled and sent $800 for my IM comiquette, and it arrived, fortunately. Probably wouldn't attempt it again though.

Back